The Student Room Group

Been dropped in maths

Hi all,

I got a letter on Saturday saying that "We are dropping (name) from the Higher Maths course due to his prelim result. This change will take immediate effect to allow (name) to concentrate on other subjects. If there is a problem please contact me."

I got 14% in Maths prelim and I have tried my all. In my report he stated that I am a hard worker and been to revision classes double more than anyone else in the class but this course has defeated me.

So what should I do now:
-listen to them
-nabs only
-do maths
-do int2(got a B last year)

Don't really need maths expect I have an offer from Dundee for a B in maths but apart from that my other offers I don't need maths.

Thanks in advance

Regards

BorninFinland
Reply 1
Sounds like maths ain't your thing. Should probably quit before you waste too much time on it.
Reply 2
Original post by BorninFinland

Don't really need maths expect I have an offer from Dundee for a B in maths but apart from that my other offers I don't need maths.

Contact all of your universities tomorrow and ask them if dropping maths will have any effect on your offers. It doesn't matter if they don't officially "need" it, they can still alter their offers if you withdraw from a subject. Take their answers as the last word on whether you should do maths or not.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending