The Student Room Group

Film Fanatics - Chat Thread II

Scroll to see replies

Life's been a bit quiet on the film front lately...stupid uni sucking my life away! :no:

Watched The Weather Man this morning as procrastination though. I usually find Nicholas Cage annoying for some reason, but quite enjoyed the film though. Makes you think about grown up life and all that, especially as I'm about to leave the uni bubble myself.

Managed to finally see the Social Network as well, and really enjoyed it. In fact it was so good that it didn't even feel like two hours long, doesn't happen often. Speaking of Jesse Eisenberg (kind of), anyone seen Adventureland? Worth a watch?
Going to watch Limitless tonight. I have high hopes.
Original post by Phalanges

I'm sure you'll let us know.

Whenever i see the adverts my hopes for it raise and i know i'm going to cave in and go see it soon despite my lack of funds :emo:
Reply 163
Recently watched 'The Resident'. :lolwut: Was very.... interesting.
Want to watch 'The kids are alright' looks pretty good, cool that Josh Hutcherson's in it
Original post by Phalanges

fan of Bradley Cooper?
Original post by lukejoshjedi

fan of Bradley Cooper?

Have been since Kitchen Confidential, a doomed sitcom on FOX.
fan of Bradley Cooper?

Who isn't a fan of Bradley Cooper?
I just watched Incendiary. Has anyone else seen it? I thought it was a bit rubbish. Interesting to make a film on the topic of terrorism, but to make it ridiculously unrealistic and a little confusing at times was a mistake.

Michelle Williams' London accent was really impressive, though!
Reply 169
Oh yeah, I saw You Will Meet A Tall Dark Stranger last night. Really liked it, only negative was Naomi Watts who I thought was terrible. But definitely a winner from Woody Allen this time, he's been so hit and miss for the past ten years.
Reply 170
Original post by aja89
Oh yeah, I saw You Will Meet A Tall Dark Stranger last night. Really liked it, only negative was Naomi Watts who I thought was terrible. But definitely a winner from Woody Allen this time, he's been so hit and miss for the past ten years.

He's been hit and miss since Hannah and Her Sisters, tbh, and arguably earlier. His only good films of the last decade were probably Match Point and Vicky Cristina Barcelona. Still, it's good to hear he's back on track, if the film is indeed as good as you claim. :yy:
Original post by cambo211
Who isn't a fan of Bradley Cooper?

Well played Cambo, well played :cool:
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
Tempted to watch Inception and then Monsters Inc.

Or I could do some Jurisprudence reading...

Nah. :awesome:

Watch Memento, then Inception... then Southland Tales (a movie I still don't really understand, it's trippy but not in an intelligent way, it's just confusing) and your mind will asplode
Tempted to watch Inception and then Monsters Inc.

Or I could do some Jurisprudence reading...

Nah. :awesome:

Definitely Inception and Monsters Inc! :biggrin:

That reminds me, I said I'd write a review of Inception, didn't I? Oops.
Are you sure those movies can make your mind 'asplode'?

Watch Lost Highway, Mulholland Drive and Inland Empire and your mind will ... well there are no words. :colonhash:

Figuratively anyway, like the way I felt just seconds after getting out of my seat at the cinema when inception finished, just like..... woah

haha, sounds nice - btw The Rock and Sarah Michelle Gellar are in Southland tales if you haven't seen it.. tis quite funny too.

Brief Synopsis: Southland Tales is an ensemble piece set in the futuristic landscape of Los Angeles on July 4, 2008, as it stands on the brink of social, economic and environmental disaster. Boxer Santaros is an action star who's stricken with amnesia. His life intertwines with Krysta Now, an adult film star developing her own reality television project, and Ronald Taverner, a Hermosa Beach police officer who holds the key to a vast conspiracy

Oh and The Hobbit has officially started filming, LOTR fans rejoice
When I watched Eraserhead, Mulholland Drive and Inland Empire recently, I morphed into the wall and we became a conscious whole.
Original post by Madjackismad
When I watched Eraserhead, Mulholland Drive and Inland Empire recently, I morphed into the wall and we became a conscious whole.

Eraserhead, another brain melting film... Donnie Darko too? I should really make a list of these kind of films and watch them all one night,
Eraserhead, another brain melting film... Donnie Darko too? I should really make a list of these kind of films and watch them all one night,

Nah, compared to Lynch, Donnie Darko is nothing. You figure it out by the time you've watched it a third time any way. :p:
Today's voting, part 1 is live ... but how do you vote? Nothing appears for me. :sad:

http://uk.io9.com/5784068/io9s-march-movie-madness-second-round-blade-runner-vs-ghostbusters

]

You have to access it through the new redesigned site unfortunately.

http://io9.com/#!5784068/io9s-march-movie-madness-second-round-blade-runner-vs-ghostbusters

The Gawker redesign is crap and a lot of regulars use the uk. alternative to get round it, but it doesn't appear to work for the polls.
Nobody posts for nearly an hour then 3 members post within the same minute? :mute:

Original post by mimimimi
Definitely Inception and Monsters Inc! :biggrin:

That reminds me, I said I'd write a review of Inception, didn't I? Oops.

Ended up going with Kill Bill Volume 2 and Monsters Inc. Saving Inception for the summer. :teeth:

Original post by cambo211
You have to access it through the new redesigned site unfortunately.

http://io9.com/#!5784068/io9s-march-movie-madness-second-round-blade-runner-vs-ghostbusters

The Gawker redesign is crap and a lot of regulars use the uk. alternative to get round it, but it doesn't appear to work for the polls.

Ah, thanks!

This is going to be difficult. :holmes:
(edited 13 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest