The Student Room Group

Ucas - private candidate

Ok my friend is studying a levels in year 12 as a private candidate as she is home schooled. On her ucas application she doesn't know what to put under predicted grades as she doesn't have a tutor or anything. What to do?

Thanks
Reply 1
Anyone?
Reply 2
Original post by oh-my-diddy
Ok my friend is studying a levels in year 12 as a private candidate as she is home schooled. On her ucas application she doesn't know what to put under predicted grades as she doesn't have a tutor or anything. What to do?

Thanks

You could try contacting UCAS and see if they can tell you?
Reply 3
Hi,

I hope i am not to late...

I have just come across this problem. I am home studying a ICS a level and hadnt heard anything from any of my choices because a email had been sent to my referee (old head mistress) asking for a predicted grade.

After a lot of stress on my part I eventually spoke with both ICS and UCAS about the request and was told that the unis shouldnt request one if you are home studying. To help my cause I had recently sat my AS and got my result from that. I was told to speak directly to the University I was applying to, as UCAS can not change there applications and managed to pass over my recent grade which they took as my predicted grade for A Level.

I have not heard anything as to an offer or conditional offer but with the prediction the university used I do have the requested UCAS points.

I hope eveything goes well for you friend. If you have any problems do what I did contact the University directly with you UCAS ref number to had and explain the situation. Better to be as helpful to them as you can.

Good Luck

Victoria
x
Reply 4
Original post by velrichards

Original post by velrichards
Hi,

I hope i am not to late...

I have just come across this problem. I am home studying a ICS a level and hadnt heard anything from any of my choices because a email had been sent to my referee (old head mistress) asking for a predicted grade.

After a lot of stress on my part I eventually spoke with both ICS and UCAS about the request and was told that the unis shouldnt request one if you are home studying. To help my cause I had recently sat my AS and got my result from that. I was told to speak directly to the University I was applying to, as UCAS can not change there applications and managed to pass over my recent grade which they took as my predicted grade for A Level.

I have not heard anything as to an offer or conditional offer but with the prediction the university used I do have the requested UCAS points.

I hope eveything goes well for you friend. If you have any problems do what I did contact the University directly with you UCAS ref number to had and explain the situation. Better to be as helpful to them as you can.

Good Luck

Victoria
x

Ok thanks alot for your replies, i'll let her know this.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending