The Student Room Group

Are there any real gentlemen out there?

Scroll to see replies

Girls tend to ignore the gentlemen in favour of the ********s... you even said it yourself that your boyfriend was a prick, why did you go for him in the first place? Guys observe this and realise that if you are a gentleman then it severely reduces your chances in the dating pool, so become arrogant pricks around girls as that is obviously what they go for
Reply 81
Original post by Anonymous
I have no faith in men. I have no faith in love anymore. Combination of my dad being a cheating, lying prick and my boyfriend being a verbally abusive, disrespectful prick. How do people go on to restore their faith in men/woman after a horrible experience? I feel like men are all cut from the same cloth even though in my heart I know this can't be true. I like to think there are some decent men out there, but I have no idea where they're hiding! :frown:

They aren't hiding, you just aren't looking very well.
I'm sure you have male friends that are decent, nice guys, you just don't fancy them. That's fair enough but it doesn't mean that all men are jerks - women are cheating, lying, and abusive every bit as much as men are.

I am sorry that you don't have a good relationship with your Dad or your (ex?) boyfriend but there are about 3 billion men in the world and it just doesn't make sense to judge 3 billion people based on a sample of 2 individuals...
Reply 82
I have no faith in men. I have no faith in love anymore. Combination of my dad being a cheating, lying prick and my boyfriend being a verbally abusive, disrespectful prick. How do people go on to restore their faith in men/woman after a horrible experience? I feel like men are all cut from the same cloth even though in my heart I know this can't be true. I like to think there are some decent men out there, but I have no idea where they're hiding! :frown:

Try you're male 'friends'. (if you have any)
You're just attracted to jerks. Sucks to be you I guess.
Reply 84
Treating women properly and with respect does not make a guy a gentleman.. It is just that the guys who don't treat women properly are nobs!
Reply 85

i'm fairly sure it's actually ungentlemanly to boast of your incredible gentlemanliness.. so, I may not comment.

_Kar.
Reply 86
Original post by Kareir
i'm fairly sure it's actually ungentlemanly to boast of your incredible gentlemanliness.. so, I may not comment.

_Kar.

:rolleyes: I wonder what the inference could be....
Reply 87
Original post by Craig_D
Yes, I am (and there are others). Funnily though, I go largely ignored by women because I have a haircut like David Mitchell and I don't ride a motorbike.

David Mitchell is slyly attractive.
It might just be me who thinks this :colondollar:
Reply 88
OP,

for the love of whatever you believe in, GET OUT OF THERE NOW.

And, please, please, please, find some emotional self-sufficiency so that you don't fall into the same trap again. you do NOT need to be in a relationship, let alone a very unhealthy one, to live a happy life. In fact while I understand you might feel lonely at times, choosing an abusive relationship over singledom for fear of loneliness is SEVERELY DYSFUNCTIONAL.

Now, please move out (or shut up forever).
Reply 89
Original post by ForKicks
:rolleyes: I wonder what the inference could be....

Haha, no, in all honesty, I'd always try be gentlemanly, holding doors or carrying heavy bags, or something. Although im sure some very opinionated feminists would inform me that i'm being chauvinistic :rolleyes:

_Kar.
I hope there are.Of course every guy isnt going to be perfect,thats obvious,but some guys I've seen wandering about recently have really shocked me.
Original post by Vohamanah
>And loving it :wink:

ROFLCOPTER

You disgust me.
i know what you mean my dear, but i still have some faith in this era for finding so men that arn't total jerks.

i know that not all you guys out there are total *****, but from my experiance they are. x
There are lots of 'gentlemen' out there...you REJECTED them all, remember? You said to them 'You're a really sweet guy, but I think we should just be friends'.

Then you date all the jerks and wonder why you can't find a 'gentleman'. YOU REJECTED ALL THE GENTLEMEN, THAT'S WHY!
Reply 94

Are there any real ladies out there. So, you're going to judge every man frm yuor boyfriend, this is what happens when you for bad boys, girls never learn
Reply 95
Its not impossible to find a gentleman, but considering that most guys have to balance being a "lad" amongst his mates and engaging in activities of general faggotry between being a genuine, caring, attentive person, and when combined with the populist and misogynistic "bros over hoes" mantra seemingly ingrained in most modern men, a true gentleman is hard to come by. This isnt meant to put anyone down, and if it does I apologise it advance. Anyhow, you've got ages ahead of you and plenty of other people to meet that you havent met, I'm pretty sure theres a gentleman in there somewhere along the line, if not more.
Reply 96
stupid bitch... you're picking the jerks and blaming the whole male gender for lying and cheating. bithes like you should be confined to the kitchen.
Reply 97
I reiterate, I do not go for men that treat me badly. My boyfriend started out as the sweetest guy you could ever meet then turned out to be a complete prat. And now, after 4 long years, I am too fearful and trapped to even consider leaving. It's not because I'm attracted to him. I hate his guts and everything he has put me through.

Look, yuo obv need to dump him and take your life back. It will be hard at first but then you will be much better off. Have you thought of it from his point of view? Have you done things to provke him?
Reply 98
Don't leave the nice ones in the friendzone then :smile:

Think about these things next time :smile:
My ex was a gentleman. He was a babe!
He didn't know how to end it but I still regard him as a gentleman.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending