The Student Room Group

Jessie J

This poll is closed

I think Jessie J is

a great new artist who is going to be mega famous 49%
a new artist who is expecting a little to much51%
Total votes: 49
Jessie J has hit the charts with great success as a new artist. She has had 2 great hits so far including ''do it like a dude'' and ''price tag.ft B.O.B''.

Who is your favorite new music artist and why.

Scroll to see replies

I don't listen to ****ty top 40 chart music
Reply 2
When Jessie J released Do It Like A Dude with video, I was saying how it was obviously a prank song, poking fun at chavs. I was attacked for it on many occasions, "chattin ****" I was.

Then, by her admission, I was right, and it was the greatest call in the history of me. I wallow in this victory for some time.

That's all I have to say, except I like how she pranked the entire chav population (and then some) and probably got to #1 doing it, not that a UK #1 means anything nowadays.

I am greatly humoured by the idea of chavs buying her album and ending up with Amy Winehouse instead of N-Dubz, yet convincing themselve sthey like her music cos she's a chav. DRESSED AS A 'GOFF'. Love it. What a bunch of suckers chavs are...
Reply 3
She has a nice ass :sexface: The Rock would tear that ass up.
Reply 4
Just another artist attempting furiously to be avant-garde. Failing.
Reply 5
What do you think Do It Like A Dude is about?
Reply 6
Original post by The Rock

You would need a pretty sharp rock. Like a spear head or something.
Original post by Rananagirl
Just another artist attempting furiously to be avant-garde. Failing.

strong sig
Reply 8
Original post by Unknown?
You would need a pretty sharp rock. Like a spear head or something.

The Rock is bemused.

What is this I see? A jabroni running his mouth? Do you want me to layeth the smackdown on your candy ass?

I suggest you become one of the MILLIONSSSSSSSSS of The Rock's fans and chant his name :cool:
Reply 9

She has no ass :slap:
She has a nice voice though, bit generic :biggrin:
Reply 10
Oh I hate her song...it's so pointless..."Do it like a dude" wtf.
Reply 11
Original post by loling909
Oh I hate her song...it's so pointless..."Do it like a dude" wtf.

Replace "dude" with "chav" and you might get the idea.
Reply 12
I love Jessie J :h: I saw her a couple of weeks ago at G-A-Y (didn't even know she was going to be there) and her voice.. ahh. It was amazing, she doesn't take herself too seriously and looked like she was having a blast, and so was everyone else.
Haha, when I saw this thread title right now, I was looking at this page: http://www.i-donline.com/i-spy/jessie-js-top-90s-tracks

Personally, I like her. Not amazingly, but her songs are cool, her voice is beautiful, and her fashion style is so fabulous :love:
Reply 14
She was a pretty damn successful songwriter.

She saw a gap to make herself a performer and a name brand.

do you think these pop artists grow on trees?
I don't actually mind her music.
It's just cringey when she's pretending to be gangster in her videos.
If anyone has actually listened to her other album songs, then they'll soon realise that the ones have already been released as singles are in no way the best reflection of her talent. I love Stand Up, Rainbow to name a few.

'Finalllyyyyyyyyyyy' :cool:

Anyways, she cant sing as well as The Rock. No strudel for her.
Reply 18
Original post by Pinball_heart
I don't actually mind her music.
It's just cringey when she's pretending to be gangster in her videos.

She was ripping the piss out of chavs, and the chavs went and bought it in their droves. Nuff said.
Reply 19
I thought she was really similar to a lot of artists at the moment and found her chart hits rather generic, but my friend told me to look her up on Youtube and her voice is actually outstanding and really not what you'd expect from her popular music. She did an acapella version of Whitney Houston's "I Have Nothing" and it gave me the shivers.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending