The Student Room Group

My boyfriends a statutory rapist

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Anonymous
This is where it gets tricky. He planned to sleep with her, to get revenge. And afterwards she said he forced himself on her but I'm not sure I belive that

Revenge? This girl could be lying, unfortunately some women do turn around and say 'he raped me' when they did actually provide consent to sleep with them, did she say this after she found out he did it for revenge?

Nowadays I wouldn't consider it statutory rape unless she was like 13 and under or didn't consent, the majority of people I know don't care about the law of consent. I once had a year 8 boy take the mick out of me for being a virgin and giving this boy in particular it wouldn't surprise me if he'd been round the block a few times with the girls. When I was in year 9 I walked in on a conversation of 14 year old girls discussing how many abortions they'd had, one had had two abortions and one my friends has had an abortion, a miscarriage and is trying to fall pregnant now and she's only 17.

So I don't think you really have that much to worry about unless she is really young or it can be proven she didn't give consent. But if you're really uncomfortable with him maybe it's best to move on?
Reply 21
in my opinion planning to sleep with someone who's only 15 "for revenge" is really irresponsible :/
I could understand it if he had genuine feelings for her but it all seems a bit weird. completely understand why you don't like it but then again it was before he was with you so you have to decide whether you can live with it and let it drop or if it's always going to bug you a bit
Original post by ForKicks
There is always the potential that he will be arrested in future. Besides all that though, why would you want to get involved with someone so..stupid?!

not for previous rape. Rape is all about the evidence there and then. Unless he was a serial rapist, he wouldn't get convicted for it.
I'm sorry, am I the only one who has a problem with the fact that he slept with someone "for revenge" and she is now accussing him of rape? Even if she's a compulsive liar and a little bitch, the whole situation sounds so chavvy and difficult I'm struggling to see how the OP would benefit from dating such a ****.
Reply 24
Original post by undermyskin
not for previous rape. Rape is all about the evidence there and then. Unless he was a serial rapist, he wouldn't get convicted for it.

This is stat rape though, which he has admitted
Reply 25
Original post by BlueJoker
I'm sorry, am I the only one who has a problem with the fact that he slept with someone "for revenge" and she is now accussing him of rape? Even if she's a compulsive liar and a little bitch, the whole situation sounds so chavvy and difficult I'm struggling to see how the OP would benefit from dating such a ****.

He is already guilty of stat rape AND has the potential for being guilty of rape (although very dubious). I too can't see how she should do anything but leave him :confused:
It's up to you really
He hid it from you for either two reasons
1) He's ashamed because of it
2) He's ashamed because he might have forced himself on this girl

If he did this for some 'revenge' thing or other no matter what it's about that's an utterly stupid and irresponsible thing to do. I think you should get as far away from his issues as possible.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by ForKicks
This is stat rape though, which he has admitted

Doesn't matter if it is statutory or not, unless it is a repeated offence the person would not be convicted for a past event.
Reply 28
Original post by undermyskin
Doesn't matter if it is statutory or not, unless it is a repeated offence the person would not be convicted for a past event.

Never been a fan of public interest :grumble: lol
Reply 29
it's only statutory rape if she was under 13.

if he used the words 'statutory rape' then.....eeek. but if he just said'under the age of consent' that isn't rape...she couldve been 15 and 9/10s......
Reply 30

Spoiler

If he actually has done all these things is it worth the emotional rollercoaster of living with his past worries, and trying to deal with what he might do next? Revenge sex attacks. That sh*t is f**ked up.
This is a tough situation, basically it all depends on how you feel about it.

If it is really bothering you and you don't think you can get past it, maybe it is worth ending it. But speak to your boyfriend seriously about it, she is telling people he forced himself on her but that might be false.

Everyone does things in their past they regret.

If she went to the police there is a chance he could be taken in for it, but without evidence and just being hear-say there's not much they will be able to do.
I don't like the terminology. 'rape' isn't a fair word for such a circumstance, if she was concious and consenting.

It should be changed to 'statutory kiddie sex'.

Quick Reply

Latest