The Student Room Group

anti white racism. why is it accepted in british society?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by humanrights
interracial crime rates are predominately black on white. why is this covered up in the media?

why are phrases like: white flight, stale male and pale or hideously white accepted?

why are white people expected to look on as their communities are colonised by other ethnic groups and not complain?

why are white people told to accept diversity, when in reality, diversity means less white people?

why are white people reduced to white people when they in fact an ethnic group like all other ethnic groups?

why are white people offensively labelled as racist, white supremacist, stormfronters, nazis whenever they raise concerns that affect their own ethnic group?

QFT
Original post by mikeyd85

How about things like play groups and schools for children?

In Zimbabwe and South Africa white only groups do exist but they're in white neighbourhoods and usually involve upper class tea parties and the like which black Africans generally have no interest in.
some people are so thick...highlighting racism will not make it go away you say ?so we just let it continue LOL dummys
Reply 23
Because if we say anything we then become the racist ones...
there's a percentage of racism in everyone..be it 1 percent...10 percent or 100 percent...black people will be racist to your face...white people tend to do it behind ones back..
How about things like play groups and schools for children?

Separate schools based on ethnicity completely? NO!
Original post by CombineHarvester
In Zimbabwe and South Africa white only groups do exist but they're in white neighbourhoods and usually involve upper class tea parties and the like which black Africans generally have no interest in.

There's a huge difference between posh people tea party groups and minority only educational establishments tbf.
Original post by dunnicare
Separate schools based on ethnicity completely? NO!

Perhaps not ethnicity, but there certainly are some based entirely on religious groups.
Reply 28
black history is racist because it specifically highlight black achievement. it glorifies black characters.

white people are forbidden from such glorification. it is offensively and hypocritically labelled as white supremacism..........which is just another part of the anti white racism that governs british society...

White people are not forbidden from 'glorification'-you do realise we study Shakespeare, Donne, Marlowe, Marvell, Chaucer, Wilde, etc. in schools. The canon is predominantly white. Our society constantly celebrates what you'd call ''white achievement''. I haven't even mentioned history, art, philosophy and music.

To suggest that black people are portrayed as heroic contributors to society while white people are derided or ignored is simply nonsense.

There's a huge difference between posh people tea party groups and minority only educational establishments tbf.

During the apartheid this was officially the case. Nowadays it's unofficial but there is the same kind of thing, privately funded English schools where the teachers are English/European and the classes are all white.
Original post by insoms
Why.

Look past the fact that society has told you to dismiss is as racist and actually think about it for a minute why am I wrong?

Is it terrible because I've said something incorrect, or because you don't like to think about it?

LOL. It's terrible because you've missed the point completely. Nothing to do with societies expectations. Screw that. Just have an open mind. Black people have been oppressed. Black History month is celebrating the black people who fought against oppression and inequality amongst their race. It also celebrates the accomplishments black people have made since then.:rolleyes:
Reply 31
interracial crime rates are predominately black on white. why is this covered up in the media?

why are phrases like: white flight, stale male and pale or hideously white accepted?

why are white people expected to look on as their communities are colonised by other ethnic groups and not complain?

why are white people told to accept diversity, when in reality, diversity means less white people?

why are white people reduced to white people when they in fact an ethnic group like all other ethnic groups?

why are white people offensively labelled as racist, white supremacist, stormfronters, nazis whenever they raise concerns that affect their own ethnic group?

thats a whole heap of **** there son.....

also ethnic distinctions are quite clearly more complicated then "black" and "white" people.

you claim that there is a big massive wave of racism towards white people, but beyond maybe the isolated incidents that you will make up or have heard from a friend of a friend who got a dodgy look from a black guy, can you substantiate this?
Original post by Rzc
Because if we say anything we then become the racist ones...

Say's who?

This is exactly like all the "foreigners stealing christmas" and "councils hate the english - ban the flag flying during national events" stories we get every year. People claim this is the case, but I've yet to actually see it happen.

When did you last make a comment about white racism, what was it and who told you you are racist?
Reply 33
Original post by hypocriticaljap
You are bastardising the meaning of the word racism.

How, exactly? o.O

I don't think that it is particularly a hidden fact that a great deal of crime is perpetrated by young, black males. However, I think you are confusing social and economic motivating factors for committing crime, with racist motivations.

I must confess to not being overly familiar with such phrases, and not entirely sure what they mean, but I'm not a fan of casual racism, by anyone.

Your emotive language aside, I do not, as a white person, have any problems with my community becoming less white. I see no virtue in keeping a society racially pure.

This makes very little sense.

You mean like all 'asian' looking people are insulted by calling them 'Paki'? Again, this comment makes little sense.

because they generally are being racist. White people are a majority, and generally quite privileged. Those people who 'raise concerns' are doing so because they worry their white, 'british' culture is being threatened by people from other cultures. If not racism, it is at least, generally, xenophobia.
Reply 35
black history is racist because it specifically highlight black achievement. it glorifies black characters.

white people are forbidden from such glorification. it is offensively and hypocritically labelled as white supremacism..........which is just another part of the anti white racism that governs british society...

Black History Month is NOT racist.. It is a month to pay homage to all the black people that fought for the equality that we live in today, and it is a month to celebrate black culture and remember our roots, in no way have i ever seen at ANY black history month function people talking about black people being better then any other race or being racist. Its a special month for us to remember what we came from.

So what if it highlights black achievement ? .. thats not racist... And so what if we glorigy the likes of Rosa Parks, Nelson Mandela, Malcom X.. Those characters aren't soley glorified by just blacks. Alot of people of other races look up to them as the good, courageous people they are.

And no, White people aren't forbidden from such glorification, there are MANY white characters that have also done great things that everybody looks up to and respects. There just isn't a month to celebrate them.
Reply 36
Martin Luther King and Malcom X are held in higher regard in todays society than Sir Winston Churchill, this is a discrace
Reply 37
Doesn't racism imply an inherent belief of superiority of one race over another? I don't think people who are anti white believe they're superior racially to whites, they perhaps just don't like them? :dontknow:
Perhaps not ethnicity, but there certainly are some based entirely on religious groups.

That's beside what we're talking about but OK.

Some parents enter their children into religious schools because they feel normal schools may not be able to provide their children with their religious needs which is more than not eating pork but also religious texts, conduct as a person of that particular religion, the schools syllabus, and of course furthering their children's understanding of their own religion.

Although I personally feel they're not necessary, it depends on the parents really what with religious freedom and all.

There are dangers of sectarianism amongst religious schools of course but I personally believe that's something that should be regulated by the government. Checking syllabuses, making sure religious studies teaches about other religions in a non-undermining way etc.
I don't think it is ignored.
It's not made a huge issue, because it's not as widesread as other racism is/has been.
We have Black History Month because they were oppressed, to celebrate that ending.
But on the odd occassion that I've experienced someone being racist to a white person, it hasn't been tollerated.

One thing I'd like to point out though, that is slightly related, is how some white people feel they need to be "sorry" because white people oppressed the black people a long time ago. You personally don't need to be sorry!
The thing that was awful was slavery, but that didn't just happen to black people (this was majorly the case in the US, but not so much elsewhere). Back then, working-class children (of any background, mostly white) were put "into service" (slavery), and they were treated just as badly. Equally, in places like Nigeria... Middle/upper-class black people kidnapped sent into slavery other black people/children, and oppressed them.
Slavery became a major race issue, mostly because of the US, but black people weren't the only ones that this happened to. (Although it did happen there a lot longer).

I know that's not exactly related to the topic, but it's something people don't realise often. Of course black people WERE oppressed, and we should celebrate the people who thought against that, and how it's stopped.
One of the things that's ignored sometimes, or at least not in the limelight so much... Is the working-class people who fought for their rights, before it moved onto women and minority races.
(edited 13 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending