The Student Room Group

'Making Love'?

Scroll to see replies

Making love doesn't mean someone has to say I love you during the moment.

In all honesty I don't see the problem. It's sweet and implies that the moment is a little more than a meaningless shag.

Making love can also be spontaneous.

I don't really care what people call it to be honest.
Reply 41
I agree, i can't stand it when someone uses the term "making love", it implies that it's the sex that makes the love in a relationship, and without sex there's no love. Also sex does NOT equal love, love is so much more in my opinion.
Reply 42
"making love" is a million times better than a quick shag. you sound really inexperienced
Like most women I like a good pounding, but what is wrong with a slow sensual shagfest?

Mix it up a little and you may be surprised. Nothing wrong with love during sex, especially if you love the person you're ****ing.
It's a bit of a cringey phrase :teehee:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 45
Original post by Nerol
Who else is offended by this term?

Okay, not offended; disgusted.

This is going to sound horribly slaggish, but to me sex and love do not go hand in hand.

Sex is all about the moment, passion and enjoyment.
Love is about something lasting and emotional.

To be honest, I'd much rather have a spontaneous shag in the heat of the moment, than deep (excuse the pun), emotional 'love-making' any day.

I don't want to hear the words 'I love you' in the middle of sex. It's off-putting.

I know I sound like a right whorebag now. Surprisingly, I'm not. I don't sleep around anyway.

I'd just like to know if anyone else shares my views on this :wink: LOL.

I thought I was a freak. My boyfriend will sometimes stop in the middle of sex and just say 'I love you' and then he'll finish up all tender and 'loving'. I don't have the heart to tell him that I feel myself dry up the second he does it.
Reply 46
Original post by hanaalou
"making love" is a million times better than a quick shag. you sound really inexperienced

Really? I thought it'd be the complete opposite of that! Haha!

I actually have experience in both love and sex, I just generally find the two to be more satisfying as separate things.

And I said nothing about a 'quick shag'. I enjoy it long and hard, thanks :smile: pahaha, and yes I just cringed at my own joke. Oh dear.
Original post by Nerol

This is going to sound horribly slaggish, but to me sex and love do not go hand in hand.

Sex is all about the moment, passion and enjoyment.

To be honest, I'd much rather have a spontaneous shag in the heat of the moment, than deep (excuse the pun), emotional 'love-making' any day.

I don't want to hear the words 'I love you' in the middle of sex. It's off-putting.

I know I sound like a right whorebag now. Surprisingly, I'm not. I don't sleep around anyway.

I'd just like to know if anyone else shares my views on this :wink: LOL.

Well people like you shouldn't use the term then, you should use "having a shag". Just because you treat sex as something frivolous and in the heat of the moment doesn't mean people who love each other and have sex shouldn't use the term 'make love'.

Making love can be all the things you say your sex life is anyway, there is nothing stopping it from being spontaneous and quick, so I don't understand why it's any of your business how people refer to their own sex lives.
(edited 13 years ago)
Its just sex to me, meaningless really.
My boyfriend insists on saying 'making love' and corrects me if I say we have sex. But I'm not romantic and it makes me cringe. Yes, I do love him - but sex is sex is sex. I don't 'make love' I have great sex with someone I happen to care about. It might be more intense because of the emotional involvement, but to me it is still just sex and not some different thing.

The phrase 'making love' makes me cringe although I daren't tell my boyfriend. God, I hate it when men get all romantic, and I'm not into candles, or soft music, or any of that stuff.
Reply 50
sex without love = fail
Making love and shagging are not the same thing. One is about wanting to please our partner and be intimate with them, the other is just about pure lust.
Original post by The Cornerstone
Well cringe to this:

I can't see that video, so I'm just hoping it's the sex scene from The Room.

Original post by Nerol
Hey, they can say it before or after, that's fine. But not during, because I'd laugh and it'd put me off!

I love laughing during sex, it's fun! Sex is a pretty funny business when you think about it. I once called my boyfriend a stallion during sex and we both had a really good laugh about it. It's genuinely a fond memory!
Original post by Muffinz
I don't see the problem, unless you're looking for a ONS with some munter and he says it.

Well why would you look for a ONS with a munter?
Original post by Nerol

This is going to sound horribly slaggish, but to me sex and love do not go hand in hand.Sex is all about the moment, passion and enjoyment.

LOL.

Have you ever been in a long term relationship with somebody you truly love? because then sex and love are not so easily separated.

I don't think I could ever have sex with somebody I didn't love. I've only ever had sex with one person other than my partner ( and tbh I'm not sure it counts.)
For me sex is an important part of loving somebody.
Reply 55
Original post by Sakura-Chan
I kind of get what you're saying, but I don't think sex should always be a loveless thing :no:

It's a bit cringey when you're in the middle of sex and the other person is all like ''make love to me.'' It kinda puts me off a bit to be honest. But saying 'I love you' is okay though.

Why would a guy say that?
Original post by Rant
Why would a guy say that?

Why wouldn't they? :dontknow: I know a few who have.

It's not something you'd be likely to openly admit to I guess.
Reply 57
Original post by Sakura-Chan
Why wouldn't they? :dontknow: I know a few who have.

It's not something you'd be likely to openly admit to I guess.

'Cos the guy's supposed to be the dominant one.
Original post by Rant
'Cos the guy's supposed to be the dominant one.

Back in the caveman era maybe.

If you're having sex with someone you love and trust, you can be totally open about all your desires, if you just want to be loved for a change instead of doing the ''loving'' then I don't see how anyone could argue with that.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 59
*feels pity*

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending