The Student Room Group

Are there any real gentlemen out there?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
I want to find one of these gentlemen :o:

I was on the tube the other day and all these guys literally just pushed straight past me struggling up the stairs with my suitcase...I was like yeh great, thanks alot! :p:
Reply 61
Original post by blahhh
II was on the tube the other day and all these guys literally just pushed straight past me struggling up the stairs with my suitcase...I was like yeh great, thanks alot! :p:

That's the tube in central London down to the nub.

I was in London for several months last summer and I was slightly taken aback somewhat by the vision of men, who looked like they would otherwise be considered pillars of their communities, being so determined to get on a tube two seconds before their fellow commuter that they appeared ready and willing to trample over their dying grandmother to arrange this wish.

There must be something about the bowels of London that transforms otherwise reasonable men into braying yahoos who drink espresso like men dying of thirst and pause in their rampage down elevators only to swat tourists with their financial times.
Reply 62
Real gentlemen are attracted to real ladies..It's a mutual thing
>ignore decent guys
>admit to going out with "disrespectful prick"

BAWWW WHERE R TEH GENTLEMEN IN DA WURLDD

Original post by Vohamanah
=( Yeah there are decent men out there, trust me. I've lost faith in the male gender before but I assure you that while there may be some bad apples, there are many more lovely, decent guys who will treat you right.

>openly discusses anal sex online
>thinks her "faith" in the "decency" of "the male gender" has any valid ground

LMAOLOL

Original post by blahhh
I was on the tube the other day and all these guys literally just pushed straight past me struggling up the stairs with my suitcase...I was like yeh great, thanks alot! :p:

>be a woman
>apparently this makes you unable to carry things

BAWW WHERE R TEH GENTLEMEN 2 LIFT SUITCASES 4 ME

a lumberjack could do the same thing doll, doesn't make him a gent

come at me slags, i could do this in my sleep
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 64
Also, you may need to define 'real gentleman' better.. I assume you are only going for the extremely broad 'good manners and treatment of women' definition?
Reply 65
The real gentlemen are going out with real women. Sorry OP.
Reply 66
Original post by blahhh

Original post by blahhh
I want to find one of these gentlemen :o:

Yeah, the London tube really annoys me in this respect - it feels like it has an antisocial culture of its own. Whenever I see anyone struggling with a suitcase on the stairs (and I'm not in a rush) I offer to help, but they usually just smile and say they're okay :tongue:.
Original post by Pedrobear
>ignore decent guys
>admit to going out with "disrespectful prick"

BAWWW WHERE R TEH GENTLEMEN IN DA WURLDD

LMAOLOL

>be a woman

Lol this.
Reply 68
Your image of a perfect gentlemen is just that, an image .You got to go out to different types of places to meet different types of people. If i wanted a nice quiet bookish woman for a girlfriend i doubt il find her in the nightclub in town but theres a chance that i might find such a girl swatting away in the library or in waterstones.
Reply 69
Original post by Jake22
That's the tube in central London down to the nub.

I was in London for several months last summer and I was slightly taken aback somewhat by the vision of men, who looked like they would otherwise be considered pillars of their communities, being so determined to get on a tube two seconds before their fellow commuter that they appeared ready and willing to trample over their dying grandmother to arrange this wish.

There must be something about the bowels of London that transforms otherwise reasonable men into braying yahoos who drink espresso like men dying of thirst and pause in their rampage down elevators only to swat tourists with their financial times.

London people suck, no one talks to you and they wouldn't piss on you if you were on fire :rolleyes:

>be a woman

I couldn't give a crap if they carried it for me or not, I'm perfectly capable....but pushing past and not just waiting to let me get on with it just irritates me

Original post by SunderX
Yeah, the London tube really annoys me in this respect - it feels like it has an antisocial culture of its own. Whenever I see anyone struggling with a suitcase on the stairs (and I'm not in a rush) I offer to help, but they usually just smile and say they're okay :tongue:.

Yeh one of my mums friends had this, some guy offered to help her and she stupidly told him her laptop was inside...took her case to the top of the stairs then ran off with it! :p: (if it were me he soon would have regretted it once I beat the **** out of him! :biggrin:)

LMAOLOL

>Missed his time capsule back to the dark ages
>Has found solace in trolling TSR

LMAOLOL
Reply 71
:P
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 72
Original post by Wild_Precious_Life
That could be something to do with the fact that you live in Scarborough.

Hahah maybe, but in most cities women can be as bad as men.
Original post by Vohamanah
>Missed his time capsule back to the dark ages
>Has found solace in trolling TSR

LMAOLOL

>is literally butthurt

ROFLMAO
>is literally butthurt

ROFLMAO

>And loving it :wink:

ROFLCOPTER
Reply 75
Just like you would like the perfect gentlemen ,the perfect woman for me would not be very bright , have perfect rounded breasts , a fine arse , beautiful tanned legs, luscious lips , wouldnt fart , would cook and clean and give me blow jobs on tap. Now I know thats a fantasy , just as your ideas of a perfect gentleman is a fantasy .Its Mills and Boon crap . You just have to get out there and meet different sorts of people.
Reply 76
Original post by Anonymous
I have no faith in men. I have no faith in love anymore. Combination of my dad being a cheating, lying prick and my boyfriend being a verbally abusive, disrespectful prick. How do people go on to restore their faith in men/woman after a horrible experience? I feel like men are all cut from the same cloth even though in my heart I know this can't be true. I like to think there are some decent men out there, but I have no idea where they're hiding! :frown:

There are:

1. Pricks
2. Nice guys
3. Nice guys that have been treated like **** and end up becoming pricks or just stop caring

okay a broad summary but 2 really do exist.
Reply 77
Original post by chuck
Just like you would like the perfect gentlemen ,the perfect woman for me would not be very bright , have perfect rounded breasts , a fine arse , beautiful tanned legs, luscious lips , wouldnt fart , would cook and clean and give me blow jobs on tap. Now I know thats a fantasy , just as your ideas of a perfect gentleman is a fantasy .Its Mills and Boon crap . You just have to get out there and meet different sorts of people.

Each to their own! :rolleyes:
I'm not blaming you, but you sure you're not affected by what you want them to be, and trying to manipulate them? Are you sure you are not also gravitating to men like your father subconsciously?
Reply 79
you can't judge all men by a couple
so yes there are

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending