The Student Room Group

slightly freaked out by facebook stalking

So a while ago, I met this guy at university but on a different course. We were seeing eachother for about a week, but it didn't work out and we ended up in the awkward situation that his ex girlfriend walked in on us in bed together (long story as to how this actually happened).

Anyway, there were jokes about it for a while and I was told by him and a couple of people that she was a bit crazy but never told why.

This came up in discussion earlier in a with conversation of my friends who knows her. I asked why she was so crazy, and he told me to look her up on facebook and see if I could see her wall (I have no idea why I was told to do this). I don't generally use facebook very often and I don't like the idea of facebook stalking (hence this thread), but I obliged.

Anyway to cut a long story short, it turned out I couldn't find her profile because she'd blocked me on facebook. I have never spoken to this girl and only seen her when I was in bed with her ex, and obviously, I never have interacted with her on facebook at all. The mutual friend (who clearly has no respect for boundaries, I might add) asked me if she'd blocked me, she said yes, didn't explain why, and told him she did it "a couple of days ago". The incident where she walked in on us happened a good few weeks ago, maybe about a month, and the guy and I stopped seeing eachother about 2 days after that.

I'm just kind of confused. I mean I know it's only facebook, but I don't know why she'd be looking me up. I know it sounds like a case of the pot calling the kettle black considering I was going to facebook stalk her, but this was just because I was really curious as to why I was being told to look her up. It also sounds kind of juvenile but I just don't like the idea of this :s-smilie:

Scroll to see replies

Ok, this sort of thing happens. What do you want us to do?
Reply 2
She's jealous you're with her ex. Simple.
Thats facebook for you, if you don't like the thought of this then change your privacy settings or get rid of it, because this will happen all the time
Wow, she deleted you on facebook, better call SWAT in!
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by sil3nt_cha0s
Ok, this sort of thing happens. What do you want us to do?

Fair point. I have no idea. I just got confused and decided to post a thread. No real reason why!
Original post by .X.alysha.X.
Thats facebook for you, if you don't like the thought of this then change your privacy settings or get rid of it, because this will happen all the time

Pointless and unnecessary. Beefed up privacy on your account is all you need.
Reply 7
She's bitter and jealous about your new relationship. It's a silly thing for her to do, yes, but she's not someone you speak to so it doesn't matter. She'll get over it.

EDIT: I wouldn't get too freaked out by her searching you, she probably only did it so she could block you and make sure you couldn't add her or something.
(edited 13 years ago)
You don't know her therefore why should you care.
Control your hate trick
Nothing good to say don’t say ****!
keep walkin’, quit talkin’, keep it movin’ :biggrin:
Reply 10
Original post by .X.alysha.X.

They're already pretty high, you can't actually see any of my profile, you can only search for me (I kind of have to have this enabled for one of the charity projects I help run).
Reply 11
Original post by GBateman
She's jealous you're with her ex. Simple.

I'm no longer even with her ex!
Looking someone up on facebook isn't stalking them. If you're a fairly active user, you'll probably look at people's profiles all the time, it's not stalking. I don't know why she blocked you, but I wouldn't worry about it, there will be people in life who don't like you, and you'll just have to live with it. It's a two way thing anyway, if she blocked you she can't see your wall, so you don't have to worry about her properly stalking you (ie. visiting your profile all the time).
Reply 13
Original post by Anonymous
I'm no longer even with her ex!

Allow me to rephrase;

She's jealous you were with her ex. Simple.
Reply 14
Original post by Stray_talk
You don't know her therefore why should you care.

I will see her around, I have done before it's just I didn't know her/who she was at the time. I'm kind of scared she's going to find me and come into my room at night or something. I just wish someone would explain why she's so crazy, there's crazy, then there's crazy psycho...
Reply 15
Yea she is definitely jealous, so I think its normal that she is doing that.

I will see her around, I have done before it's just I didn't know her/who she was at the time. I'm kind of scared she's going to find me and come into my room at night or something. I just wish someone would explain why she's so crazy, there's crazy, then there's crazy psycho...

Because she happened to block you on facebook. :rolleyes:
It's hardly being 'crazy'.
Reply 17
Original post by lukas1051
Looking someone up on facebook isn't stalking them. If you're a fairly active user, you'll probably look at people's profiles all the time, it's not stalking. I don't know why she blocked you, but I wouldn't worry about it, there will be people in life who don't like you, and you'll just have to live with it. It's a two way thing anyway, if she blocked you she can't see your wall, so you don't have to worry about her properly stalking you (ie. visiting your profile all the time).

I'm fine with people not liking me, but I'm just at a loss as to why she was still trying to look me up on facebook a few weeks after I stopped even seeing her ex.

Maybe I'm weird, I don't like the idea of it though.
Meanwhile the boyfriend is thinking

Man I feel like money (man I feel like money)
They’re attracted to me
They come around like honey (they come around like honey)
Cuz I’m fly like a bee
Man I got ‘em all buzzin’ buzzin’ buzzin’ buzzin’
Like da-da-da-da-da-da-da
Man I got the world buzzin’ buzzin’ buzzin’ buzzin’
Like da-da-da-da-da-da-da

:cool:
Reply 19
Original post by Stray_talk
Because she happened to block you on facebook. :rolleyes:
It's hardly being 'crazy'.

It's a bit weird to be looking someone who dated your ex up on facebook weeks after it happens. It's possible she was told to, just as I was told to, yes, but I don't know who'd tell her to because apparently this friend didn't know the full story until I told him.

Anyway, I was saying she was crazy because people have been saying she was crazy. I thought that was quite obvious from my post. Clearly not.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending