The Student Room Group

anti white racism. why is it accepted in british society?

why is this? answers please?

Scroll to see replies

Because white people aren't a minority in Britain.

EDIT: Apparently I have to explain this to some people. I'm white, and don't support this myself. As much as people don't want to admit it, even on TSR, this is just how it goes, and I doubt it will change.
(edited 13 years ago)
Normal people don't accept racism in any way. I haven't experienced/witnessed any racism against white people so I'm a bad person to ask really.
Reply 3
Because when it comes down to it... we pretty much run the country - monarch/house of commons/house of lords, run most major businesses, make up the majority of public and private school students and generally aren't a minority in any shape or form.

Awaiting a neg for this frankly, but it's the truth

EDIT:

Just in a response to the negs I suppose... I was not implying that I support the above status quo, merely that exists, and for me is why I feel that anti white racism is seen as more acceptable, our culture has downtrodden ethnic minorities for hundreds of years.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 4
Same reason girls can be all "Woo you go girl, girl power yeah!" and its seen as a good thing but if a man comes along and says actually no men are better at that, then suddenly he's sexist or misogynistic

Your example:

Black history month = a good thing
Man talking about the achievements of whites over other races = a white supremacist.
Does this mean that if I moved to a predominantly black country and started up some "Whites Only" groups, it'd be fine?
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 6
You might want to give an example or two, because I'm struggling to think of any.
You are bastardising the meaning of the word racism.
Original post by insoms
Same reason girls can be all "Woo you go girl, girl power yeah!" and its seen as a good thing but if a man comes along and says actually no men are better at that, then suddenly he's sexist or misogynistic

Your example:

Man talking about the achievements of whites over other races = a white supremacist.

Black History month isn't about black people talking about their achievements over other races, it's a tribute to overcoming hardship and appreciating black culture. why would anyone have a problem with it. it's not racism in anyway
Reply 9
interracial crime rates are predominately black on white. why is this covered up in the media?

why are phrases like: white flight, stale male and pale or hideously white accepted?

why are white people expected to look on as their communities are colonised by other ethnic groups and not complain?

why are white people told to accept diversity, when in reality, diversity means less white people?

why are white people reduced to white people when they in fact an ethnic group like all other ethnic groups?

why are white people offensively labelled as racist, white supremacist, stormfronters, nazis whenever they raise concerns that affect their own ethnic group?
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 10
black history is racist because it specifically highlight black achievement. it glorifies black characters.

white people are forbidden from such glorification. it is offensively and hypocritically labelled as white supremacism..........which is just another part of the anti white racism that governs british society...
Original post by mikeyd85
Does this mean that if I moved to a predominantly black country and started up some "Whites Only" groups, it'd be fine?

I doubt it.
Reply 12
A better question would be why do you people like you keep highlighting racism but yet appear to want rid of it? Racism will not go away when people keep bringing it to the front of our minds.
Original post by mikeyd85

Perhaps a white people support group. I'd see a Black's only group as racist in this country. But not some form a support group.
There will be mixed race majority in this country at some point. Get over it.
Original post by insoms

Your example:

This is just terrible.
Reply 16
''A better question would be why do you people like you keep highlighting racism but yet appear to want rid of it? Racism will not go away when people keep bringing it to the front of our minds.''

again, this is anti white racism. this kind of comment is only ever presented to white people when they raise the issue of anti white racism. this is never asked of black people when they bring up their issues with racism, for example.
Reply 17
There will be mixed race majority in this country at some point. Get over it.

even if that was true. then what has that got to do with the reality of anti white racism taking place now?
Original post by dunnicare
Perhaps a white people support group. I'd see a Black's only group as racist in this country. But not some form a support group.

How about things like play groups and schools for children?
Reply 19
Original post by dunnicare
This is just terrible.

Why.

Look past the fact that society has told you to dismiss is as racist and actually think about it for a minute why am I wrong?

Is it terrible because I've said something incorrect, or because you don't like to think about it?

Quick Reply

Latest