The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mother_eve3088
Surely all you would have to do to get an answer to this question is look at the sex symbol to the right of OP's usename...

OP didn't have the symbol when he/she started the thread besides ca you really tell whats a boy or a girl. Really:erm:
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by ilovecookies
Oh okay! There is a few hot girls :P and hardly a gay scene or just the ugly girls who could never get a boyfriend so now they are lesbian instead! haha I live in london, where do you go out

Girl, there are plenty of femme girls out there. I'm femme bisexual and I met my femme ex girlfriend at 'other peoples property' which is the BEST fab gay girls night last year. I might be going to the next one which I think is next month but I'll check, Full of young hot girlies. A mixture of them too.

Also check **** boutique - a bar that happens every month or every two weeks on a thursday evenings. Thats in Dalston superstore if you can get there ok. Me and my girlfriends go there every so often.

Wonderful lesbian cafe/bar called 'First Out' at Tottenham Court Road. Had my first date with my most recent ex girlfriend there. They have a more going outty night every friday night I used to go there. Also do wicked cakes and food :smile:

G spot is a good lesbian club night. Quite a good range of people there as well although it happens on a week night. That's in Soho.

Girl there are plenty of places. If you want a helping hand or wingman action I dont mind going with you once or twice so you can get a feel for the places if you need
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 102
Eww lesbians :coma: EWWW, SERIOUSLY FILTHY!!!

P.S. can you guys please neg rep me? please phuckers
(edited 13 years ago)
Oh okay! There is a few hot girls :P and hardly a gay scene or just the ugly girls who could never get a boyfriend so now they are lesbian instead! haha I live in london, where do you go out

I confess I haven't actually been out, if you mean in the sense of going out on the gay scene. Otherwise my friends and I have hit Aura, Boujis, Alto, Supperclub and places like that. Tbh I tend to feel a bit uncomfortable with all the straightness and don't really enjoy it, even if I am bisexual :s-smilie:
Original post by chloemo14
Would you expanding a bit more on the Bristol gay scene? I've been really looking forward to uni from a lesbian persepctive, and whilst i know it's not going to be some kind of gay haven, this comment has worried me :s-smilie::tongue:

I'm sure it'll be fine for you, the whole university gay scene is apparently really good as I've heard from a gay guy applying that they're big on gay rights and organising socials :smile: I have a very different opinion on it coming from someone who is only half-out at sixth form...

But not gonna lie, we don't have the most glamorous gay scene in town. Old Market is our gay district and all of the clubs are next to massage parlours and other questionable institutions- it's hardly Brighton where you can find some really stylish clubs and bars. That aside you can have a good night in, Flamingos (they have foam parties!)- and there a few nice pubs and bars scattered around. I've been a little pessimistic really and worried you!

See I'm a Panache and Oceana (you'll understand that when you come here, they're like big Rn'B clubs that you get dressed up for) and I find that our gay scene is pretty casual, which isn't really my cup of tea. It probably doesn't help that I don't have many gay friends to go with regularly, maybe if I did experience it more I would like it? :smile:

I'm positive you will be fine and have a good time here, there is definitely not a lack of a scene. x
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Casshern1456
OP didn't have the symbol when he/she started the thread besides ca you really tell whats a boy or a girl. Really:erm:

In that case, i retract my statement :smile:

And this is true... Although on TSR i can't imagine people would lie about it. At least i really hope not, i don't want to think of it as being a grooming forum! :s-smilie:
Original post by mother_eve3088
In that case, i retract my statement :smile:

And this is true... Although on TSR i can't imagine people would lie about it. At least i really hope not, i don't want to think of it as being a grooming forum! :s-smilie:

Lol you have absolutely no idea how much trouble a guy would go through just to make people believe he is actually a girl:eek::s-smilie:

not that i know anything about grooming:ninja:
I have the same question. My best friend is bi and she's up for going to gay clubs and stuff but she lives in Dublin 5 days of the week so going to a club with her isn't really doable. I really don't know any other bi's or lesbians and I wouldn't go by myself :frown:
Reply 108
OP I am in the exact same situation!!

I can never meet any girls that aren't either the typical butch/emo lesbian or any other lesbian that isn't dressed in a checked shirt or some form of superdry!! It is beyond frustrating!! Neither do I have any friends who will go to gaybars or anything etc :frown:

I guess the search continues though!
Original post by Casshern1456
Lol you have absolutely no idea how much trouble a guy would go through just to make people believe he is actually a girl:eek::s-smilie:

not that i know anything about grooming:ninja:

Haha that was a little creepy...

But it still made me chuckle :tongue:
Reply 110
All the bi/lesbian girls I seem to meet are butch and quite frankly really ugly and/or fat.

Where can I meet some decent looking ones? :confused:

Hai :smile:! :tongue:

xo
Reply 111
No one ever believes i'm gay even when i'm in a gay club they think i'm straight. So annoying!
and why are lesbians so short? I'd love to meet a girl my height or taller.

Oh and London is always good for meeting girls, they're a bit cliquey at first but there are also some really friendly girls!
Reply 112
Original post by Serenb
No one ever believes i'm gay even when i'm in a gay club they think i'm straight. So annoying!
and why are lesbians so short? I'd love to meet a girl my height or taller.

Oh and London is always good for meeting girls, they're a bit cliquey at first but there are also some really friendly girls!

I would love to meet a girl my height! (Although, any height would be okay at the moment!) XD
Reply 113
Original post by AAXXX
OP I am in the exact same situation!!

I can never meet any girls that aren't either the typical butch/emo lesbian or any other lesbian that isn't dressed in a checked shirt or some form of superdry!! It is beyond frustrating!! Neither do I have any friends who will go to gaybars or anything etc :frown:

I guess the search continues though!

Snap!
Reply 114
Original post by alexishawks1990
Hahaha I cannot put into words how much I totally get how you feel. I keep putting off going out and 'doing the gay thing' in case I make a prat of myself :s-smilie: Guess you won't know until you try, and at some point I WILL pluck up the courage to actually try and meet someone!!

i totally know what you mean, i'm too scared to go near anyone! i think it's partially down to inexperience, i don't know what to expect when i get into bed with a girl (finally). have you had any experience? i don't know if it's just me being strange but only having ever kissed a girl i feel worried about the whole thing and that's what's holding me back from going out more than anything :frown:
Reply 115
Original post by manners20
i totally know what you mean, i'm too scared to go near anyone! i think it's partially down to inexperience, i don't know what to expect when i get into bed with a girl (finally). have you had any experience? i don't know if it's just me being strange but only having ever kissed a girl i feel worried about the whole thing and that's what's holding me back from going out more than anything :frown:

Oh I completely know what you mean and feel the same! I'm not the most experienced either, and a lot of the time people expect me to make the first move as well! :/ If that's the main thing holding you back from going out, can't you just have a drink or two to give you confidence?
Reply 116
Original post by AAXXX
Oh I completely know what you mean and feel the same! I'm not the most experienced either, and a lot of the time people expect me to make the first move as well! :/ If that's the main thing holding you back from going out, can't you just have a drink or two to give you confidence?

i do try but i tend to stay mentally aware when i'm drunk, insecurities intact.. i'm just going to make the leap of faith and do it i think. i just wish i knew one other person who's bi/lesbian to go to these things with. i'm too scared to go on my own!

does anyone know anywhere good in london to meet other b/l people?
Reply 117
i do try but i tend to stay mentally aware when i'm drunk, insecurities intact.. i'm just going to make the leap of faith and do it i think. i just wish i knew one other person who's bi/lesbian to go to these things with. i'm too scared to go on my own!

does anyone know anywhere good in london to meet other b/l people?

I think its easier to meet someone online first and then go out. I have been out on my own before but its pretty scary!
Otherwise try Qu bar( I think they still do Ruby Tuesdays which is a girls night), Candy bar, or downstairs at G.A.Y.
There are probably other places but those are the main ones.
Reply 118
Original post by Serenb

Samee! It's so annoying!

Nope, no experience, other than kissing. So yeah, I'd say my fears were partially down to inexperience too. I'm terrified that once I get in the situation of being in bed, I'll be so freaked out by not knowing what to do, or being terrified of doing something wrong, that I'll freeze up :s-smilie:

God I hate feeling so insecure. It's only reassuring that others seem to feel the same way!

Latest

Trending

Trending