The Student Room Group

Help, I feel like a retard.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Waqar Y
Catchy title, don't you think?

It made me lol. :smile:
Original post by Waqar Y
I'm not denying that I'm a retard, i admit to it.. I AM A RETARD.. but yeah, i'll ring them and be like "sorry for this" and stuff or whatever.

What's there no?

I could answer your dilemma but as I strongly object to the use of the word retard 'going to leave you to suffer.
Reply 23

Couldn't stop laughing at the appropriateness of this. Lmao!
Reply 24
Original post by Waqar Y
Noo, I know i'd get the maintenance grant as it's assesed on my familys household income(I think) but i don't want the loan.

I swear I remember reading somewhere you can only get the grant if you get the loan? I'm not sure about this but I was told they're not going to just hand out the free money if you're not getting a loan. :s-smilie:
Reply 25
Original post by Liam 09
Couldn't stop laughing at the appropriateness of this. Lmao!

ya, same
Reply 26
You're poor enough to qualify for the grant, but rich enough to manage without the loan? :lolwut:
Original post by The Rock
Are you one of the MILLIONSSSSSSS of The Rock's fans?

If you're a jabroni then The Rock says you take that student finance, shiiiiiiiiiiinee it up real nice, turn that bitch sideways and stick it straight up YO CANDY ASSS!!

I fear many threads will be hijacked by me responding to you. This is what has to be done.

Do you like that coach? Do you like Barry Manilow? Sing a song coach.

At the copa, copa cabana. GET YOUR MONKEY ASS OUTTA HERE
Reply 28
Original post by kerily
You're poor enough to qualify for the grant, but rich enough to manage without the loan? :lolwut:

i don't need the loan, since i'll be living at home anyway and the only cost is pretty much travel and food, travel would be 1.8k which i would get from the grant anyway.
Reply 29
Original post by Circadian_Rhythm
I fear many threads will be hijacked by me responding to you. This is what has to be done.

Do you like that coach? Do you like Barry Manilow? Sing a song coach.

At the copa, copa cabana. GET YOUR MONKEY ASS OUTTA HERE

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

I like you. You definitely smell what The Rock is cookin'.
Reply 30
Original post by Waqar Y
I see, how would that work though? cus don't you need like quite a few K to get any decent return anyway

you have to be lucky enough to get higher int.... also, student laons does not have interest, they are only adjusted to the inflation.. :wink:
Original post by souman
you have to be lucky enough to get higher int.... also, student laons does not have interest, they are only adjusted to the inflation.. :wink:

Utter rubbish!
You really don't understand student finance do you!

Student loan interest is determined as RPI or bank rate plus 1% which ever is the lower.

RPI is currently over 4%.

Now you compound 4% over 25 years and tell me there is no interest

Even this year's 1.5% will grow rapidly.
Reply 32
do you know what RPI is? RPI is used to measure the inflation rate, as I said it is not interest! it is adjusted to inflation, i.e. it is adjusted to RPI
Reply 33
Original post by Uzzy?
I'd phone them up.

First step is always denial so congrats on moving forward, :wink: :tongue:

From what video is that gif from? :tongue:
Reply 34

I have to say, while I feel bad for your situation Waqar, I can't stop laughing at this post. Well played sir
Reply 35
Original post by thegaffer91
I thought that you couldn't get just the grant? assuming you were eligable for a grant, i thought it was both or neither?

Original post by KJane
I swear I remember reading somewhere you can only get the grant if you get the loan? I'm not sure about this but I was told they're not going to just hand out the free money if you're not getting a loan. :s-smilie:

edit: oh I see your question now, I fail at reading :facepalm: yeh I thought this too...
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 36
Original post by hawflo
From what video is that gif from? :tongue:

No idea cant remember I've had it on my laptop for ages now :dontknow: sorry :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending