The Student Room Group

Middlesex for Illustration?

Okay I have an unconditional offer from Middlesex for Illustration and I'm still trying to decide whether to accept it... I've heard mixed things about Middlesex so far but I do like the look of the course and the tutors seem pretty good.

So does anyone want to share any opinions? It'd be really great to hear about first hand experiences, too.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Also is there anyone else who applied for any art courses at Middlesex this year? Can't seem to find anyone who's planning to go haha
Reply 2
What other offers do you have? I would wait to hear from all universities before. I'm also applying for Illustration :smile:
Reply 3
To be honest I ended up changing my mind about three of my choices, so now it's between Middlesex and Lincoln (unconditional offers from both).

Where did you apply? :smile:
I've applied to Middlesex, not for Illustration though, for Photography. Had my interview on Tuesday so just waiting to hear back from them :s-smilie:
Reply 5
Well good luck I hope you hear from them soon :smile:
Reply 6
Hm,,How could you get an offer if application deadline is on 24 of March????:s-smilie:
Hey, I applied for Graphic Design at Middlesex because apparently its got a good rep in industry atm, the course covered a lot and the new campus looks awesome =) However, the tutors put me off a bit and they gave me an offer at the interview so I was a bit put off because maybe theyre just trying to fill places =s
My friend got an offer at Middlesex for photography though and its one of his top choices =)
Reply 8
Actually lmao when I got my offer from Middlesex I did question whether they were just filling up spaces because I didn't think I did so well in my interview. But then a friend of mine was rejected, and someone who was interviewed just before me came out and said they'd told her no straight away hmm...
Reply 9
Original post by ablabla11
Hm,,How could you get an offer if application deadline is on 24 of March????:s-smilie:

I'm not sure, I guess they must have made a decision straight away or something? I just assumed that most universities do that?
Original post by anew
Actually lmao when I got my offer from Middlesex I did question whether they were just filling up spaces because I didn't think I did so well in my interview. But then a friend of mine was rejected, and someone who was interviewed just before me came out and said they'd told her no straight away hmm...

Lol oh! Hmm not sure then =s still won't be accepting their offer though xD I guess for you, you just need to think about which course would suit you more, what you think about the campus and the atmosphere and maybe employment levels? =)
Original post by Kai Hiwatari
Hey, I applied for Graphic Design at Middlesex because apparently its got a good rep in industry atm, the course covered a lot and the new campus looks awesome =) However, the tutors put me off a bit and they gave me an offer at the interview so I was a bit put off because maybe theyre just trying to fill places =s
My friend got an offer at Middlesex for photography though and its one of his top choices =)

How was your interview? How long did it last?

Got mine tomorrow :s-smilie:
Original post by jellyman330
How was your interview? How long did it last?

Got mine tomorrow :s-smilie:

My interview went quite well =) I was so nervous cuz it was my first one but the interview literally went really fast. I was only in the room for about 7/10 minutes! Bit scary at first cuz she just started firing questions at me xD but she asked me to talk her through my portfolio as she looked at each piece and then asked questions like what area would I like to work in after uni, whats my favourite ad campaign and why, why did I choose Middlesex...

Hope this helps =) good luck!
Reply 13
Lol oh! Hmm not sure then =s still won't be accepting their offer though xD I guess for you, you just need to think about which course would suit you more, what you think about the campus and the atmosphere and maybe employment levels? =)

Yeah you're right :smile: I think I'm going to end up not picking Middlesex after all, it just doesn't feel right for me now to be honest haha;;
I applied for Fine Art at Middlesex but withdrew my choice! They seemed a little bit unorganised and living in London was not ideal for me! I went for NUCA :smile:
Original post by anew
Yeah you're right :smile: I think I'm going to end up not picking Middlesex after all, it just doesn't feel right for me now to be honest haha;;

Lol ok xD sorry if I put you off! Lincoln does look like a good uni though =)
Reply 16
Lol ok xD sorry if I put you off! Lincoln does look like a good uni though =)

Lol oh no not at all! I really liked Lincoln and it just feels more right for me I guess, I was just worried because as far as I know it isn't really well known for it's art courses :smile:
Original post by anew
Lol oh no not at all! I really liked Lincoln and it just feels more right for me I guess, I was just worried because as far as I know it isn't really well known for it's art courses :smile:

Lol thats good! xD
Yeah I get what you mean =) I was going to choose Lincoln for graphic design but it was a bit too far away for me xD
Reply 18
hey, i know this threads a year old however thought it might be a useful bit of information for anyone applying this year!
started at middleseex doing ba illustration this year and can say it is the best choice i have ever made. currently ranked 2nd for illustration behind norwich but im sure that will change soon haha! middlesex has no house style also, so it is tailored towards all individuals very well.
the tutors are all very big in the industry and theyre work is a great inspiration, and they drag everybit of potential out of you. the course is very fun and we are constantly receiving guest lecturers and out about in london, whether it be viewing exhibitions or location based projects. new campus at hendon is such a good place to be. all the equipment and facilities are state of the art, and you do get the full 9grands worth! definitely worth considering. and definitely worth a look!
Reply 19
Original post by metson
hey, i know this threads a year old however thought it might be a useful bit of information for anyone applying this year!
started at middleseex doing ba illustration this year and can say it is the best choice i have ever made. currently ranked 2nd for illustration behind norwich but im sure that will change soon haha! middlesex has no house style also, so it is tailored towards all individuals very well.
the tutors are all very big in the industry and theyre work is a great inspiration, and they drag everybit of potential out of you. the course is very fun and we are constantly receiving guest lecturers and out about in london, whether it be viewing exhibitions or location based projects. new campus at hendon is such a good place to be. all the equipment and facilities are state of the art, and you do get the full 9grands worth! definitely worth considering. and definitely worth a look!

Wow thanks for this! How was the interview and is it hard to get in? Is the area nice? I'm quite interested in it

Quick Reply

Latest