The Student Room Group

Bragging about marks on Facebook?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by DiZZeeKiD
It's cool if you don't like your own status afterwards.

Fixed.
Reply 21
Original post by TheSilentG
Fixed.

no lol
Original post by TheSilentG
Fixed.

Surely saying what I said in a different way? :lolwut:
Reply 23
Its only uncool if you don't like your own status afterwards.
It's cool if you like your own status afterwards.

[u crossed out the dont but changed it to cool rather than un cool?]

... are the same thing?
Reply 24
Surely saying what I said in a different way? :lolwut:

exactly! lol
Reply 25
I think its right to say...

its only cool if you don't like your own status afterwards
It's very rare for me to do it, but I got 78 for my last essay... hells yeah that gets a status. Someone atm on my fb has their grades up too.
It's sad and yes, uncool.
Original post by Vazzyb
I think its right to say...

its only cool if you don't like your own status afterwards

I was being sarcastic......:facepalm2:
Reply 29
I was being sarcastic......:facepalm2:

for what? just the sake of it? even being sarcastic has a punch line

you just made an illogical, unfunny, untrue statement
I prefer to brag if I get good marks to my parents/ friends who are studying a different subject. I think it's bad to talk among classmates about marks because it can cause unnecessary upset.
Reply 31
It's ok to brag about a mark if you got 75+ at a good institution. For e.g. I know a friend a TVU who bragged about getting 90%. He got owned. So yeah, don't do that.
Original post by Vazzyb
for what? just the sake of it? even being sarcastic has a punch line

you just made an illogical, unfunny, untrue statement

Dont cry, bro. If you don't get it, thas cool. :rolleyes:
Reply 33
When I got a good grade the other week, I told my family and good friends when they asked me. Why would I want to post it on facebook? It's my achievement and half the people on facebook wouldn't care, because not everyone on my friends list is one of my good friends.
Original post by nunugab
It's ok to brag about a mark if you got 75+ at a good institution. For e.g. I know a friend a TVU who bragged about getting 90%. He got owned. So yeah, don't do that.

I feel the urge to call bull**** but I guess I should probably ask what they're studying?

The highest mark I've gotten for an assignment is 78% and that was because the assignment was something I happened to know a great deal about and I got so into it I practically wrote a book.
Reply 35
I'll sometimes make a comment like "What a relief, another one passed and out the way" but never mention my grade unless someone then asks me about it. And then I'll say A, B, C or whatever instead of the exact percentage...
Reply 36
I wrote my grades up when I got my Advanced Higher results last year. And I wrote one about passing my first uni exams but not the grades or anything. And when I got 100% in one of my coursework last semester I wrote about that. It would bug me if people put up their grades for every single little thing they did - but no one I know does that :s-smilie: I don't mind it if they're particularly happy about getting a high mark in something or after receiving a bunch of exam results. Doesn't bother me in the slightest.
Nerd alert. Who posts their marks? I've only ever seen someone post for their results days, even then it's usually 'YES I PASSED' or at the very most 'SCREW YOU MR <NAME>, I GOT THAT A'
Reply 38
Original post by Wozzie
I feel the urge to call bull**** but I guess I should probably ask what they're studying?

The highest mark I've gotten for an assignment is 78% and that was because the assignment was something I happened to know a great deal about and I got so into it I practically wrote a book.

Thats the funny thing, he's doing law!
Reply 39
If you are proud of your marks then don't let anything change those feelings. If you feel like posting it on facebook then do it and if not then don't.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending