The Student Room Group

Are there any real gentlemen out there?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
I have no faith in men. I have no faith in love anymore. Combination of my dad being a cheating, lying prick and my boyfriend being a verbally abusive, disrespectful prick. How do people go on to restore their faith in men/woman after a horrible experience? I feel like men are all cut from the same cloth even though in my heart I know this can't be true. I like to think there are some decent men out there, but I have no idea where they're hiding! :frown:

Ok. heres a realism punch for ya.

Stop going out with jerks and *******s and you shall see what real men are.

if you fail to understand that simple sentence you should just keep up appearances with the current BF.
Reply 21
I have no faith in men. I have no faith in love anymore. Combination of my dad being a cheating, lying prick and my boyfriend being a verbally abusive, disrespectful prick. How do people go on to restore their faith in men/woman after a horrible experience? I feel like men are all cut from the same cloth even though in my heart I know this can't be true. I like to think there are some decent men out there, but I have no idea where they're hiding! :frown:

If there were, they would never get laid!
There are many real gentleman out there...

Women however, do not go for these gentleman, instead they go for those that treat them badly
yes. they are probably your friends and nothing more.

There certainly are, real gentlemen who know how to treat a girl right :smile:
Reply 25
Original post by Cable
They're probably where you left them: in the FRIEND ZONE. Just because you're attracted to jerks, doesn't mean that there aren't good guys around you.

Before you girls start, i'm not in a friend zone. I was just being a bit humorous.

OP, give some good men a chance. Although, you have to be attracted to them first (of course) and you don't have to necessarily lower your standards.

Now I'm off to listen to single of the year: Rebecca Black - Friday.

*Sings*: Friday, friday..............sunday comes afterwaaarrrrrrrrrrrdddds!!!!

PS. I'm only joking. It's a load of crap. Same goes for a lot of music theses days

Erm, I haven't left any men in the friend zone. I've only ever had one relationship which has taken up 4 miserable years of my life so I've never really had that much experience with dating and guys. And when I first met my boyfriend, he was kind, complimentary and caring, everything I'd dreamed of in a guy. So I didn't know he was going to turn out to be a complete jerk. I'm not attracted to guys like that at all.
Reply 26
I think patience is the best solution, I know you want a gentleman, so dont rush..just wait, Im sure he will come along.. and there are real gentlemen out there.
There are good guys out there.

Problem is, you girls seem to enjoy ignoring them and going for the absolute ***** in society.
Reply 28
Original post by Nick1sHere
There are many real gentleman out there...

Women however, do not go for these gentleman, instead they go for those that treat them badly

I reiterate, I do not go for men that treat me badly. My boyfriend started out as the sweetest guy you could ever meet then turned out to be a complete prat. And now, after 4 long years, I am too fearful and trapped to even consider leaving. It's not because I'm attracted to him. I hate his guts and everything he has put me through.
Reply 29
there are many gentlemen. my experience tells me that some women dont live up to the expectations. you cant apply double standards here. women who dont know when to shut up are the worst. but i hear you. i feel the exact same for women.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygYYOeVoVgk
Don't lie. You love dating pricks, just like 99 percent of women on the planet. I can bet you any money your next bf will be another douchebag. Most girls aren't attracted to gentlemen.
There definitely are but there may be obstacles:

1) Your judgement of character is too crap to spot them out: most women, and men, think that they have better judgement of character than they actually do. I always hear the "Gentlemen are often nice guys and I go for bad boys...". If you suspect that all guys with manners and moral values are nice guys, then you have a **** judgement of character and have a lot to learn (by making mistake after mistake)...

2) They may not want to go out with you
Reply 32
Original post by Cheesecakefactory
Don't lie. You love dating pricks, just like 99 percent of women on the planet. I can bet you any money your next bf will be another douchebag. Most girls aren't attracted to gentlemen.

I don't. It's because having being with a cruel guy like him has knocked my confidence and made me feel worthless. So I feel like I can't find anyone. That's why I am staying with him NOT because I like him. I cry most nights at what he has done to me and how he has changed my personality from being a strong, confident girl to a weak, insecure wreck. He has made me feel so low that I have started to believe the things he says. True, there are girls out there that like bad guys. For me, I dated someone who I thought was that romantic, caring, innocent guy I had always dreamed of meeting but sadly turned out to be a nasty piece of ****. And now I am too lonely and scared to leave. So don't jump to conclusions.
I reiterate, I do not go for men that treat me badly. My boyfriend started out as the sweetest guy you could ever meet then turned out to be a complete prat. And now, after 4 long years, I am too fearful and trapped to even consider leaving. It's not because I'm attracted to him. I hate his guts and everything he has put me through.

No better reason to leave.

Please shut up with all the; "Oh, all men are *****," we're not, you just cannot be bothered to open up your eyes and not just notice the one guy with the arrogance of Charlie Sheen in the room.

And we will jump to conclusions, you know the way to make it all better, but your "too frightened" to do it.

Grow up, and take back your own life.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 34
Are there any real women out there? Mixture of hotness and housework

If only god would give me the smallest glimmer of a chance with her:

I have an unhealthy hatred of women, apart from physically and sexually. Let's get together and hate each other with a passion !
Reply 36
Original post by Alpharius
No better reason to leave.

Please shut up with all the; "Oh, all men are *****," we're not, you just cannot be bothered to open up your eyes and not just notice the one guy with the arrogance of Charlie Sheen in the room.

And we will jump to conclusions, you know the way to make it all better, but your "too frightened" to do it.

Grow up, and take back your own life.

Erm, I didn't say all men are ****. I said I FEEL that way because of the awful experience I have been through, it's how I feel, I am scared that there is no one decent out there and I struggle to trust people. I said in the post that I know it's not true. I can't help how I feel. I used to be a dreamer in love when I was younger and imagine how it would feel to meet my perfect guy but after seeing the way my dad is and then meeting someone verbally abusive who has made me feel worthless I have lost that optimism I had. Which I'm really sad about.
Reply 37
Original post by Cable

Now I'm off to listen to single of the year: Rebecca Black - Friday.

*Sings*: Friday, friday..............sunday comes afterwaaarrrrrrrrrrrdddds!!!!

*Sings* Gotta have my bowl, gotta have cereal!

What *ahem* 'talent' she has... =L
I know I would be, I've just never had the chance...
Reply 39
Original post by SamTheMan
There definitely are but there may be obstacles:

1) Your judgement of character is too crap to spot them out: most women, and men, think that they have better judgement of character than they actually do. I always hear the "Gentlemen are often nice guys and I go for bad boys...". If you suspect that all guys with manners and moral values are nice guys, then you have a **** judgement of character and have a lot to learn (by making mistake after mistake)...

2) They may not want to go out with you

I've only ever had one relationship that so I really don't know what to make of my judgement. People say things like you can judge a guy by his friends/how he treats his family etc. How exactly am I supposed to know who's decent and who's not? Most guys are nice to start out with, well my certainly boyfriend was.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending