The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Official Warwick Applicants Thread 2011

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Matthias M.
Hey everybody!

I was rejected by LSE and UCL for economics....I'm not too gutted about any more, though, I don't have any offers so I am counting on Warwick!
does anyone of you know when we're likely to hear back from warwick? end of march hopefully? :smile:

cheers,
matt

I got mine's yesterday....so yeah, sometime hopefully during the end of this month. I think.
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 2081
Original post by hollercoller
I thought it strange that I had received two acknowledgements Oct and Nov and a happy christmas message and then nothing. In looking back at this thread , I saw that's people had received physics offers way back, so it was odd that I had heard nothing. I decided to email as I looked on physics web page and saw that applicants open days were between Nov and Mar, and sent enquiries to the contacts on that page. I had already emailed ugadmissions and wasn't happy with 'an out of office' reply. Hope that helps.

Ahh I might do the same, I know the open day for English and philosophy was last week :smile:
Original post by cadaeibfeceh
Sorry to butt in...

I hate my current hall-mates. I'm at the University of Liverpool at the moment hating my first year of a maths degree and so I've applied to Warwick for Film Studies and I have my interview later today but because of my halls here I've been kept up all fracking night (brownie points if you get the reference there :wink:) by drunk people shouting, banging on doors and running around, all shouting for one guy on my corridor who always gets this sort of stuff. :angry: No sleep before interview makes cadaeibfeceh an unhappy TSRian.

ANYWAY congrats to everyone who's gotten in!!!

why the big change from maths to film studies??
Original post by soczek322
why the big change from maths to film studies??

Long story short I'm changing from what other people want me to do to what I want to do :smile:
anyone received any offers for PPE?
Reply 2085
Original post by TomU
Congrats :smile:

Hopefully this signifies the first in a nice big batch of Warwick offers coming through! The daily email/track checking does become somewhat monotonous after 5 months doesn't it?

Yeah, it sure does; it was really annoying seeing that one gap that was empty for like 5 months :biggrin: And yeah, I think soon people'll be getting their decisions from Warwick and fingers crossed it'll be good news. :smile:

Original post by Doughnuts!!
:gthumb:

:congrats:

Haha, thanks. I'm so glad i've finished that frantic period of getting my Ucas App in. >_<

Original post by ilamba1
:nutcase:

HAHA, I know!!!! :biggrin:
Reply 2086
Original post by mahnoorfarushta
anyone received any offers for PPE?

I received mine on the 25th of february and applied in the mid of january. However, I'm an international student. Dunno in how far this is of importance.
Got my offer for Italian with International Studies on the 16th of march :-)

I saw that someone had asked about their app and been told that they would respond by around mid-march.

Congrats to those with offers and fingera crossed for this still waiting!
I am an international student and i applied to warwick for sociology but i still haven't gotten a reply from them despite the fact that i applied in like the first week of november. Is this normal?

Original post by .am.
I received mine on the 25th of february and applied in the mid of january. However, I'm an international student. Dunno in how far this is of importance.

Yeah I received mine in January, was just wondering what your offer was
Reply 2090
Original post by mahnoorfarushta
Yeah I received mine in January, was just wondering what your offer was

I need to obtain 1.4 in general including 12 points in maths and 11 in english in the German Abitur. It's their standard offer.

Do you know if these are overall grades in maths for example? I've read here on tsr that you don't have to achieve them in every single module but you need to have it as an average. So let's say 12, 11, 13, 12. I just want to be sure that it's sufficient as Warwick is my first choice? :smile:

Is your offer different?
mines A*AA
Reply 2092
Are there anyone still waiting for a decision for L100 Economics? I have got 4 offers now and still waiting for Warwick:eek:
Original post by s2004060
Are there anyone still waiting for a decision for L100 Economics? I have got 4 offers now and still waiting for Warwick:eek:

Lol same, though I applied for Economics and Economic History. I've been waiting on Warwick for 6 and a half months now and have got replies from all my other UCAS universities. I've sent a couple emails every now and then and only received generic unhelpful responses. It's ridiculous how long they're taking, I can only imagine how awful the wait must be for people whose first choice is Warwick.
Wow. Feels nice to hold an unconditional from Warwick now for L100 Economics!! :biggrin:

Though I'll probably reject it for UCL !

Just like LSE and Oxford rejected me! :frown:
Reply 2095
Original post by saks10111
Lol same, though I applied for Economics and Economic History. I've been waiting on Warwick for 6 and a half months now and have got replies from all my other UCAS universities. I've sent a couple emails every now and then and only received generic unhelpful responses. It's ridiculous how long they're taking, I can only imagine how awful the wait must be for people whose first choice is Warwick.

Well...I applied just before the Jan deadline so it's only been 2 months for me and luckily this is not my first choice :eek:
Original post by saks10111

6 and a half months? When did you apply, end of August?
Anybody waiting to hear from straight politics? :smile:
Reply 2098
Original post by GraceOfSpades
Anybody waiting to hear from straight politics? :smile:

Meeeeeeeee. I wish they'd just hurry up and reject me ^__^
Reply 2099
Original post by sazwich
Meeeeeeeee. I wish they'd just hurry up and reject me ^__^

same here. but I'm waiting for PAIS :s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending