The Student Room Group

When should i start looking

I am starting a access course this September so will be applying for uni later this year i was just wondering when i should start looking into the unis and courses i want to do. Ideally i would like to attend open days at as many of my choice unis as possible so when should i start going to these and in case anyone would know when do open days for 2012 generally start
Reply 1
I think I started looking around Easter 2007 for 2008 entry, so start thinking now...just subject choice, find out what unis take access course entrants etc. The universities often have open days in July and September (pre-application). Individual departments may also have visit days, so check on the uni websites :smile:

If you can't make the open days then it may be worth contacting the department to see if you can have a look around some other time.
Reply 2
Original post by ElfManiac
I think I started looking around Easter 2007 for 2008 entry, so start thinking now...just subject choice, find out what unis take access course entrants etc. The universities often have open days in July and September (pre-application). Individual departments may also have visit days, so check on the uni websites :smile:

If you can't make the open days then it may be worth contacting the department to see if you can have a look around some other time.

ohh that the answer i wanted to hear lol im so overly excited it amazing. soi was kinda hoping this would be the case. was feeling a little bit stupid looking already lol
Reply 3
Original post by geekay1
ohh that the answer i wanted to hear lol im so overly excited it amazing. soi was kinda hoping this would be the case. was feeling a little bit stupid looking already lol

Lol no worries, I was pretty excited too :smile: My college were pretty on the ball though, we had personal statement drafts done by July, applications sent mid-October and I had all my offers by mid-January. It worked quite well really because I had something clear to aim for with my final A2 exams.

Best of luck with your application :smile:
Reply 4
Lol no worries, I was pretty excited too :smile: My college were pretty on the ball though, we had personal statement drafts done by July, applications sent mid-October and I had all my offers by mid-January. It worked quite well really because I had something clear to aim for with my final A2 exams.

Best of luck with your application :smile:

just out of curiosity what course are you doing and at what uni
Reply 5
Original post by geekay1
just out of curiosity what course are you doing and at what uni

French and History combined honours at Southampton (2008 entry).
I'm on my Year Abroad at the moment, on Erasmus exchange at Paris-Sorbonne.

What are you applying for?
Reply 6
French and History combined honours at Southampton (2008 entry).
I'm on my Year Abroad at the moment, on Erasmus exchange at Paris-Sorbonne.

What are you applying for?

im not sure my access course is media

id love to work towards a job in radio presenting but have no idea what route to take in order to achieve this so really need to do alot of research

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending