The Student Room Group

Friend is deserting me

Since one of my best friend got a NEW bf she gradually stopped talking to me and other friends, me and other friends have confronted her about it but she still hasn't made an effort.
We use to talk everyday and now we can go days or weeks without even talking. When i first started realising, I stopped talking to her to see how long she would go until she speaks to me and we went two weeks without talking and when she did speak to me it was about something stupid. She has unlimited calls .. Calling just to say hello isnt hard right ?
Now its coming to the point where I'm thinking of just stopping talking to her. I dnt want to be a begfriend.
This has been happening since december and im tired of being the one to reach to her.
Would stopping talking to her be alright?

When she gets dumped she'll have no one.
Reply 1
How rich is her boyfriend?
Leave her. You don't need the extra hassle of having to chase after her, and then feeling annoyed cos you had to.
Hopefully sometime she'll realise and appologise and make a bigger effort, but don't waste your time being the only one in the friendship trying.
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
Since one of my best friend got a NEW bf she gradually stopped talking to me and other friends, me and other friends have confronted her about it but she still hasn't made an effort.
We use to talk everyday and now we can go days or weeks without even talking. When i first started realising, I stopped talking to her to see how long she would go until she speaks to me and we went two weeks without talking and when she did speak to me it was about something stupid. She has unlimited calls .. Calling just to say hello isnt hard right ?
Now its coming to the point where I'm thinking of just stopping talking to her. I dnt want to be a begfriend.
This has been happening since december and im tired of being the one to reach to her.

This happened a lot with my female friends when we were younger. A few of them used to get so infatuated with their bfs that they forget about everything else. Obviously you can try and talk to her and tell her how you feel but that won't stop her from being infatuated. In fact she may even get annoyed and suggest that you, for some reason, don't like her partner.

The best thing to do is probably to leave her to it but still be there for her as a friend incase they don't work out. x
Original post by Anonymous

Friends grow apart, sounds like what's happening here.

Let her go. She is not a real friend. One day she'll realise how immature she is being - till then, it's not your fault or problem. You tried your best, she didn't want to know. Let her stew in her own juice now, you have better friends.
Reply 5
I have a friends like this.
She moved house and couldn't be bothered to keep in touch. This really annoyed me because she moved from the same road as me to somewhere else in the same town, so it's not even as though she's that far away, it's like a 10/15 minute walk between our houses.

I'm in the same position as you - I'm always the one making the effort to get in contact with her and to arrange things and if I don't, we just don't talk because she won't do anything about it. We used to see each other at least once a week and I miss this. I don't even have the comfort of knowing she'll get back in contact when the relationship ends because there is no relationship, she's just moved house!
I would just stop talking to her, but we've been friends for 10 years and I don't want to just leave it like that.
Reply 6
Yeah it's a horrible position to be in.
I imagine when he cheats on her or something she'll be right back into your arms.
Until then just wait it out I guess? Oh and tell her how selfish and immature she is being.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending