The Student Room Group

Why has Facebook become...

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Lol glad im not the only one who feels this way
This has given me an idea for a thread actually..
Reply 42
what annoys me is the people who update their status every hour! argh
Next they will put 'i'm just on the toilet...'
It's just getting silly.
Reply 43
My biggest hate is the whole: 'oh my gf is the best person in the world'

'oh I love you lots and lots'

'oh we are perfect' etc.

Guess what happens one week later?
Yeah, its really annoying when people try to portray a certain image, kinda like those camera shots in the mirror to catch their best side for a forum.

Nice av OP
Untitled.png

Things that annoy me in the above photo.

1. The amount of statuses given the time period
2. How pointless the statuses are
3.The amount of likes she gets considering how pointless the statuses are
4. The amount about love considering she's 14
5. The wall posts with numbers - theyre those stupid 'like and I'll rate you' statuses
6. The fact that she spells her name 'Aimee' when it's actually 'Amy'

Thats just a section of her wall, and not including statuses she posted then deleted because no one liked them.

Also I have a guy that constantly posts how much he hates Cheryl Cole and spends his life (literally) posting on an 'I hate Cheryl Cole' page. He's obsessed.

Then theres the girl that posted 14 statuses (honestly) on friday night about being drunk, needing a taxi, throwing up and how great the night was (debatable seeing as she spend it on Facebook)!

anyway, rant over.
Original post by JK471993

'oh we are perfect' etc.

Another thing, when they declare their love on each others walls 24/7 and it clogs your news feed :angry:
(edited 13 years ago)
Deactivate it like I've done. :nothing:
Original post by Holamigo
what annoys me is the people who update their status every hour! argh
Next they will put 'i'm just on the toilet...'
It's just getting silly.

3.png
Original post by Astra_K
Just a place to reassure everyone that you have a life.
I mean, people are now taking digital cameras clubbing or doing anything like going shopping, then uploading them to facebook and publishing them. It just seems like they do it to force their day upon everyone to make sure everyone can see that they are doing something.
I just read this status and it made me lol:

'Mmmmm...Roast Chicken! Photos to follow'

Can't wait to see the roast chicken someone else has had for lunch :rolleyes:

I only use FB as a means of communication with friends/gf, and i upload photos but most the time dont even publish them. Anyone else find it irritating? Especially the photo whores who make an album for every month of the year with about 100 photos of themselves doing various poses, but 99% of which are just the duck pout to make their cheeks look thinner...

Negged you by mistake , My computer moved when I clicked . I meant to give positive rep because you hit the nail on the head with that statement
Reply 50
Original post by MissLightyear
3.png

is that actually real?!
Original post by JK471993

'oh we are perfect' etc.

They get married :rolleyes:
Reply 52
Original post by Ferrero Rocher
Deactivate it like I've done. :nothing:

This. :tongue:

Facebook is simply annoying and pointless. It winds me up.
I can't wait for the day that site closes, or at least crashes for a day or something. It will be fun to see what people would do then.
Original post by Holamigo
is that actually real?!

Genuinely, yes. I'm pretty sure its not a joke either, he's like that.
Reply 55
God, I hate Facebook. If my friends had lives outside of it and other means of communication, I'd deactivate it. I agree with pretty much every post in the thread, it's so irritating.

Other pet peeves include "LOOK I'M TYPING A STATUS DRUNK AFTER A NIGHT OUT I'M WASTED LOL HOW MUCH FUN AM I oh god I'm insecure" and "I'M DEACTIVATING FOREVER I HATE EVERYONE" 2 hours later "HEY GUYS I'M BACK ILU X"

And the groups. I swear to God I saw one with around 40k likes that went:
a gurl neds an ovary transplant or she wil die. sum1 offers her the ovaries. b4 she went in, her bf sed "gdbye i luv u" with a tear slidin down his cheek, bt she dint no y. wen she came out, she was happy the opration went wel bt her mum was kryin. she sed "mum where's my bf" and her mum kried "hu do u think gave u the ovaries?"
:lolwut:
Reply 56
Original post by Astra_K
Just a place to reassure everyone that you have a life.
I mean, people are now taking digital cameras clubbing or doing anything like going shopping, then uploading them to facebook and publishing them. It just seems like they do it to force their day upon everyone to make sure everyone can see that they are doing something.
I just read this status and it made me lol:

'Mmmmm...Roast Chicken! Photos to follow'

Can't wait to see the roast chicken someone else has had for lunch :rolleyes:

I only use FB as a means of communication with friends/gf, and i upload photos but most the time dont even publish them. Anyone else find it irritating? Especially the photo whores who make an album for every month of the year with about 100 photos of themselves doing various poses, but 99% of which are just the duck pout to make their cheeks look thinner...

You're from Leicester too!? Small world!

On the topic of Facebook, I love when you click through people's fb profiles and they've repeatedly uploaded the same picture with different edits and crops - your face isn't going to change drastically

Oh and another thing: I hate when facebook suggests people to add. I look at all of them and think, "none of you would add me back" - anyone else? no? okay then..
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 57
Loving all the input on this......all my gripes aired by every one else thanks guys. Oh and this one - the annoying use of the expression 'nom nom nom' which goes with the roast chicken dinner photo... Arrrrgh!
Yeah I should delete my account, but being a 'poor student' it's the only (free) way I can keep in touch with friends and family.....even the annoying ones! Ah well!
Reply 58
Lol I know, someone recently posted a picture of her gardening. Lovely.
Reply 59
I entirely agree with you, OP. It's really irritating when people use Facebook as some form of vanity tool, trying to show people that they have a life.

Though, what really, really irritates me, is that everyone thinks they're some kind of professional photographer.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending