The Student Room Group

is india a superpower?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
No, not really.

But that won't stop every damn Indian barking on about it.
Reply 21
Im not sure on this 100% but i don't think there tax collection is very successful, no money, you are not a super power, so no there not really a superpower, north korea without the discipline in one aspect.
Original post by B-Man.
:cool: That's how we roll in my endz.

Goodness Gracious me was brilliant.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 23
no. they are a kind of "Schwellenland" like Singapore but not a superpower yet.
Reply 24
Original post by thunder_chunky
Goodness Gracious me was brilliant.

Yeah I've been watching the series again and I wish there would make another programme like it. The closest thing I have found is an internet video series known as 'Diary of a Badman.'
i don't care what India is classed as..all I know is that its awesome :biggrin:
it may become a superpower in economic terms, but for majority of people who are poor in that country will see no change. Rich and poor gap will be huuuuggge if not already is.
Original post by B-Man.
Yeah I've been watching the series again and I wish there would make another programme like it. The closest thing I have found is an internet video series known as 'Diary of a Badman.'

Diary of a Badman is classic :biggrin:

"why am I so good lookin' blad" LOL.
Reply 28
India don't have skyscrapers, a space program, no-one mentions them, they don't have shiny robotic technology things, don't have a worldwide company in technology or even cars, a degree from there isn't impressive, and a mansion there costs about £100,000...

...so I do not consider them a superpower.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 29
Original post by nonotrly
India don't have skyscrapers, a space program, no-one mentions them, they don't have shiny robotic technology things, don't have a worldwide company in technology or even cars, a degree from there isn't impressive, and a mansion there costs about £100,000...

...so I do not consider them a superpower.

india do have skyscrapers in financial cities such as bangalore and mumbai
they do have a space program
people do mention them
tata is one of the worlds biggest car companies
microsoft has their HQ in india
land in mumbai can be really expensive. Office rental space is more expensive than london in some parts
Reply 30
Come on,
How would you describe a superpower ?
Yeah, I agree that the USA can be said as a Superpower country, but even the USSR was never a superpower except military might.
I guess, the world has enough place for just one superpower.
Do you really think that China, Russia or even the UK can compete or have an influence as the USA ?
And by the way,
I am not Indian, Not Pakistani. Not Russian and Not American either. Not British or Not Chinese.
not at the moment, but give it 10 years or so and I think they will be quite important
Reply 32
Oh yeah, military is another good one. India aren't known for their military.

Original post by rajveers
india do have skyscrapers in financial cities such as bangalore and mumbai

Very good.

they do have a space program

Well I've never heard of it.

people do mention them

Nope. Even if they did, they would still have some way to go to be mentioned in the same breath as USA, China and Russia.

tata is one of the worlds biggest car companies

Who??

microsoft has their HQ in india

Wow, no. Their main HQ is in America.

land in mumbai can be really expensive. Office rental space is more expensive than london in some parts

That's all well and good, but mansions can be £100,000. And I only say that because I think it was actually about £60,000, but didn't want to risk stating that.

So I googled, and found one for £47,000 right away on my first click. Go figure.

Office space being pricier isn't a surprise: they do love their offices in India, right?
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 33
Original post by The Rock
No, not really.

But that won't stop every damn Indian barking on about it.

Your eyes are closed bro....just wait and see hahahahahhahah
Reply 34
Original post by therealOG
Your eyes are closed bro....just wait and see hahahahahhahah

wait and see? there's not much to see apart from Indians living below the poverty line and living a life surrounded by cow **** everywhere.

Even your army is ****, couldn't even properly take down a few jabronis hijacking a hotel.
hope not
Reply 36
No its more of a regional power.
No. It may provide world class jobs/amenities to a few million, but the majority of the population will always live in poverty.
Reply 38
No, you got completely the wrong idea.

India? A superpower? God no. Examples of superpowers are like x-ray vision, super speed, flight, and so on.

_Kar.
No, not yet at least.

Problem is India just has staggering levels of Poverty isn't doing much about letting foreign aid attempt to take care instead with next to no effect. India has the potential to be a superpower, it just isn't on the right path yet.

Quick Reply

Latest