The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
Original post by grape:)
I would love to meet a girl my height! (Although, any height would be okay at the moment!) XD

Out of interest, how tall are you? All the girls I've ever been out with were tiny - think like 5'2 - and I'm nearly 5'8 so I've always felt a bit daft next to them :tongue:

Original post by manners20
i think it's partially down to inexperience, i don't know what to expect when i get into bed with a girl (finally).

Original post by AAXXX
Oh I completely know what you mean and feel the same! I'm not the most experienced either, and a lot of the time people expect me to make the first move as well! :/

Oh you poor inexperienced things :colone: :sexface:

All joking aside, being in bed with a girl was something that really confused me the first time around - I was relatively young and had no idea what I was meant to do or what 'counted' as sex :teehee: But provided that you're with someone sensitive and understanding, don't let it intimidate you; you'll work out what to do, and if not, well, there's always Google Images. I wouldn't recommend sleeping with a girl for the first time as a one-night stand though, especially if you're not sure what you're doing; it's not likely to be the greatest of experiences if you have no idea how it should go.
Reply 121
Original post by kerily
Out of interest, how tall are you? All the girls I've ever been out with were tiny - think like 5'2 - and I'm nearly 5'8 so I've always felt a bit daft next to them :tongue:

5'9 or 5'10 :P
Reply 122
5'9 or 5'10 :P

Oh wow! I always wanted to be 6', but then I had to downgrade my expectations to 5'10, and then I never even got that far :colondollar: Do you still wear heels with it?
Reply 123
Original post by kerily
Oh wow! I always wanted to be 6', but then I had to downgrade my expectations to 5'10, and then I never even got that far :colondollar: Do you still wear heels with it?

I wish I was 6' :emo: but never mind :P Of course I still wear heels with it :biggrin: You? x
Reply 124
I wish I was 6' :emo: but never mind :P Of course I still wear heels with it :biggrin: You? x

I want to be 6'. My aunt is 6' and I spend my entire life being jealous of her :tongue: But apparently she does have to buy her shoes from shops which are obviously intended for men wearing drag :teehee:

I'm too much of a failure at walking in heels to even manage kitten heels without having to hold onto someone :awesome: But I'm planning on learning, so as to be taller :biggrin:
Reply 125
Original post by kerily
I want to be 6'. My aunt is 6' and I spend my entire life being jealous of her :tongue: But apparently she does have to buy her shoes from shops which are obviously intended for men wearing drag :teehee:

I'm too much of a failure at walking in heels to even manage kitten heels without having to hold onto someone :awesome: But I'm planning on learning, so as to be taller :biggrin:

I used to walk in heels like a man in drag! But it just took a lot of practise and voila! :colondollar:

(I'm jealous of your aunt too!) x
Reply 126
I used to walk in heels like a man in drag! But it just took a lot of practise and voila! :colondollar:

(I'm jealous of your aunt too!) x

I need to learn how! The ground suddenly seems very far away when you have them on. But then I have a friend who's 5'2, and I love it when she puts heels on for the simple reason that she's still not as tall as me :wink:

I was so gutted when I never became as tall as her :tongue: x
Original post by isabellee

I've heard lots of good things about those places but all my gay friends are guys so I can never go to girl places :frown: We go to heaven, popstarz, east bloc, dalston superstore, fire etc which are all jokes but I never have much success with girls!

Are these all gay clubs in the same city?? We have one in glasgow...ONE!!

Everyone assumes I'm straight (I get people asking me what I'm doing in there etc) and I guess I assume that any fit girl is straight cos there are lots of fag hags in those places...

Yup.
Reply 128
Original post by ilovecookies
London....

If you're based in London you really have no excuse! How many times have you actually been out to gay bars/clubs or joined in with lgbt soc stuff (if you're at uni)? There is a big range of gay bars/gay nights all across london attracting all sorts of different lesbians. If you have been once and not seen anyone you are attracted to then go again! Or try different places. You can't expect hot gay girls to just find you, especially if you don't look gay yourself.

Stop moaning that there are not any hot girls and start looking for/approaching them. Seriously, you will be some girls type. I know quite a few lesbians (femme looking ones) who also go for very straight looking girls. The most attractive thing is confidence. If you believe girls we find you hot, then they will do. I know you are new to this whole thing and unsure about the sex and stuff but that will just happen and it will be fine. If you don't feel confident, fake it. Or get drunk. Or both.

You need to start getting yourself out there and meeting people, not necessarily as potential hook ups but as friends. The easiest way to meet lots of lesbians is to meet one or two because they will inevitably have more gay friends and also you can go out together and find more.

When I first went to an lgbt thing at my uni there was noone I found at all attractive, but I kept in touch with the people I met there and in further events and in going out with them I met lots of attractive girls and got more confident about everything lesbian. Obviously I've been rejected a few times but its really not that bad! You need to experience rejection to know its ok and get the confidence to approach more people. Good luck!
Reply 129
i don't go university in essex, but i live here, so incase anyone wants to know about the decent gay places around essex, i would recommend southend - The Cliff Pub (Cheap Thurs-Sun), Zinc (Friday Night), Hush
Chelmsford - Smiths, Chicago's (Sunday Night)
Basildon - Colors (Wednesday Night)

:smile:
I've always wondered what gay bars were like. I don't think there are any near me though.
Original post by ilovecookies
No I am a girl.

I'm not really 'out' yet, I don't have anyone to go to a lesbian club with :frown: :frown:

Trust me, if you're at least better than average looking, in shape and know how to dress (not like a boy lezza) then I suggest not going to lesbian/gay bars. You'd be suffocated by all the butcheroos from the get go.
Original post by lechaton-x
I'm sure it'll be fine for you, the whole university gay scene is apparently really good as I've heard from a gay guy applying that they're big on gay rights and organising socials :smile: I have a very different opinion on it coming from someone who is only half-out at sixth form...

But not gonna lie, we don't have the most glamorous gay scene in town. Old Market is our gay district and all of the clubs are next to massage parlours and other questionable institutions- it's hardly Brighton where you can find some really stylish clubs and bars. That aside you can have a good night in, Flamingos (they have foam parties!)- and there a few nice pubs and bars scattered around. I've been a little pessimistic really and worried you!

See I'm a Panache and Oceana (you'll understand that when you come here, they're like big Rn'B clubs that you get dressed up for) and I find that our gay scene is pretty casual, which isn't really my cup of tea. It probably doesn't help that I don't have many gay friends to go with regularly, maybe if I did experience it more I would like it? :smile:

I'm positive you will be fine and have a good time here, there is definitely not a lack of a scene. x

Yeah they're pretty massive on socials etc if you get quite involved with the LGBT lot (who are loooooooovely, it just wasn't massively my thing, as it's not always, y'know?) so I only occasionally go out with them and other gay friends.

But have you been to OMG :rolleyes: just...not cool. I love Flamingos though, even if all night I kept on getting hit on by this one girl and the one who I had my eye on just wasn't interested. Wahhh. :frown: Oh well. Lots of straight people go there as well though, so be prepared!
Reply 133
The internet
in Solihull! :smile:
Hi girls, feel free to message me. I seem to have the same problem, ust cant find a good looking lesbian/bi lady
Hello there, im from bristol :wink:
Reply 137
This made me laugh so much, I'm going to hold judgement and presume you aren't just being shallow. I know what you mean, it's hard to find nice girls but if you're not 'out' maybe you're not ready to start meeting girls. You should become comfortable in yourself first.
Original post by kerily
:sexface: Right here.

If you like femme bi/lesbian girls, there are some out there. And most of them are frustrated at the lack of other femmes.

I can totally vouch for this as a femme who likes femmes. Although we do seem to be a rarity :hmmmm2:
I have the same question. I wanted to meet a girl over the summer but I don't have anyone to go out with so staying in the house isn't getting me anywhere. Plus I'd be too nervous meeting someone online.. Although that sees to be my only option atm.
The search is not going well :P

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending