The Student Room Group

When are you going to start revising for summer exams?

Scroll to see replies

I have started but darn coursework is getting in the way, so once the remaining 4 bits are done (I know :frown:) I shall get stuck into it. :yes:
Reply 21
Either later today or tomorrow :-/
I've secretly been revising since feb half term but am going to pretend I havent done any revision till the night before coz i'm so f*cking cool.

Whats with the neg? It's called a joke..
(edited 13 years ago)
Was going to start tomorrow actually. I've got 9 exams, so kinda have to really!
My first exam is on the 20th May, then the rest are in the last week of June, so I'll start revising a bit later, at the moment I'm not doing a lot of revision, just the odd P4 paper
Reply 25
Original post by CrystalNeko
Was going to start tomorrow actually. I've got 9 exams, so kinda have to really!

And I thought I had it tough! I've got 6 and I've basically just started going over the maths course, doing summary pages for biology but i resent chemistry at the moment!

Is anyone else doing wjec by2?

Oh and good lick everyone with your revision! It will be worth it in the end
Reply 26
Original post by phill232
Yesterday. 6 exams so I really needed to get started. First exam is on the 17. And there's nothing wrong with counting down days :biggrin:

Thank you! I wrote on the calendar how many days left so every morning can scare myself into revising! I feels like I've only just finished revising for the last bunch!
The day before the exam. :wink:
I have four exams this year which are english/german/admin and maths and I've started revising for german and admin and will get round to maths and english this week.Trouble is,my teachers are still giving me loads of homework as well as revision so finding it hard to balance it all.
Next Saturday. Once I'm up to date with homework and everything, I'll make a start on revising for my summer exams.
Reply 30

Beginning of June. Can't make myself revise when I think the exams are ages away, so two weeks before I'll cram everything and just forget it the day after the paper.
I started today. :smile:

I love Physics, ask me anything about Waves! Go on! :biggrin:
Reply 32
im going to start this week but its so difficult when you have a load of art coursework, anybody here doing art? :/
Original post by Rothers
nahh I'll do it tomorrow.... or the day after that.... or the day aft..... hmmmm oh dear

LMAO! This!

Hopefully on the 31st when I've handed in my final piece of English coursework..
In theory I started last weekend.
In practice...hopefully just before Easter.
But I have 2 bits of History coursework and a bit of English Lit coursework which I have to get done before Easter, so they're taking priority...I also have quite a bit of stuff still to learn on the syllabus for French and History :s-smilie:

My first exam in the 10th May ish I think, but it's French speaking, and after that I only have 3 others and they're not until the 10th June ish.
Reply 35
That's the good thing about maths and science, no coursework but I hate practicals!!!

Honestly, I'm scared to even turn the Bunsen burner on
Reply 36
Original post by flywithemma
In theory I started last weekend.
In practice...hopefully just before Easter.
But I have 2 bits of History coursework and a bit of English Lit coursework which I have to get done before Easter, so they're taking priority...I also have quite a bit of stuff still to learn on the syllabus for French and History :s-smilie:

My first exam in the 10th May ish I think, but it's French speaking, and after that I only have 3 others and they're not until the 10th June ish.

I would kill for history coursework, my exam board means that the final 50% rests on the last 2 exams, which can only be done in the summer.

How do you revise for history, i feel i do fine but itd be nice to hear from a future oxford history graduate:colondollar:
Original post by phill232
I would kill for history coursework, my exam board means that the final 50% rests on the last 2 exams, which can only be done in the summer.

How do you revise for history, i feel i do fine but itd be nice to hear from a future oxford history graduate:colondollar:

*hopeful future Oxford history graduate :tongue:

Ahh, you're really unlucky having no coursework. I think how you revise depends on what sort of exams you have. This year, for example, I'm doing Russia from 1855-1964, which is a synoptic paper. So we've basically been advised to go through each key theme (e.g. peasants/workers/opposition etc) and make notes on that throughout the period, drawing out similarities and differences and then coming up with theses at the end. However, that's pretty specific for the type of exam I had!

Last year, for my paper that was purely based on remembering things about Britain 1918-55 and then regurgitating knowledge in the exam, I made lots of spider diagrams, firstly chronologically and then for themes like health and stuff. For the key acts and laws, I made flashcards with the date and the law and what it did and my friends and I tested each other on them in our frees.

For the other exam I had, which was based on sources and Germany 1933-63...erm...I can't really remember! I think I just did lots of spider diagrams, and again good old flash cards for key laws. Also, doing timelines for each leader, period or theme can also help.

I hope that rather massive rant was some use, you can PM me if there's anything specific you'd like to know :smile:
Reply 38
Original post by flywithemma
*hopeful future Oxford history graduate :tongue:

Ahh, you're really unlucky having no coursework. I think how you revise depends on what sort of exams you have. This year, for example, I'm doing Russia from 1855-1964, which is a synoptic paper. So we've basically been advised to go through each key theme (e.g. peasants/workers/opposition etc) and make notes on that throughout the period, drawing out similarities and differences and then coming up with theses at the end. However, that's pretty specific for the type of exam I had!

Last year, for my paper that was purely based on remembering things about Britain 1918-55 and then regurgitating knowledge in the exam, I made lots of spider diagrams, firstly chronologically and then for themes like health and stuff. For the key acts and laws, I made flashcards with the date and the law and what it did and my friends and I tested each other on them in our frees.

For the other exam I had, which was based on sources and Germany 1933-63...erm...I can't really remember! I think I just did lots of spider diagrams, and again good old flash cards for key laws. Also, doing timelines for each leader, period or theme can also help.

I hope that rather massive rant was some use, you can PM me if there's anything specific you'd like to know :smile:

Same spider diagrams were great;

Unit 1; Russia 1900-1945 Spider diagrams and basic regurgitation
Unit 2; Germany 1918-1945 essays and thousands of practice sources
Unit 3; Clash of ideologies USSR-USA << ?? same as unit 1
Unit 4; Ireland 1900-1925 <<?? same as unit 2

Good luck oxford awaits you
I can write tons of notes now but will start proper revision in the Easter. My homework I get from teachers i revision anyway as it's all essay writing.

I have three exams and one re-sit

Quick Reply

Latest