The Student Room Group

...What would you do if I did this to you?

Anon for, hopefully, obvious reasons...

So, let's say you gave me a birthday present.
I'm completely suprised that I got one- since I've never gotten one before. yes, I did just mention that.

2 months later, I feel that I dont.... deserve any kinds of gifts.

One day, I purchase a gift wrap. I... send the same gift back with a letter.
The letter would probably be considered 'pathetic' as the norm would say. It's like
''I dont deserve any gifts from anyone, nor do I deserve any friends- forget about me''

What would you do?

I'm just.... curious I guess.

Scroll to see replies

I'd think you were very weird tbh.
Reply 2
I'd ask if there are any other gifts you've recieved from people I can have. Preferably in the form of pure capital.
think that you are being ungrateful and that your only goal is to receive more attention from me.
Reply 4
I'd try to persuade you that this isn't true (unless of course you're a mass murderer/rapist/wife beater/etc..)

It's a bit drastic to send it back 2 months later..
(edited 13 years ago)
i wouldn't think you were weird, as long as I knew that you hadn't recieved any gifts before.
as long as i knew that I would feel sympathy towards you because nobody, doesnt matter if you're weird, deserves to not think they are worthy of a gift, or of any friends.
do you get me?
Original post by Anonymous

I'm completely suprised that I got one- since I've never gotten one before. yes, I did just mention that.

The letter would probably be considered 'pathetic' as the norm would say. It's like
''I dont deserve any gifts from anyone, nor do I deserve any friends- forget about me''

What would you do?

I would refuse to take it back as everyone deserves a little love and friendship in thier lives :heart:
xx
Reply 7
It would be pretty weird and I would send it right back.
I would think you are the most pretentious prick I had ever met in my entire life ever
Reply 9
think your weird, and ungrateful
decide i didnt want to wast time with people like you and probably not talk to you again
I'd use the gift myself and forget about you completely, just like you asked me to do. Ungrateful little smurf.
I would think you were a freak and stop talking to you.
Reply 12
I'd think you were a bit weird and attention seeking.
Reply 13
I'd be confused, annoyed, perhaps slightly worried, and think you were seeking attention.
Reply 14
Original post by Anonymous

What would you do?

Is this something you would actually do/actually feel?
Reply 15
(a) I'd be reluctant to believe you. There are very few people (in the UK at least) who have never received a present.

(b) why give it back anyway? Who does this help? If you don't want it, it would cause less offense if you quietly gave it to charity.

(c) you clearly have very serious issues with self-esteem, and with relationships as well. Declarations that you don't deserve friends are highly likely to become self-fulfilling. Is that what you really want? Deliberately driving friends away is ridiculously masochistic. Are you looking for more reasons to pity yourself? Do you fear losing some part of your identity if you admit to being even a tiny bit happy? Do you think there are other people who are too contemptible to deserve friends? So why do you belong in this special category?
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 16
I would send the gift back to you.
Then you would send it back to me.
This will continue for a number of years.
Reply 17
I'd probably get annoyed at you moping around and being all emo and ungrateful for returning the gift.
Original post by Tashdokerty
i wouldn't think you were weird, as long as I knew that you hadn't recieved any gifts before.
as long as i knew that I would feel sympathy towards you because nobody, doesnt matter if you're weird, deserves to not think they are worthy of a gift, or of any friends.
do you get me?

reminds me of :

Spoiler

:lol:

OP: After a few months? that's kinda weird, although depending how close we were, i'd feel sorry for you, and try and persuade you otherwise
(edited 13 years ago)
I'd send it back.
Why?
I wanna play pass the parcel.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending