The Student Room Group

Is anyone else getting tired of clubbing?

I don't know about you, but killing seals just doesn't cut it for me anymore...

But joking aside...

I've been going clubbing now since September and I remember being really excited going out with new friends and experiencing this whole new environment.

It was fun to get pished, get mad with it, and party all night long but now it feels like a chore. I just can't stand it now.

-It's cool to dance when you are in the mood, but you can only dance so much!
-You can't even have a semi-decent conversation with people due to the music.
-Chavs and sluts (not the good kind)
-The toilets...why do they look as if a wet shaggy dog came in and just...dried itself?!
-It feels like forever to get a drink.

Does anyone else feel the same, or am I just being a silly Nancy?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I can count the number of times I've been 'clubbing' on one hand and I'd rather eat my own eyeballs than ever do it again. I hope that answers your question.
I am growing a bit weary but my flat and myself tend to go about 3 times a week so you can see how this situation could arise. Its easter break soon so maybe I'll be more up for it after a break.
Original post by phil23

Move on to something with bigger teeth...adds an element of danger :colone:
Reply 4
well don't do it then! what is the point of this mundane question??
Reply 5
Smuggle in some vegetables, start a food fight.
Reply 6
I agree op. I used to love clubbing when I was like, 18, went out all the time with mates and stuff. But I find recently that though I can still have a good time, it isn't a majority case. Like, if I go out 5 times, one or two of them would be enjoyable. For me it's hardly worth the odds.
I find that like, "proper clubbing" (going to see DJs who you want to see and so forth) is a lot better than regular clubs, where there is no real agenda. When everyone is there for the music, it makes it great.

For me it's because you don't do anything. If you look at a standard club night from the outside, it involves queuing, getting lost, finding people, buying drinks, getting lost, standing in the smoking area and a bit of dancing in a circle. It only works when your super pissed. I know it's all just a bit of fun, but unless i'm hammered I just find it a but dull.

Sometimes I think i'm cynical about it, as everyone I know goes out all the time to clubs. But just because others like it doesn't mean you should to! It's a shame that there aren't loads more late night options than getting pissed and dancing in a circle.
DO pre-drinks before you step into a pub/bar.

Clubs are next and you shouldn't get so obviously drunk that you'd be stopped from going in.
Original post by phil23

But joking aside...

I've been going clubbing now since September and I remember being really excited going out with new friends and experiencing this whole new environment.

It was fun to get pished, get mad with it, and party all night long but now it feels like a chore. I just can't stand it now.

-It's cool to dance when you are in the mood, but you can only dance so much!
-You can't even have a semi-decent conversation with people due to the music.
-Chavs and sluts (not the good kind)
-The toilets...why do they look as if a wet shaggy dog came in and just...dried itself?!
-It feels like forever to get a drink.

Does anyone else feel the same, or am I just being a silly Nancy?

When I started going out I realised that clubbing was verrrry overrated...I prefer the pub :cool:
Reply 10
No, because I never get to go -__-
But if I went out all the time I'm sure I'd get tired of it pretty quickly.
you're going to the wrong clubs mate
You're getting old thats what
Original post by futuredoc77

Original post by futuredoc77

:awesome: lol
Reply 14
Totally agree. Did it all last year but this time round the atmosphere doesn't seem to suit me anymore. Oh well, about time I started studying my face off.
Reply 15
Original post by coconut trader
you're going to the wrong clubs mate

I went to the UK's 13th best club in the country. It was definately the worst place I've been in.

Original post by Jmzie-Coupe
You're getting old thats what

So 20 is old now?
Reply 16
my town is pretty **** for clubbing
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 17
It was good fun but I just couldn't be bothered after the first couple of times. I hate the sweaty, groping rapey aspect as well. I'd go clubbing with my bf, although some might find that strange. Although he's pushing 30, so he may have long tired of it a while back. :biggrin:
Original post by phil23
I went to the UK's 13th best club in the country. It was definately the worst place I've been in.

So 20 is old now?

I'm going to be 22 soon and I feel pretty old. I'm in the same boat as you, though I must say UK nightlife is ****ing terrible, I don't know how all these little brats enjoy it so much. I've been clubbing in a lot of different countries, and places like Tunisia, Greece, Italy have miles better clubs than the ones here. Are you from canada or UK btw?
Reply 19
Having you yell/mine everything you want to say is annoying!I'd rather sit in a quiet bar and have a few cocktails and a good conversation :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending