The Student Room Group

I need a cigarette. Now. i'm going crazy.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by nunugab
Dude. That's a deal. How far is Brighton from Bath? hahah!

About four hours on the train...and you probably can't afford a ticket I'm guessing. Sucks.
Reply 21
Original post by Potiron
About four hours on the train...and you probably can't afford a ticket I'm guessing. Sucks.

At this point of time, biking is definitely an option.
Reply 22
Original post by nunugab
At this point of time, biking is definitely an option.

See you in the morning :awesome:

:smokin:
Original post by nunugab
AAARGH and you happen to smoke the same kind I do too! I switched from marlboro reds to light because I wanted to quit (by reducing the amount of nicotine and the amount I smoke), but instead I find myself smoking more lights than I did reds!!!! My last cigarette was 3 hours ago. I think I'll be dead or atleast comatose within 20 minutes.

I can't take reds, they destroy my throat and make me lose my voice :frown:
My last was about 50 mins ago, I've got enough to last me for one every 2 hours tonight, so only just over an hour until my next!
Do you not have any smoker friends that would lend you one, and you wouldn't feel bad about having one off to last you the next few hours? Or anyone that owes you one?
Reply 24
I'd just like to make sure that everybody out there who's currently smoking knows just how bloody lucky they are.
Reply 25
Original post by rachelkeira
I can't take reds, they destroy my throat and make me lose my voice :frown:
My last was about 50 mins ago, I've got enough to last me for one every 2 hours tonight, so only just over an hour until my next!
Do you not have any smoker friends that would lend you one, and you wouldn't feel bad about having one off to last you the next few hours? Or anyone that owes you one?

Nah, I live in private accom so its just me here! Closest friend lives about 40 min away, all the rest are up at campus which is like 6 min bus ride (not sure if they're running though) or a 20 min walk (it's conveniently situated on the steepest hill in all of bloody Bath). But even so, I couldn't ask anyone at this time for a fag, it'll be so random and weird. How'd you react if your friend woke you up at this time asking for a fag? :tongue:
The solution to this problem is to start rolling up various items/chemicals laying around your house and then try to smoke them, post the results!
Original post by nunugab
Nah, I live in private accom so its just me here! Closest friend lives about 40 min away, all the rest are up at campus which is like 6 min bus ride (not sure if they're running though) or a 20 min walk (it's conveniently situated on the steepest hill in all of bloody Bath). But even so, I couldn't ask anyone at this time for a fag, it'll be so random and weird. How'd you react if your friend woke you up at this time asking for a fag? :tongue:

Wow, you really are stuck then! I'd be fine with it, they wouldn't be waking me up because I don't sleep until 5/6 am usually :biggrin: so I'd gladly hand one over! Sure you don't have any at all in like, the bottom of a bag you used ages ago or something?
Original post by MonkeySee
smoke some origano

Don't do this. Seriously.

Not that I speak from experience :ninja:
Reply 29
Nah i've checked everywhere! Nothing in sight! I hate my bank, why can't transactions clear after 00:00 like all other banks!!! absolutely ridiculous!!! I don't deal with stress well... I'm freaking out!
Reply 30
Original post by gingerrama
Don't do this. Seriously.

Not that I speak from experience :ninja:

:biggrin: hahahah.
I'm not surprised you're suffering. Nicotine (or so a pharmacologist told me) is about the most addictive substance you can do to your body..

This is why I decided I was better off never even starting! x
Reply 32
Well strictly speaking you don't NEED one....nothing bad is going to happen if you wait a matter of hours. I won't give you my usual anti-smoking lecture (that usually gets me a tonne of neg rep from smokers...even though i'm right) instead I'll give some simple advice...man up! Its a matter of hours and if you really can't bear it that long then just take kat2pult's advice and sleep or simply borrow 1
Original post by nunugab
I'd just like to make sure that everybody out there who's currently smoking knows just how bloody lucky they are.

Reply 34
Original post by fire2burn
The solution to this problem is to start rolling up various items/chemicals laying around your house and then try to smoke them, post the results!

Oi, I resent that! haha.
Knew it wouldn't be long until the anti smoking brigade arrived in force! :smile:
Reply 36
Original post by gm15
Well strictly speaking you don't NEED one....nothing bad is going to happen if you wait a matter of hours. I won't give you my usual anti-smoking lecture (that usually gets me a tonne of neg rep from smokers...even though i'm right) instead I'll give some simple advice...man up! Its a matter of hours and if you really can't bear it that long then just take kat2pult's advice and sleep or simply borrow 1

Borrowing one is only an option if I walk 20 min up the hill to campus and wake up one of my friends. Clearly this is not ideal and rather disgraceful! Sleeping is also not an option because normally I can't sleep without smoking. I don't deal with anxiety and stress well thus my reaction towards not having a cigarette. I absolutely freak out. I don't want to hear your anti-smoking lectures but if you have any good advice about how to quit then you should seriously pm me!
Reply 37
Original post by rachelkeira
Knew it wouldn't be long until the anti smoking brigade arrived in force! :smile:

They're rather quick to point out how mentally weak we smokers are aren't they :biggrin:
Reply 38
Buy a pack, most shops in large cities are open 24/7
Reply 39
Original post by nunugab

I have never appreciated that last fag before bed more than I have tonight.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending