The Student Room Group

Libyan Intervention and Oil

Why the hell are people on this forum keep saying that the UK is intervening for Oil?

Didnt people know that Libya doesnt have much oil well to be affected by the civil war? 2% of that...
If they did, don't people know that BP had the major contract in extracting oil from Libya when Scotland released the Lockerbie bomber. If anything, it wouldve been UK's benefit to keep Gaddafi in power.

Just ranting. People are so dumb to think that it's always about oil. They b**** about it then they use cars, plastic products, wear makeup, eat food that comes from farms that use pesticides, and whatever byproduct of crude oil is.

As far as I remember, I dont think that North, or South Korea were well known for oil wells when the UK sent troops to fight in the Korean war.

idiots. Neg me as you wish.

Edit: if you're going to neg me atleast voice out your counter argument you dumbasses.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by Tut.exe
Why the hell are people on this forum keep saying that the UK is intervening for Oil?

Didnt people know that Libya doesnt have much oil well to be affected by the civil war? 2% of that...
If they did, don't people know that BP had the major contract in extracting oil from Libya when Scotland released the Lockerbie bomber. If anything, it wouldve been UK's benefit to keep Gaddafi in power.

Just ranting. People are so dumb to think that it's always about oil. They b**** about it then they use cars, plastic products, wear makeup, eat food that comes from farms that use pesticides, and whatever byproduct of crude oil is.

As far as I remember, I dont think that North, or South Korea were well known for oil wells when the UK sent troops to fight in the Korean war.

idiots. Neg me as you wish.

Couldn't agree more, it's nice to find someone with a drop of common sense and logic. It's not like we aren't capable of monopolising oil without firing cruise missiles at a country anyway.
Reply 2
Original post by Josh93
Couldn't agree more, it's nice to find someone with a drop of common sense and logic. It's not like we aren't capable of monopolising oil without firing cruise missiles at a country anyway.

I know, and people neg me but don't present an argument which is really annoying. I'm not a rep whore so I dont care but people should present their reason. The silence is deafening.
Reply 3
Dey turk ur oilllllll
Reply 4
You're talking to a group of 16-24 year olds about international political events.

The fail was always going to be strong.
Reply 5
Original post by chrislpp
You're talking to a group of 16-24 year olds about international political events.

The fail was always going to be strong.

yeah, the worst thing, I see these people claiming that they want " truth and peace", and they get offended and insult someone who doesnt agree on their opinions.
Or these people are the ones who would cower and pretend that nothing is happening when someone is getting beaten down infront of them, and say 'it's none of their business'
I bet these kids also lie to their parents to get away with things.

Then they complain that the US has double standards. hypocrites -.-
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 6
5 negs and people dont even present their argument... pfft.
Reply 7
Of course its not for oil. A better argument would be should not have intervened because we have now lost all our oil contracts.

Libya is peanuts in term of oil. Why waste the money? Iran would be a far better target for oil.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 8

Will rep when I can. I'm already fed of people saying it.
Reply 9
Original post by Aj12
Of course its not for oil. A better argument would we should not have intervened because we have now lost all our oil contracts.

Libya is peanuts in term of oil. Why waste the money? Iran would be a far better target for oil.

exactly, with each Stormshadow cruise missile costing around £800,000 and Tomahawk missiles around $750,000... I dont know why they sent 110+ of them. Thats ~£80M lost already in one day. Bad investment. +The number of barrels of oil per day they lost after going against Gaddafi.

Original post by Logi
Will rep when I can. I'm already fed of people saying it.

Dont worry, I dont care about the rep. I'm here looking for the argument to their side which I cant seem to find.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 10
Original post by Tut.exe
5 negs and people dont even present their argument... pfft.

You said ''neg me as you wish''

so stfu
Reply 11
Original post by chrislpp
You said ''neg me as you wish''

so stfu

I expected some sense of maturity from you after what you just posted above. Clearly you're one of those immature bitter kids. I dont care about reps, I just dont understand why people dislike what I've said but doesnt present why.
Reply 12
Original post by Tut.exe
I expected some sense of maturity from you after what you just posted above. Clearly you're one of those immature bitter kids. I dont care about reps, I just dont understand why people dislike what I've said but doesnt present why.

Because this is a free country where we can say what we want and if you don't like it you can lick monkey balls.
dey want da precious...da precious oil..
da precious oil ist all aboot :ahee:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending