The Student Room Group

How competitive are you? (medical applicants and students ONLY)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by SteveCrain

Original post by SteveCrain
I don't think anyone is truly interested in A-level chemistry

I, for one, love organic synthesis.
Reply 21
Yes but against myself, not so much against other people.

Unless I dislike them. I'm not the kind of person to argue back with someone or really stand up for myself if someone is being a little bitch towards me. I just walk away/avoid the situation. Then I internalise all my anger towards them and use it as motivation to nail them in the exams. :colone:
Reply 22
You have to learn to turn off your competitive streak sometimes - there will always be someone who can do it slightly better than you, you'll be that someone for plenty of other people too - keep your friends through medical school otherwise the whole thing will drive you crazy.
Reply 23
How competitive you are? What kind of phrasing is that, something Yoda would say.
Reasonably competitive am I.
Depends if the situation will get me laid...
Reply 25
Probably like an 8. It keeps me working hard :smile:

Edit: Just realised that this is in the medicine forum so I'll just leave...
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 26
What are you asking?

Am I determined?
Am I determined to get where I want to?
Am I determined to 'win'?
Am I determined to do what is necessary to 'win'?
Am I determined to do what is necessary, regardless, to 'win'?

I am determined to get to where I want to be, I am, however, not prepared to forget good practice in order to do it nor am I prepared to **** on colleagues to do so. So, no, I am not competitive.
Reply 27
Original post by Renal
What are you asking?

Am I determined?
Am I determined to get where I want to?
Am I determined to 'win'?
Am I determined to do what is necessary to 'win'?
Am I determined to do what is necessary, regardless, to 'win'?

I am determined to get to where I want to be, I am, however, not prepared to forget good practice in order to do it nor am I prepared to **** on colleagues to do so. So, no, I am not competitive.

Mate you're a junior doctor, I think it's time you left TSR.
Reply 28
Original post by shutter

The input of baby docs is invaluable in the majority of threads in this subforum. Bore on.
I consider myself very competitive in all aspects, which is not good sometimes.
Reply 30
Original post by shutter
If you think that I have nothing worthwhile to say and you think you could learn nothing from me, feel free to not ask me anything and ignore everything I say.
eightt : ) :s-smilie: ?!
Reply 32
Depends on who I am competing against, I am usually a 7
Felt like breaking the rules of the thread title.

Sorry.
Reply 34
When irt comes to medicine, 9. I couldn't work as hard otherwise.
Reply 35
Depends in what situation. Generally I'm not competitive, BUT, if I wanted to achieve something I will work hard. I will never hurt someone for being competitive though. That being said, I do get angry if I'm losing at trivial stuff such as games :tongue:
with me.....

it depends on the people around me.....

so essentially if they are competitive, I will be so....

if they aren't....I won't be...

but I'd say generally about a 6
With the amount of people that I apply each year for Med, through UCAS you have to be competitive to think that you may stand a chance.

Weaklings do not APPLY
Reply 38
Depends, I'm as competitive as hell when it comes to games :biggrin: In other things though I'm not really competitive, I just try my best and if I don't perform as well as others then fair enough.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 39
I'm less competitive than anyone here, I'll prove it to you in person if I have to.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending