The Student Room Group

'The Mcdonalds Or Burger King thread'

Poll

Mcdonalds or Burger King?

Great if this hasn't been done before...? (sure it has at some point but yeah)

I don't just prefer one over the other completely, I find

. Burger King generally has the better and more awesome burgers and their hot chips taste heavenly, I like how they're so different from Mcdonalds or KFC chips - BK, BK

. Pretty equal on drinks :indiff: - MCD/BK

. but I think Mcdonalds has more range - chicken meals, hamburgers, more breakfast options, apple pies etc - MCD

. Mcdonalds is also cheaper than Burger King which is again good. (Some BK meals and burgers are so overpriced it's comical) - MCD

. Appearance - generally Mcdonalds is hit and miss imo, you get the rare, rare meals that look exactly like they're advertised but most times it isn't but Burger King I've found generally always looks like how it's advertised - BK

. Consistency - How often do you get meals from Mcdonalds that just doesn't taste that nice for some reason and or puts you off from eating there for a while? Could happen at BK too but it never does, Mcdonalds is again hit and miss for that so that goes to Burger King - BK

So that's like... BK for me, just from that. I don't eat there as much tbh but I'd say I prefer their food

Mcdonalds - 3

Burger King - 5

A lot of stuff is bolded. I know

Scroll to see replies

BK Burgers. McD's Chips & Milkshakes
Original post by lukejoshjedi

Original post by lukejoshjedi
Great if this hasn't been done before...? (sure it has at some point but yeah)

I don't just prefer one over the other completely, I find

. Burger King generally has the better and more awesome burgers and their hot chips taste heavenly, I like how they're so different from Mcdonalds or KFC chips - BK, BK

. Pretty equal on drinks :indiff: - MCD/BK

. but I think Mcdonalds has more range - chicken meals, hamburgers, more breakfast options, apple pies etc - MCD

. Mcdonalds is also cheaper than Burger King which is again good. (Some BK meals and burgers are so overpriced it's comical) - MCD

. Appearance - generally Mcdonalds is hit and miss imo, you get the rare, rare meals that look exactly like they're advertised but most times it isn't but Burger King I've found generally always looks like how it's advertised - BK

. Consistency - How often do you get meals from Mcdonalds that just doesn't taste that nice for some reason and or puts you off from eating there for a while? Could happen at BK too but it never does, Mcdonalds is again hit and miss for that so that goes to Burger King - BK

So that's like... BK for me, just from that. I don't eat there as much tbh but I'd say I prefer their food

Mcdonalds - 3

Burger King - 5

A lot of stuff is bolded. I know

Discuss here:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1552759
almost all of my friends have contracted food poisoning from burger king at some point in their life. Mcdonalds wins over BK anyday. KFC is a lot nicer though.
Reply 4
Burger King's fries are heavenly in Birmingham but fairly gross in other places. McDs, please!
Reply 5
Original post by no-fat-chicks
almost all of my friends have contracted food poisoning from burger king at some point in their life. Mcdonalds wins over BK anyday. KFC is a lot nicer though.

Srs bro.... wow. Thought that'd be more likely from Mcdonalds tbh
There aren't any Burger Kings near me, the closest is probably at Manchester Airport :|
Their XL Bacon Double super duper duper burger (or something like that) is pretty good though, but so is the Big Tasty, and Mcdonalds apple pies are :drool:

However I do prefer dead chickens, and like my chips with less salt and more potato (but I have no idea what BK chips taste like) so KFC beats both :tongue:
also I prefer pepsi to coke, but that doesn't actually matter
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 7
BK - to me the food is a lot more substantial.
Reply 8
If I really really had to choose, I would pick Maccy Ds. Burger King burgers are the overpriced low quality **** and their choice of toppings is just foul. Who the **** puts lettuce and mayo on a burger? Seriously :facepalm2:
Reply 9
I used to prefer Burger King, but I had pretty gross fillet chicken from there yesterday where the texture felt like it wasn't cooked even though it was and the chips aren't as nice as Mcdonalds. Mcdonalds have better chicken fillet burgers, but worse normal burgers than burger king, but better chips.
Reply 10
BK for burgers and fries, Macky's for the nuggets and drinks
Reply 11
I do like BK over McDonalds. As epic as the burgers are at BK, they lack sauce. The staff have not been trained well either. Can do with milkshakes and better deserts too. BK fries are epic though. So is the XL Double Bacon Cheeseburger.
When I have monies, BK. MCD tastes like **** after a while
Reply 13
I prefer BK but for some reason end up going to Mcdonalds more out of the two =s then again there isn't a BK in Lancaster!
Depends on the franchisee... Not all McDonalds or Burger Kings are created equally.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 15
Original post by solusoracle
Depends on the franchisee... Not all McDonalds or Burger Kings are created equally.

Absolutely this. I personally think at pinnacle level (ie, the best Burger King and best McDonalds I've ever had) the Burger King meal was far superior/tastier, but in terms of consistency, McDonalds tends to be far more reliable, varying far less. I've had some phenomenal BK burgers and fries, and some abominable ones, but far less variation in quality from McDonalds.

Swings and Roundabouts.
Reply 16
Mcdonald's all the way!!!
BK is expensive for what it is, their burgers are soggy and their chips aren't a patch on McDs!
I would of said BK for Burgers and McDonalds for fries now it is McDonalds for all, BK have seriously started to suck.
Reply 18
Original post by py0alb
. Who the **** puts lettuce and mayo on a burger? Seriously :facepalm2:

It's perfectly acceptable :colone:

Spoiler

In general, I think Maccy Ds is way better. Burger King is so overpriced it unreal--once, I even cancelled an order in favour of the McDonalds next door :colondollar:
Reply 19
Has anyone noticed McDonalds employ British people but BK/KFC staff are nearly always foreign?

Quick Reply

Latest