The Student Room Group

Things to take to university

I’m moving out in September and I have no idea what to take. I need to make a shopping list and get my things ready. But I don’t know what to take with me :/
Reply 1
This might help :smile:
Swimming trucks for when you flood your halls.

Happened to me.
Reply 3
Lube, and lots of it.
Reply 4
youll be suprised what you do and dont need.
one thing i forgot was coat hangers and drawing pins...

you WILL need money, and more than you can get your hands on FACT!
Reply 5
Dildo
Reply 6
Toothbrush!
Reply 7
Original post by Arcanine
Dildo

LOL
Reply 8
Original post by Mombasa Raha
I'm thinking of taking a lot of quirky random stuff like a basketball hoop to put on the door with loads of small basketball balls. Things like that. Loads of gadgets and toys...make my room awesome! I'm looking out for an RC helicopter as well.

Oh and of course the usual stuff.

Yeaaaahhh, that's really not as cool as you think it is...
Reply 9
There's still 6 months to go!
Might as well start early
Original post by hannah_dru
This might help :smile:

This, quite simply.
Original post by BigDirty
Yeaaaahhh, that's really not as cool as you think it is...

Haha, OK then. What's not cool about having a basketball hoop on your door? If you get bored play indoor hoops! The RC Heli may not be a good idea though. I dunno. I'm into RC planes and stuff, so yeah. Gadgets wise - the usual (i.e. console, tv, itouch with dock - well actually my tv has a built-in ipod dock, so yeah) plus others. Might take LED lights etc.
(edited 13 years ago)
take a doppleganger. confuse the f*** out of the people in ur halls.
Reply 14
Mini fridge
Haha, OK then. What's not cool about having a basketball hoop on your door? If you get bored play indoor hoops! The RC Heli may not be a good idea though. I dunno. I'm into RC planes and stuff, so yeah. Gadgets wise - the usual (i.e. console, tv, itouch with dock - well actually my tv has a built-in ipod dock, so yeah) plus others. Might take LED lights etc.

how you planning on fixing it to your door. unis screw people over in halls big time.
we got charged a couple of quid each to have ANOTHER halls cleaned on the outside...
Laptop, xbox, monitor, acoustic guitar, electric guitar, amp, skateboard. Main things I'll be taking there!
Reply 17
In a classroom conversation lately all the girls bagan talking about where to buy rape alarms for uni! Friends of mine who have already found their flat are looking to but a pool table. Others are talking about stockpiling vodka now like they're hamsters or something. Hysteria is in the air.
Original post by PonchoKid
how you planning on fixing it to your door. unis screw people over in halls big time.
we got charged a couple of quid each to have ANOTHER halls cleaned on the outside...

That must suck. Why was that?

I want to get the kind that hangs over the door; where you don't need screws.
That must suck. Why was that?

I want to get the kind that hangs over the door; where you don't need screws.

because our lads and their lads had a food fight... both halls got covered in food. yet because they complained they got theirs cleaned up courtosy of us, and then the uni refused to clean ours...
the uni hates our halls though, so weve become used to it...

yeah one over the door might be better, but most doors will be proper fire doors, so might be worth buying, but dont be annoyed if it wont hook over...

Quick Reply

Latest