The Student Room Group

anti white racism. why is it accepted in british society?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
I don't think there is 'anti white racism' in the way that you say it. This idea generally comes from some kind of conspiracy theory, wit inevitable anti-Semitism.

I do however recognise that sometimes what is claimed to be 'anti-racism' devolves into 'whitey bashing', and I personally feel this kind of approach is counter-productive, and produces reactions like the OPs, which only serve to further divide people.

Whilst I acknowledge the problems of colonialism and slavery etc, I think it should be obvious that this was not a wholly white phenomenon. The 'evil whitey' type narrative is a tired knee-jerk reaction that only serves to alienate others.

My proposition is that instead of using the past as a stick to beat the present with, as the left seems to keen to do, we should take a positive approach, and look at what we have achieved in terms of equality, and what we may have left to achieve.
Original post by humanrights
the oppression it not overt, its implied.

no other race has a liberal class that actively campaigns against their own people. why is this? what causes white people to self hate?

its the system they grow up in. the full spectrum denial and demonisiation of everything and anything that is white.

in the mainstream culture, white people are only ever mentioned in the negative. related to nazis, or slavery, or racism. they are never ever mentioned in the positive.

See, you're either just repeating random stuff from the Daily Mail, or you actually made this up.

Liberal white people don't self hate (clearly). They don't campaign against white people, they campaign for EQUALITY usually. Equality between races, sexes, and classes.

White people are always mentioned in positive contexts too. Shakespeare, Mozart, Beethoven, Churchill... etc. They are not mentioned BECAUSE they're white, but that's the way history should be. About what happened, and who did what... Regardless of their background.
Original post by Shuvel
It doesn't matter if they're a minority or not, it's still discrimination. Doesn't matter if I was to call someone the N word in Edinburgh or Cape Town, it would still be wrong. Think about it.

I know it would be wrong. The op asked why it is generally more accepted in British society and the answer is because white people are not a minority. I don't agree with it, but that's the way it is.
things are that bad. the US keep detailed records of race and crime. link here.

bjs.ojp.usdoj.gov/

85% is black on white. the amount of anti white racism in the US is at epidemic levels, and has been for decades. its one sided.

i don't blame all black people, blame racist black gangs and the racist education system and media that keeps them in a constant state of hate. i just wish more ordinary black people would speak out.

Crime rates don't prove racial motivation, and it doesn't prove that there is MAJOR one-sided racism against white people. Not at all.
Epidemic? Do you know what an epidemic is?
You seriously sound like someone from the Daily Mail
Reply 64
''See, you're either just repeating random stuff from the Daily Mail, or you actually made this up.

Liberal white people don't self hate (clearly). They don't campaign against white people, they campaign for EQUALITY usually. Equality between races, sexes, and classes.

White people are always mentioned in positive contexts too. Shakespeare, Mozart, Beethoven, Churchill... etc. They are not mentioned BECAUSE they're white, but that's the way history should be. About what happened, and who did what... Regardless of their background.''

oh dear, the daily mail card.

shakesphere is NEVER taught to white children from a white perspective. neither are any other white characters. their race is never mentioned.

as the previous poster pointed put, and which is undeniably true, liberal anti racism is simple code word for anti white. whitey bashing

white self loathing liberals are unique phenomena to white people.
(edited 13 years ago)
''See, you're either just repeating random stuff from the Daily Mail, or you actually made this up.

White people are always mentioned in positive contexts too. Shakespeare, Mozart, Beethoven, Churchill... etc. They are not mentioned BECAUSE they're white, but that's the way history should be. About what happened, and who did what... Regardless of their background.''

oh dear, the daily mail card.

shakesphere is NEVER taught to white children from a white perspective. neither are any other white characters. their race is never mentioned.

as the previous poster pointed put, and which is undeniably true, liberal anti racism is simple code word for anti white. whitey bashing

white self loathing liberals are unique phenomena to white people.

again, please quote me.

Like I said, it SHOULDN'T be taught as "shakespeare was white, he did this"... It should just be taught that he was a genius. I think the same of black history (accept for when the race is RELEVENT).

Liberal anti racism isn't just anti white, not at all. They'll tackle the issues that NEED addressing. You're just believing what you've read.
Reply 66
''Crime rates don't prove racial motivation, and it doesn't prove that there is MAJOR one-sided racism against white people. Not at all.
Epidemic? Do you know what an epidemic is
You seriously sound like someone from the Daily Mail''

daily mail card number 2.

but again, your comments are anti white. you seem to think anti white violence is ok because there is no explicit evidence that it is 'racist' in nature.

do you think it matters to victims what the motivations are?

but, a lot of its is racist in nature anyway, but even if it wasn't, then what difference does it make?

here we have a clear inequality. one ethnic group violently attacking another...........and your response is to wave it away as' daily mail'

thats racism.
Reply 67
Like I said, it SHOULDN'T be taught as "shakespeare was white, he did this"... It should just be taught that he was a genius. I think the same of black history (accept for when the race is RELEVENT).

Liberal anti racism isn't just anti white, not at all. They'll tackle the issues that NEED addressing. You're just believing what you've read.

so why are blacks allowed then to be taught from a racial perspective?

its hypocritical....and racist.

liberals exist. i didn't read it anywhere i encounter self loathing white liberals all the time. funny, because many left leaning non whites i encounter usually do not hate their race, but they so hate white people....why is this?
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 68
'shakesphere is NEVER taught to white children from a white perspective. neither are any other white characters. their race is never mentioned'

lol, wow.

a) What is a ''white perspective''?
b) I don't think anyone needs telling that King Lear is white. I mean, it's pretty obvious. Having said that, Shakespeare can be used by many different cultures (which is one of the reasons as to why he's so amazing), so Lear doesn't necessarily have to be white in every staging of the play.
c) What would 'this character is WHITE, EVERYBODY! WHITE!' add to the study of the play or the characters? How ridiculous...
d) Again, what's the point in mentioning their race? I doubt writing 'Lear is white' would earn me any marks in the exam or demonstrate my aptitude for critical appreciation. As if discussing Lear's skin colour will really be my priority over the themes of the human condition, power, conflict between good and evil etc.

Please learn to spell Shakespeare correctly before you decide to treat his work as documents of white supremacy.

(I did say I was going to stop debating this with you, but your mention of Shakespeare demands an explanation)
(edited 13 years ago)
daily mail card number 2.

but again, your comments are anti white. you seem to think anti white violence is ok because there is no explicit evidence that it is 'racist' in nature.

do you think it matters to victims what the motivations are?

but, a lot of its is racist in nature anyway, but even if it wasn't, then what difference does it make?

here we have a clear inequality. one ethnic group violently attacking another...........and your response is to wave it away as' daily mail'

thats racism.

seriously. Start quoting me or I won't be replying, because I'm not gonna keep working out if it's supposed to be addressed to me.

My comments weren't anti-white at all.
If a black person attacks a white person... It might not be because they're white! That's my point. There's no proof saying that it IS because of this... So your statistics don't prove that there is major racism towards white people only.
Of course violence towards ANYONE is horrible, I didn't saying anything about this not being the case.
My point is your statistics don't actually prove your point... Of course the violence needs to be stopped, but it happens on both sides still.
We need to address violence in general, and not just point fingers about it being racist, because there's no proof that it is.
Reply 70
Original post by Dream Weaver
I know it would be wrong. The op asked why it is generally more accepted in British society and the answer is because white people are not a minority. I don't agree with it, but that's the way it is.

Ah sorry thought you were saying simply that you couldn't be racist against a majority and jumped to conclusions, I'd agree. I think racism is as much to do with group psychology as to do with the colour of someones skin.
Original post by insoms
Same reason girls can be all "Woo you go girl, girl power yeah!" and its seen as a good thing but if a man comes along and says actually no men are better at that, then suddenly he's sexist or misogynistic

Your example:

Black history month = a good thing
Man talking about the achievements of whites over other races = a white supremacist.

But it's girls and blacks who have historically been repressed in society, who have had more of a struggle.
Original post by SophiaKeuning
But it's girls and blacks who have historically been repressed in society, who have had more of a struggle.

and the working-class :smile:
well, i'm not sure there's much point in continuing this debate, as you are quite clearly planted in your camp. but, just for the sake of it...

this is standard anti white excuse to justify and explain away disproportionate levels of interracial crime.

the majority of racist murder victims are also white.......and no, its not because they are the majority.

it is not an excuse. it is a fact, researched carefully by people whose sources extend beyond the tabloids and Nick Griffin. motivating factors for crime are usually social and economic, and any correlation with ethnicity is down to the fact that certain ethnic groups have higher levels of social and economic deprivation. Racism, from the perspective of 'white people have more money, let's rob them' might be in there too, but I think the whole picture is more subtle than you believe it to be.

again, racist anti implications by equating white ethnic interests with racial purity. you are offensively linking white people with nazis.

whats wrong with white people? why do you want to see white people become a minority group in their own historical homeland?

Why don't you want white people to become a minority in their 'historical homeland'? What is so special about white people, that we need to keep places white? I don't think 'white culture', whatever the hell that is, is particularly disappearing. I think it is enriched for immigration and other cultures, because I find them interesting.

I don't think I am 'offensively linking white people with nazis'. You are concerned that white areas are becoming less white...i said I don't see what the virtue is in keeping areas just white. you made the nazi link, not I.

see your above quite. you have just said you have no problem with 'diversity' ie, less white people.

I don't. and I still don't understand what your problem is with it. What do you consider to be a 'diverse' society?

no, no at all. white people are an ethnic group. like asian or like blacks or jews. and as an ethnic group, white people have interests. and like all other ethnic groups like have human right to express those interests.

and, apart from staying in all white areas, what do you consider to be 'white interests'? I just think that white people feel overly victimised. we are a majority 'race', who by and large is extremely privileged with little to grumble about. we have not been systematically oppressed, victimised, enslaves, eradicated like other minority races. our 'interests' are less prominent because we have less of a battle to fight. It is my own personal view that white people feel victimised because they are losing their position of unassailable power which they have held for several centuries, and they DON'T LIKE IT!

its not in white peoples interests to be colonised by other ethnic groups. immigration is ok, but large scale immigration is colonisiation.

if you agree with large scale mass immigration then you are an anti white racist.

Why is it not in my interests? what are you scared of? this is the thing...'pro-white' or whatever you want to call yourselves, groups have failed to actually state a case with proper reasoning. it's just 'bad' that we are being 'taken over' by ethnic minorities. but why? just keeping ourselves as a primarily 'white' society? that sounds racist to me...sorry. and on top of this, much of the 'mass immigration' that pro-white groups are against are by EU migrants...who are white. so this is a nationalistic thing, really, not a 'pro-white' issue.

and by the by...how can i be racist against my own ethnic group?
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 74
There are catatrophic scenerios happening in the world and all you care about is racism. So pathetic. :frown:
Reply 75
Mirza01--

you are missing my point. i am saying, if black kids get to have black history month, which is in essence racial pride month.

then why not whites?

either abolish black history month, change its format or have a specific white history month.
Reply 76
My comments weren't anti-white at all.
If a black person attacks a white person... It might not be because they're white! That's my point. There's no proof saying that it IS because of this... So your statistics don't prove that there is major racism towards white people only.
Of course violence towards ANYONE is horrible, I didn't saying anything about this not being the case.
My point is your statistics don't actually prove your point... Of course the violence needs to be stopped, but it happens on both sides still.
We need to address violence in general, and not just point fingers about it being racist, because there's no proof that it is.

85% of interracial crime is black on white.

its racist to suggest that it is not racism. imagine if 85% was white on black? you obviously would not be saying.........oh, well it happens on both sides.

but, i say again, the motivations are irrelevant. you think it matters to a rape or murder victims what the motivations are?

no.

downplaying the anti white violence in america is racism.
Reply 77
Original post by JW92
You might want to give an example or two, because I'm struggling to think of any.

This. I can't think of any examples of racism against white people in Britain.
Emaemmaemily

you raise another issue that highlights anti white racism-- which is, the absurd historical inaccuracies that surround the slave trade that tacitly blame white people collectively for slavery.

transatlantic slavery would not have possibly if black tribal leaders were not prepared to sell their captives as slaves.

transatlantic slave trade was a private enterprise, conducted by private european traders and african tribal leaders.

white people did not enslave africans collectively, is anything, black people are collectively responsible as they colluded asa collective in the capture and selling of the salves. white people only got involved collectively to abolish the private trade.

when the first european trader purchased the first black slaves, he did so because a complex slave system already existed on the continent, and the europeans simply expanded it because of increased demand.

they did not start it they did not invent it. but they did end end.

only from the racist anti white history, no one would ever know any of this.

You don't know what you are talking about. White people aren't the only ones blamed for the slave trade. If you look at some african american and caribbean societies, the people often look towards the africans that sold them as the same as the whites that enslaved them. This is rare, but it happens.

Also regarding black history month, nearly everything we learn in schools is 'white history'. If you want to get rid of black history month, then these topics should be integrated into the curriculum. Perhaps if more world history was taught in schools i.e. the history of several different cultures and societies, then we wouldn't need months aimed these topics.
Reply 79
t is not an excuse. it is a fact, researched carefully by people whose sources extend beyond the tabloids and Nick Griffin. motivating factors for crime are usually social and economic, and any correlation with ethnicity is down to the fact that certain ethnic groups have higher levels of social and economic deprivation. Racism, from the perspective of 'white people have more money, let's rob them' might be in there too, but I think the whole picture is more subtle than you believe it to be.

again, like i said to the other poster, motivation makes no difference to the victim.

the majority of racist victims in britain are white. so whats the motivation behind that? your not going to try and explain that away are you?

Why don't you want white people to become a minority in their 'historical homeland'? What is so special about white people, that we need to keep places white? I don't think 'white culture', whatever the hell that is, is particularly disappearing. I think it is enriched for immigration and other cultures, because I find them interesting.

I don't think I am 'offensively linking white people with nazis'. You are concerned that white areas are becoming less white...i said I don't see what the virtue is in keeping areas just white. you made the nazi link, not I.

again, you dont even know what white people are. white people are ethnic europeans. this is europe. europe is the homeland of ethnic europeans. ie, white people.

white people are not special, but they do have aright to remain the majority group on their own continent.

by reducing white people to skin colour, you negate everything else about them......such as their right to homeland.

which was one of my original points. reducing white people to skin colour is racist.

''I don't. and I still don't understand what your problem is with it. What do you consider to be a 'diverse' society?

no problem but diversity means less white people. so why would white people celebrate less white people? do blacks celebrate less black people in africa? do chinese celebrate less chinese people in china?

no.

and, apart from staying in all white areas, what do you consider to be 'white interests'? I just think that white people feel overly victimised. we are a majority 'race', who by and large is extremely privileged with little to grumble about. we have not been systematically oppressed, victimised, enslaves, eradicated like other minority races. our 'interests' are less prominent because we have less of a battle to fight. It is my own personal view that white people feel victimised because they are losing their position of unassailable power which they have held for several centuries, and they DON'T LIKE IT!

for, the first white interest, is not to have britain ethnically transplanted into anon white, ie, ethnically non european homeland.

another white interest would be to deal with interracial crime rates, which disproportionally affect white people.

in the past, whites have been oppressed by all sorts of groups. the arabs enslaved, raped and pillaged their way across the old christian white world for centuries. enslaving millions of white christians in the process. white people fought the oppression finally defeating it at the battle of le panto.

but, again, you show you have no understand of what white people are. losing power where?.........where exactly are white people losing power exactly? in europe.

are black peopel losing power in africa> chinese in china? asians in asia?

no, as usual, its only white people expected to celebrate racial suicide.

Why is it not in my interests? what are you scared of? this is the thing...'pro-white' or whatever you want to call yourselves, groups have failed to actually state a case with proper reasoning. it's just 'bad' that we are being 'taken over' by ethnic minorities. but why? just keeping ourselves as a primarily 'white' society? that sounds racist to me...sorry. and on top of this, much of the 'mass immigration' that pro-white groups are against are by EU migrants...who are white. so this is a nationalistic thing, really, not a 'pro-white' issue.

and by the by...how can i be racist against my own ethnic group?

this comment validates my feeling that white people are the inferior race.

only the white race produces such absurd defeatism.....its beyond belief. it really is........why does it matter if white people taken over by ethnic minorities???

why does it matter if britain remains a primarily white ( ie, european.) society??.....and then you go on to call a majority white society racist.

i'm speechless.

the easiest way to answer this stuff is just to ask you the question: does everything you have just said apply to non white societies as well?

example, is it ok for white people to go and take over.........pakistan. colonise it. ethnically replace the pakistani people. call the pakistani people racist for not wanting to be colonised?

its possible to be against your own ethnic group. you clearly are.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending