The Student Room Group

I need a cigarette. Now. i'm going crazy.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
OK... Here's how I cope.. Go to sleep! Try to NOT think about smoking... If you feel fidgety play with a pen or something to give your hands something to do... Eat some sweets or something... (During the day, if I can't smoke I have a **** load of coffee or tea but not a good idea to do at night...)
Reply 61
Original post by nunugab
You sound just like me! 'who cares about food, I need my ciggies!' The only downside is that imo the best ciggies are the ones taken just after food! I have like no loose change! I dont like cash, I'm a card man :biggrin:

Nah.. Best ciggies are the ones after sex :yes:, then the ones with/after (good) coffee and then with food... :tongue:

Although the one that you've been craving for hours and get some serious niccy rush from is also rather good.... (I just had that.. First smoke today (so about 13 hours..))
Reply 62
Original post by Hravan
OK... Here's how I cope.. Go to sleep! Try to NOT think about smoking... If you feel fidgety play with a pen or something to give your hands something to do... Eat some sweets or something... (During the day, if I can't smoke I have a **** load of coffee or tea but not a good idea to do at night...)

I can't sleep without smoking. It's impossible. There's no point I'll just lie there pissed off! I'm feeling stressed out and I'm really worried, or not really, but I should start my assignment but I can't, I've tried but I can't. I really, literally, really need a fag.
Reply 63
Original post by nunugab
I can't sleep without smoking. It's impossible. There's no point I'll just lie there pissed off! I'm feeling stressed out and I'm really worried, or not really, but I should start my assignment but I can't, I've tried but I can't. I really, literally, really need a fag.

If I had money I would go buy 40 cigs, go to the post office as soon as it opens and get the quickest shipping they do to get them to you as soon as possible...

Unfortunately, I have no money :sigh:

I feel your pain.... I really do...
Reply 64
Original post by Hravan
If I had money I would go buy 40 cigs, go to the post office as soon as it opens and get the quickest shipping they do to get them to you as soon as possible...

Unfortunately, I have no money :sigh:

I feel your pain.... I really do...

Its times like these that i wish I invested in an electric cigarette! :frown:
Reply 65
Original post by nunugab
Its times like these that i wish I invested in an electric cigarette! :frown:

OMG... They are good! One of my friends has one...

Something else that might be good for the future.. Get one of those nicotine help to quit inhaler things.... They don't do that much but they helped me get to sleep when I was seriously craving cigs...

Also, seriously, get an emergency stash sorted as soon as you have money again...
Reply 66
Original post by Hravan
OMG... They are good! One of my friends has one...

Something else that might be good for the future.. Get one of those nicotine help to quit inhaler things.... They don't do that much but they helped me get to sleep when I was seriously craving cigs...

Also, seriously, get an emergency stash sorted as soon as you have money again...

Definitely! Tomorrow I'm going to buy enough ciggies to last for atleast 2 months. I'm just longing for my next ciggie, it'll be so sweeeeeeeeeeet.
Reply 67
This is depressing me... I've just gathered up all the empty packs from my bags, floor, desk etc..

There are 23 empty 20 packs, 6 empty 10 packs and then there's the 1 10 pack which now has 8 in it... :sad:

I seriously need to start chucking out my empty packs....
Reply 68
Original post by Hravan
This is depressing me... I've just gathered up all the empty packs from my bags, floor, desk etc..

There are 23 empty 20 packs, 6 empty 10 packs and then there's the 1 10 pack which now has 8 in it... :sad:

You have no idea how it feels like to see all those empty packs in front of me. Or the ashtray. However the smell of the ashtray is actually deterring my craving haha. Jesus Christ, I'm definitely not going to bed.
Original post by Hravan

Or hiding ones in there for emergencies :smile:
Reply 70
Original post by rachelkeira
Or hiding ones in there for emergencies :smile:

Nah.. I have my emergency packs decided... All my empty packs from the Netherlands and Belgium are stashed around my room... They did used to have 2 or 3 cigs in them but since Thursday (when I ran out of money) I've been smoking them all.. :sigh:
Original post by Hravan
Nah.. I have my emergency packs decided... All my empty packs from the Netherlands and Belgium are stashed around my room... They did used to have 2 or 3 cigs in them but since Thursday (when I ran out of money) I've been smoking them all.. :sigh:

I use my empty packs from the Netherlands as my emergency hiding places too! It's heaven when I find out one of them is actually a real dutch cig :smile:
I'm being deadly serious when I say this - sports/exercise helped me quit (although I was never a heavy smoker - got up to around 15 a day during exam time).

It is conceivable for you to go for a run/do press ups/get in a fight/wrestle someone or just something to knacker the crap out of your body.... should be good to sleep then... for me the exercise endorphins suppressed my nicotine cravings.

If not I guess your out of options unless you have alcohol lying around.

Original post by nunugab
You have no idea how it feels like to see all those empty packs in front of me. Or the ashtray. However the smell of the ashtray is actually deterring my craving haha. Jesus Christ, I'm definitely not going to bed.
Reply 73
Original post by rachelkeira
I use my empty packs from the Netherlands as my emergency hiding places too! It's heaven when I find out one of them is actually a real dutch cig :smile:

I have one real dutch cig left...

It's a stupidly strong one as well... You know those Marly red flavour mixes packs you can get out of the vending machines there? I got some by accident...
This is why I will never smoke "ciggies".
Original post by Hravan
I have one real dutch cig left...

It's a stupidly strong one as well... You know those Marly red flavour mixes packs you can get out of the vending machines there? I got some by accident...

I have a couple.. I think... I hope :smile:
And nope, never heard of them but they sound cool! Will have to try them whenever I next go over!
Reply 76
2 hours have passed and to be honest I think I'm feeling better now. The craving is slowly starting to fade away.. I'm actually quite surprised!
Reply 77
I have found the cure: http://damnyouautocorrect.com

I can't stop laughing....
Reply 78
Original post by Hravan
I have found the cure: http://damnyouautocorrect.com

I can't stop laughing....

thx for the tip some of them are hilarious haha!
Reply 79
Original post by nunugab
2 hours have passed and to be honest I think I'm feeling better now. The craving is slowly starting to fade away.. I'm actually quite surprised!

I'm guessing that's because its rare for a smoker to be stuck unable to buy or borrow even one fag for very long...so they don't experience the fading of the craving.
(obviously i'm just guessing. As i've never smoked(apart from unavoidable passive smoking incidents). The only time i've physically touched a cigarette was litter picking.

Also part of the craving must me psychological...so if you get over that you are only left with the physical side which you can go cold turkey on if yhou have the will power
(edited 13 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending