The Student Room Group

How did your parents find out about you losing your virginity?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
I am 23 and they dont know it yet = )
Mh I don't know if they know, but they probably guessed. Been living abroad on my own for about two years, and when my mum came she saw how flirty I was with boys and warned me to be careful I don't catch anything. I think she knows I'm a lot like her when she was young, and she was from the hippies generation. x)
Reply 82
Original post by Nick Longjohnson
I accidentally charged the prostitute to my dads credit card :facepalm:

Lad.
Reply 83
Original post by don'tyouremember?
my mum asked and i told her...

I am sorry but your mom was wrong to ask.

I think things like this are personal and should not be kept to yourself unless you wish to tell someone.

How unconfortable for you to duscuss it with a parent i think its a little creepy.
Original post by sassy123

I think things like this are personal and should ... be kept to yourself unless you wish to tell someone.

How unconfortable for you to duscuss it with a parent i think its a little creepy.

Little correction for you :wink:
Original post by jjarvis
Lad.

Wait till you hear about where she swiped it...
I haven't lost it yet (yeah, I realize it might come across as a bit weird that I'm reading this thread) but I would never tell my parents, even if they asked (I'd just consistently say no). I'd let them assume.

I think they respect my privacy enough not to ask and seeing as we've never talked about anything like that so far, it would be unusual/weird if they did. My mum would probably try and be subtle and say something vague such as "be careful" if I said I was either going on a night out or going around to the GF's house one evening.
I didn't told my mom or dad but I'm pretty sure they know about it when they found out I'm seeing somebody. My dad found out about it first because my dad looked through my phone (yes, he's nosy) so he figured it first.

I think things like this are personal and should not be kept to yourself unless you wish to tell someone.

no, not at all. she didn't ask in a rude way.. just in a 'be safe' way. nothing wrong with that. i think it's good i have a close enough relationship with my mum that she could ask me something like that.

it's called good parenting not 'being creepy'.
Reply 89

It totally depends on the relationship with your parents. If they share stuff anyway, then it might not seem so odd.
Reply 90
Original post by ily_em
It totally depends on the relationship with your parents. If they share stuff anyway, then it might not seem so odd.

the day after I lost my virginity my mother came up to me and asked me if I was 'a woman' now. I nodded, so she hugged me and cried out: 'I'm so happy for you.'

:dong:
Reply 91
I got angry and yelled it across the house during an argument.

Thankfully, I'm quite open with my father [whom I live with] so it wasn't that big a deal.

As for my Mother, who is again an incredibly liberal sort, she thought I was having sex long before I was and when I finally got a 'proper' boyfriend she was like 'You must be having sex now!' so I said yes. You cannot even comprehend the volume of weirdness concerning my mother and sex. She once walked in to the bathroom whilst I was in the bath, sat down on the toilet [the lid was down] and said 'So, I need to talk to you about masturbation.' I was like 'Erm, Mum, naked, in the bath.'
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 92
Well they haven't yet because I'm a virgin :mmm:

But when I do, I will just blurt it out to my mum. I tell her everything and she's of the liberal sort, so I haven't really considered hiding it.

As for mildly humorous anecdotes: My half-sisters' mum found out when they had boyfriends stay over/moved in with said bfs etc... or possibly when she had to take my older sister to an STI clinic... I think our Dad (who none of us live with, but all go to visit together) probably found out when my the younger one of them asked him if her & her bf could borrow a condom, cos she'd seen he had a packet :colondollar: And if he didn't know about my older sister even after all that he probably found out when she said to him: "it's okay Dad, you don't have to worry about always having the first bath this trip, my periods have stopped because... I'm pregnant". Which is a fairly unconventional way to pass on the news, I must say! True story, I was there and sufficiently embarrassed. Suffice to say when she had the baby dad tried to have the whole "sex talk" with me and was like.. have you done it? And I was like, Christ Dad, I've only just turned 13, what do you THINK? It's getting harder to convince them, when I told my oldest sister I hadn't had sex yet she looked at my (rainbow coloured) earrings and asked me if I was a lesbian...

EDIT: Oh yeah, on a vaguely related note. My mum/dad/half-sister's mum/half-sisters also decided to throw me a party to celebrate me getting my period with presents and stuff...
sometimes liberal parents can take it just that little bit too far :ninja:
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by The Velveteen Rabbit
I downloaded a different internet browser to see if your sig actually knew everything, and it does...scary!

So are those sites you were on last night...
Reply 94
Original post by BookWormShanti
Oh yeah, on a vaguely related note. My mum/dad/half-sister's mum/half-sisters also decided to throw me a party to celebrate me getting my period with presents and stuff...
sometimes liberal parents can take it just that little bit too far :ninja:

My Dad took me for a meal- only because he'd been listening to Radio 4 and they had an article about this African tribe who throw parties when girls get their period and he thought it was a nice idea. I do not understand his logic.
I have no idea if mine know, i mean they MUST assume since i've have a boyfriend for 3 years. But no-one has ever said anything about it....we don't talk about that kinda stuff in my house :/

My boyfriends parents on the otherhand, ever since we were mates hanging out his mum would make sexual innuendos like "Hey mum, just going to Abbey's to do some revision" "What? Biology revision...of the reproductive system" "NO MUM!" She's always been cool with us sleeping in the same bed and stuff.

When we stay at his dad's house he puts us in different rooms though so i don't know what he must think :s-smilie:
My sister found condoms under my bed and told my mum. She went absolutely crazy, although to be fair I was only 15. She wouldn't let my boyfriends stay over in my bed until I was 18 - they could sleep on the sofa but not in my bed. When my boyfriend from uni came to visit me at home, I asked my mum if he could sleep in my bed or if he should stay on the sofa, she was like "he can stay in your bed, but don't make too much noise!" - cringe.
Reply 97
I'm of the no-sex-before-marriage brigade, so when I do end up getting married, I know it's going to be slightly awkward the day after the wedding...very much a "No need to ask what you were up to last night!" kind of thing... :s

I'm probably going to end up discussing it with my mum though anyway! We share literally everything, and I always thought I would keep that kind of thing secret, but literally, I can never keep anything from my mum!
Original post by such_a_lady
Oh my gosh! What happened?!

Haha. Basically we were having sex, and my mum walked into the room... She left pretty quickly, but clearly she saw.
I later got a comment of "so I guess you're not a virgin anymore?"
lol

She should have knocked, to be fair.
I asked mum if I could go on the pill. She got the hint.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending