The Student Room Group

Has anyone/know anyone who failed their modules and then re-sat and passed them all?

Basically, has anyone/know anyone who failed their modules and then re-sat and passed them all? I just want to know if it is do-able as I could fail some of them if I'm not careful. Already behind on a lot of work. Is it ever possible to catch up? I have like three weeks till holidays and then after the two week break, I have exams!!! Argghhh!!!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
yeh i failed 4 modules in my first year and then retook them all in the summer and passed them all. was suffering from depression a bit in my first yr so did pretty badly lol.
yes
Reply 3
Original post by no-fat-chicks
yes

what happened?? what subject??
Reply 4
Original post by bobcat7
yeh i failed 4 modules in my first year and then retook them all in the summer and passed them all. was suffering from depression a bit in my first yr so did pretty badly lol.

What subject? How did you motivate yourself to do it??
Original post by turbo64
What subject? How did you motivate yourself to do it??

Was not me personally. But the subject was biomedical science and the motivation was that my friend really wanted to be a doctor, she got extra tutoring a few days a week and worked in a local hospital for experience.
Original post by turbo64
Basically, has anyone/know anyone who failed their modules and then re-sat and passed them all? I just want to know if it is do-able as I could fail some of them if I'm not careful. Already behind on a lot of work. Is it ever possible to catch up? I have like three weeks till holidays and then after the two week break, I have exams!!! Argghhh!!!

Yes you can and simply the motivation comes from how successfull you want to be in your future... Do you want a luxury life or not? Simply ask yourself that! If so then pass these exams! You need too! If not then your doing ok for yourself...
Reply 7
Was not me personally. But the subject was biomedical science and the motivation was that my friend really wanted to be a doctor, she got extra tutoring a few days a week and worked in a local hospital for experience.

how many modules did the person fail initially?
Original post by turbo64
how many modules did the person fail initially?

All of them I believe
Reply 9
All of them I believe

So six modules?? That doesn't make sense, since when you fail a module, it gets capped at 40% which means your friend must have got a third in their degree. Are you saying your friend got into medicine with a third in biomedical science??
Original post by turbo64
So six modules?? That doesn't make sense, since when you fail a module, it gets capped at 40% which means your friend must have got a third in their degree. Are you saying your friend got into medicine with a third in biomedical science??

They'd have only been capped for that year, not the whole degree. If it was first year then it likely wouldn't make any difference.

I also know someone who failed all modules, then resat and passed them all.
Reply 11
Original post by TheSownRose

I also know someone who failed all modules, then resat and passed them all.

First year I presume. What subject?
Reply 12
So far I'm getting reassurance, need a bit more though :smile:
Reply 13
Original post by turbo64

I got U's my alevel maths on 3-4 attempts, I then retook privatley and got all A's (This was before they introduced the A*)
well, with maths i did better but not good enough, performance studies i got from u to an a and etc
Original post by turbo64
First year I presume. What subject?

First year of optometry.
not sure if it works the same at other unis but here we are allowed to fail twice throughout your entire degree. (unless you have mitigating circumstances) they are called compensatable fails and when you retake them you cannot get more than a pass (40)
Me!
did 5 resits in january and went from D's and E's to A's and B's
Reply 18
Original post by TheSownRose
First year of optometry.

Did they work crazily over the summer??
Original post by turbo64
Did they work crazily over the summer??

They're worked very hard, yes. I don't think it was easy.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending