The Student Room Group

Libya, another Iraq another lie

Libya another country with oil.

since when does a no-fly zone involve destroying tanks?

where is the real evidence of the apparent massacres of unarmed civilians, why did i only find out today than the rebels also have jets,why is the news so biased, why did france recognise basically the libyan version of the ira as a government,where is all the journalistic evidence???.

And why did the SAS land in a mi6 agents back garden in a helicopter dressed in black with a bag full of explosives and then claim that it was a diplomatic mission when they were captured?

Also why all the focus on libya, what about all the other countries like bahrain and saudi arabia, the congo and ivory coast.

This is clearly a plan to take out libya no matter the cost in lives, while they still can.

Now they consider doing a proxy war by using state sponsored terrorism, arming the rebels. Isnt that what gadaffi did with the ira?

put down the guns get some un peacekeepers in, or let libyans fight their own civil war just like you let all the other people in other countries kill each other and do not take sides as you do not know who the bad guys are.
(edited 13 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
hardly another Iraq this is justified by the UN. And the oil in Libya is hardly worth the cost of an invasion.

I cannot be bothered I really cannot. Look through the other threads your argument has been addressed again and again. There is no need for this thread.

The Daily Telegraph's Rob Cirlly in the outskirts of Benghazi tweets: "can hear the artillery slamming into the city from here, edge of town, with stream of refugees? Where are the Nato jets?"
Gaddafi has started a full assault on the heavily populated city of Benghazi bombing residential areas. Isn't it time to implement UN Resolution...
See more
15 hours ago · Like ·
(edited 13 years ago)
At least with Iraq the Americans had the decency of putting forward a bull**** case. We can't even get an elaborate lie these days.

The UN is pointless.
Reply 3
So the Libyan pilots who defected to Malta with their Mirage F1s instead of bombing their own citizens were naughty fibbers, then?
Reply 4
Original post by Aj12
I cannot be bothered I really cannot. Look through the other threads your argument has been addressed again and again. There is no need for this thread.

The Daily Telegraph's Rob Cirlly in the outskirts of Benghazi tweets: "can hear the artillery slamming into the city from here, edge of town, with stream of refugees? Where are the Nato jets?"
Gaddafi has started a full assault on the heavily populated city of Benghazi bombing residential areas. Isn't it time to implement UN Resolution...
See more
15 hours ago · Like ·

this is not an argument, i watched the news, flicking between bbc and russiatoday for about 3 hours and i am disgusted at the reporting of the bbc, at least the russians try to keep a non biased view
Reply 5
Original post by Drewski
So the Libyan pilots who defected to Malta with their Mirage F1s instead of bombing their own citizens were naughty fibbers, then?

Yeah the oil companies paid them to do it. We are going to spend millions on this op so the oil companies can have another field to drill despite already having an oil contract.

Its all lies for oil you see.
Reply 6
Original post by robin22391
this is not an argument, i watched the news, flicking between bbc and russiatoday for about 3 hours and i am disgusted at the reporting of the bbc, at least the russians try to keep a non biased view

Of what? You cannot deny what Gadaffi is doing to his own people.
You Sir, are a fool.
not another iraq... but we shouldn't be getting involved.
britain trying to police the world again. it won't work. we'll end up with unnecessary deaths. great.
Reply 9
Original post by don'tyouremember?
britain trying to police the world again. it won't work. we'll end up with unnecessary deaths. great.

Yeah lets sit back and watch people being shot bombed and massacred.
Reply 10
Original post by Drewski

was that verified?

i doubt they would get jets to fire on unarmed protestors, they can barely get a plane off the ground without it blowing up.

gadaffi may be crazy and he may order terrible things but did the paratroopers not kill 14 brittish protestors in the 70s, i am complaining about the lies the governments like the uk and france usa etc spout just so they can invade places or change dictators.
Original post by don'tyouremember?

So it's better to sit and watch the unnecessary deaths of the country's own government which would be DIRECTED to civilians
Reply 12
was that verified?

i doubt they would get jets to fire on unarmed protestors, they can barely get a plane off the ground without it blowing up.

gadaffi may be crazy and he may order terrible things but did the paratroopers not kill 14 brittish protestors in the 70s, i am complaining about the lies the governments like the uk and france usa etc spout just so they can invade places or change dictators.

So because of a stupid mistake by a group of soldiers we have lost all rights to protest other citizens?
Reply 13
Original post by Aj12
Of what? You cannot deny what Gadaffi is doing to his own people.

is libya the only country doing this, no.

this is normal its what the state does in a civil war, it is disgusting that they lie and pretend that they are saving libya when infact they are doing it for strategic reasons.
Reply 14
is libya the only country doing this, no.

this is normal its what the state does in a civil war, it is disgusting that they lie and pretend that they are saving libya when infact they are doing it for strategic reasons.

Its the only country that has a full rebellion that has a chance to take down a corrupt evil dictatorship.

Most of our oil does not come from Libya its hardly a strategic interest.

Other than your crackpot theories any proof we are doing this for oil :rolleyes:
Reply 15
was that verified?

Here

Here

Here

Here

Here

That's a yes, then.

Their Armed Forces might not be brilliant, but underestimate them at your peril. Any warplane capable of being fitted with weapons is a threat. Just because you can't understand that doesn't make it untrue.

You're a conspiracy theorist who doesn't trust Governments, no matter what we say you'll ignore it as yet more propaganda anyway.
Reply 16
Original post by Aj12
So because of a stupid mistake by a group of soldiers we have lost all rights to protest other citizens?

hypocrisy is the word to use, when britain and america pretend to be saving libya.

you have lost no rights and nothing can take your rights away, but if you save libya you must save every country and all of arabia and the ME including saudi arabia from its dictators.

that there is no effort to stop bahrain ans saudi arabia shows that the libyan no-fly zone is strategic and that the medi is lying for the state.
Reply 17
hypocrisy is the word to use, when britain and america pretend to be saving libya.

you have lost no rights and nothing can take your rights away, but if you save libya you must save every country and all of arabia and the ME including saudi arabia from its dictators.

that there is no effort to stop bahrain ans saudi arabia shows that the libyan no-fly zone is strategic and that the medi is lying for the state.

Only if we have the chance to. If there was a full armed rebellion that could easily take control with a no fly zone then its likely we would help. However there is a limit its just not possible to help everywhere.

You have no clue do you? How many times must i repeat this. There is no proper opposition in any other country no armed rebellion just some very angry crowds.
Reply 18
Libya another country with oil.

We were getting the oil anyway, and had peace been restored by Gaddafi the oil lines would be up and running quicker than they will be now that there's a war going on out there.

Therefore, moot point.

since when does a no-fly zone involve destroying tanks?

Have you actually read the resolution? Nowhere does it say action is limited to policing a no fly zone through figher jets.

where is the evidence of the apparent massacres of unarmed civilians, where are the videos of libyan bombs dropped from jets killing people, why did i only find out today than the rebels also have jets, where are all the pictures of the government jets,why is the news so biased, why did france recognise basically the libyan version of the ira as a government,where is all the journalistic evidence???.

Probably held by the reporters currently imprisoned and/or killed and/or tortured by Gaddafi.

Also why all the focus on libya, what about all the other countries like bahrain and saudi arabia.

Because the costs are too high for intervening there.
Reply 19
Original post by Drewski
Here

Here

Here

Here

Here

That's a yes, then.

Their Armed Forces might not be brilliant, but underestimate them at your peril. Any warplane capable of being fitted with weapons is a threat. Just because you can't understand that doesn't make it untrue.

You're a conspiracy theorist who doesn't trust Governments, no matter what we say you'll ignore it as yet more propaganda anyway.

im not a conspiracy theorist, what a ridiculous use of words btw. I am a truth'er, i believe in the truth. it angers me to see lies and i want evidence of things that are presented to me that may be false.

i have never said that those pilots never had those orders, but they did not actually do it did they, and that they are all supposedly french....

most of these bombings have not been verified and these media outlets stressed that.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending