The Student Room Group

Why has Facebook become...

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
GUYS:
- Showing off laddish bullsh*t: throwing up in the street, sporting their new awesome wheels, generally ladding it up, you name it. Taking photos of themselves whilst they drive despite the danger it poses to other road users and pedestrians
- Taking pictures of themselves in clubs striking some powerful pose with their mouths wide open as if they were belowing out their lungs CUZ I AM SO MAD OMG THIS NIGHT OUT IS SO CRAZY MAN!
- Taking pictures of one guy in the centre of a giant group of girls CUZ I AM THE GR8EST STUD OF THIS AWESOME NIGHT OUT BRO.
- Quoting that f*cking godawful gap yah video. Yes girls do it but guys are way more guility. OMG CHUNDERED EVERYWAH. IM SO FUNNY XD

GIRLS:
- A million photos taken on the same night at the same club all in similar positions, with at least 99% of the photos containing pouting (even though it looks so ****ing stupid).
- Female groups going into horrible, dirty club toilets and feeling the need to take a hard drive's worth of photos of them posing in the mirror.
- They will bake a cake or something stupid, then feel the need to take another bazillion photos of it to show the eager world.
- Posting vague status updates that say something terrible has happened, and refusing to say what happened at all.
- Taking pictures of themselves in awkward positions designed to hide any imperfections of their bodies: heavily caked in make-up, showing mostly the face with a bit of the shoulders to hide the body (usually to mask obesity), with the contrast stupidly high in order to hide any blemishes on their already makeup-caked faces.

Yes, I hate Facebook. Yes, I'm mad. Rant over.
Reply 101
Original post by miss_p
I think we should all go and 'like' The Student Room :borat:

the irony (sorry detecting sarcasm is not one of my strong points)
This thread just sums up my facebook experience, I dont think i could delete though purely because I'd be completely out of the loop.

To contribute, more recent statuses ...

'hahahha. oh god. you make me cringe you horrible creature. get a bath.'

'In the bath chillin out, this is the life xxxxx' <-- this was followed by a picture of her and a mate in the bath ... :rolleyes:

'Like this and il inbox yeh!' :angry:

'There's usually a little truth behind "just kidding ",some knowledge behind "idk", an emotion behind "idc" & pain behind "its ok"' <--- 6 different friends have had this status over 8 hours
Facebook itself can be easily avoided, but in its own way it does intrude into real life...

I hate how people have to take pictures of EVERYTHING because they "have put it on Facebook"... there have even been times when people have said something funny and immediately somebody has said "OMG I have to post that on Facebook!" :lolwut:
No. No you don't. Why can't you just enjoy your life without thinking about how you're going to present it when you publish it to all the other morons you know? FFS. :facepalm:
Un-friend people who have nothing worth saying... It's not hard.
A little awkward when they re-add you a few months later though.
I'm more surprised that so many of you have such horrible friends.
Even worse..
Person X has just upload 149 pictures into her album xxx-MEEEE-xxx. Then preceeds to complain about her bad hair and how ugly she is and how she hates her appearance. Grrrrr yeah you obviously hate yourself tonnes. 149 TONNES!!!
When every status, no matter how irrelevant to the person, ends with 'I LOVE YOU <BF'SNAME> XXXXXXXXXX'

Had a girl from college who used to do this relentlessly - "on the bus to college, LU BEN XXXXXXXXXXXXX<3<3<3", "in the library doin me work lol LUV U BEN <3<3 XXXXX"

We don't give a ****.
Reply 108
What i hate is when attractive girls make their photos private! how am i supposed to fap to them!? i'm not adding complete randomers it defeats the purpose of a CFW (crafty facebook ****)
if there's something about my friends I legitimately hate it's probably the constant fraping. It was funny the first couple of times but now it's just retarded.
why are you all still friends with these people if they annoy you?
there is something called a HIDE button.
Says a lot about you with friends like that :smile:
Reply 112
Original post by tonberry
When every status, no matter how irrelevant to the person, ends with 'I LOVE YOU <BF'SNAME> XXXXXXXXXX'

Had a girl from college who used to do this relentlessly - "on the bus to college, LU BEN XXXXXXXXXXXXX<3<3<3", "in the library doin me work lol LUV U BEN <3<3 XXXXX"

We don't give a ****.

I believe people do this because showing they have a bf/gf gives them status (excuse the pun) in their group. It works to potentially make others in the group jealous (more common amongst girls) or so everyone knows they are in a relationship so when they break up everyone will know they are sexually experienced and thus have increased desirability.

It's just monkey troop psychology gone digital, i.g. gone mad.
Why are you all moaning?! It's fekkin' hillarious!
I have a girl on facebook who has an album named 'M33333 XXX' or something equally as funny and there are about 150 photos on it of her just sat infront of her webcam pouting. Oh, and on most of them she's pointed out all the bad points in the photo. I take a look every time I'm down; it makes me feel better about myself :tongue:
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Astra_K
Just a place to reassure everyone that you have a life.
I mean, people are now taking digital cameras clubbing or doing anything like going shopping, then uploading them to facebook and publishing them. It just seems like they do it to force their day upon everyone to make sure everyone can see that they are doing something.
I just read this status and it made me lol:

'Mmmmm...Roast Chicken! Photos to follow'

Can't wait to see the roast chicken someone else has had for lunch :rolleyes:

I only use FB as a means of communication with friends/gf, and i upload photos but most the time dont even publish them. Anyone else find it irritating? Especially the photo whores who make an album for every month of the year with about 100 photos of themselves doing various poses, but 99% of which are just the duck pout to make their cheeks look thinner...

Couldn't agree more. People are dumbasses.
Original post by ajp100688
Facebook went downhill the day all the plebs were allowed to join. When it was just university students it was so much better and intelligent.

Facebook went downhill the moment they started allowing students from crap unis in. It should have just been Ivy League and Oxbridge.
The people I have on Facebook are mainly people I knew in highschool, but there's only a handful I'll actually communicate with online. For some people I think Facebook has become err..how shall I say it...ermm much more vital to them than the average person but oh well! :smile:
I havn't read every post so far but why does everybody come across as so bitter on here? I mean yeah it can get a bit annoying but the things you don't like you can hide. Or simply delete the people who annoy you??? :/
Reply 118
I think FB has gone way beyond what it was created for.
the fact i upload photos onto facebook meant when i lost my laptop and hard drive i still had my photos... never again shall i say anything bad about it xD

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending