The Student Room Group

Does depression make you do crazy things?

Charlie Sheen for example. People say he's got depression, but my idea, probably out of ignorance, of someone with depression, was someone moping around unable to do anything or feel anything because of the crippling mental pain. But he is doing all kinds of ****, does depression just make you do crazy stuff you wouldn't if you weren't depressed?
Reply 1
Original post by sammynorton90
Charlie Sheen for example. People say he's got depression, but my idea, probably out of ignorance, of someone with depression, was someone moping around unable to do anything or feel anything because of the crippling mental pain. But he is doing all kinds of ****, does depression just make you do crazy stuff you wouldn't if you weren't depressed?

Many claim that Charlie Sheen is bi-polar, which means he's got great mood swings. When he's happy he's euphoric, when he's sad he's depressedm, basically.
Reply 2

Yeah, you're just ignorant.
does depression just make you do crazy stuff you wouldn't if you weren't depressed?

Well, yeah, like, you know... kill yourself.
Reply 4

Original post by Rant
Yeah, you're just ignorant.

That's why I said it, I didn't claim to be an expert did I?
Reply 5
The guy sniffs cocaine off fine ass, yet is depressed. Good golly!
Reply 6
That's why I said it, I didn't claim to be an expert did I?

No, perhaps you should educate yourself.
In short yes. Self harm, binge eating, not eating, not sleeping, extreme forms of depression can include paranoia and hallucinations as well as other 'crazy' things. Not to mention suicide etc.

I dunno if Charlie Sheen is bipolar tbh.
Reply 8

Original post by Rant
No, perhaps you should educate yourself.

which is why I'm asking this question.
Reply 9

I doubt depressed more the whole celevrity stress thing has kinda got to him. Having the media and the occassional stalker follow you around the whole time must be pretty bad.

Then again he could never work another day in his life and he'd still be able to more than what 99% of us can.
Reply 10
which is why I'm asking this question.

The good people of TSR are not exactly experts, I'm sure.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending