The Student Room Group
University of Essex
University of Essex
Colchester
Visit website

Getting to Colchester campus on visit day by bus/train?

Hey everyone! :smile:
I'm going to the Essex Visit Day on Weds (16th March)
I can't drive there that day so have to get the train.
I'm coming from Romford and I can get the train to Colchester, but no idea how to get to the campus from there!
I'm told its far away and unwalkable, so what buses go to the campus or is there any other way of getting there?
Thank you :smile:
Original post by theresastar
Hey everyone! :smile:
I'm going to the Essex Visit Day on Weds (16th March)
I can't drive there that day so have to get the train.
I'm coming from Romford and I can get the train to Colchester, but no idea how to get to the campus from there!
I'm told its far away and unwalkable, so what buses go to the campus or is there any other way of getting there?
Thank you :smile:

It is comfortably walkable to be honest as it's only a few miles but if you don't know where you're going you will get lost.

You can catch the bus from directly outside the station, or get a taxi for under 10 pound.
University of Essex
University of Essex
Colchester
Visit website
Walkable? I walked into town the other day, almost died.

Get the train to colchester, switch go to hythe station. That's only like a ten minute walk from the campus.
Original post by Hawweeson Ford
Walkable? I walked into town the other day, almost died.

Get the train to colchester, switch go to hythe station. That's only like a ten minute walk from the campus.

This is more a testament to your fitness though :p:. I'm unfit and certainly didn't nearly die. It's not a small walk but a doable one in most contexts. =]

It is only my recommendation for a person with very limited funds really. I tend to bus, or taxi on other occasion.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending