The Student Room Group

anti white racism. why is it accepted in british society?

Scroll to see replies

Because whites suck (Im white)
Reply 101
Original post by Lewroll
I just realised I haven't flirted with you yet on TSR. Sorry about that.

Hi there :smug:

Oh Em Gee! Freaking finally!

Why hello there :sexface:
Original post by humanrights
problem is, anti white racist attitudes are validated by the prevailing politically correct culture, where as other forms of racism are not.

I disagree. I've heard people say 'all black people are criminals' more times then I've heard 'all white people are slave traders'. I think its all in your head. Yes, black history month shouldn't be there in its current form. Instead world history should be taught in schools so that children will have knowledge on a range of cultures and issues. However the way you put your point across is ridiculous, which is why no sane person will agree with you.
You guys should try livin in South Africa...
Reply 104
I disagree. I've heard people say 'all black people are criminals' more times then I've heard 'all white people are slave traders'. I think its all in your head. Yes, black history month shouldn't be there in its current form. Instead world history should be taught in schools so that children will have knowledge on a range of cultures and issues. However the way you put your point across is ridiculous, which is why no sane person will agree with you.

but you haven't heard that in mainstream discourse.......unless you heard it on the bbc in a drama about white racism.

you are far more likely to hear on TV something about slavery, its a constant drip drip of misinformation and bigotry.

political correctness is incapable of not blaming white people. its in the dna of modern politically correct discourse to blame white people.

my points are valid but more important, they are moderate.

but, i recognise that britain is an extremist politically correct state, so i can imagine why they would sound ridiculous to some.
Reply 105
You guys should try livin in South Africa...

true. anti white violence in south africa is even worse than in america.
Original post by Dream Weaver
Because white people aren't a minority in Britain.

That's not a justification for racism :facepalm:
Dammit, where is "Nigerianstudent" when you need him.

Gawd.
but you haven't heard that in mainstream discourse.......unless you heard it on the bbc in a drama about white racism.

you are far more likely to hear on TV something about slavery, its a constant drip drip of misinformation and bigotry.

political correctness is incapable of not blaming white people. its in the dna of modern politically correct discourse to blame white people.

my points are valid but more important, they are moderate.

but, i recognise that britain is an extremist politically correct state, so i can imagine why they would sound ridiculous to some.

I am not saying racism against white people doesn't exist, because that would be ignorant. I am simply saying you are making the issue seem a lot larger than it actually is, especially in western countries where the majority of the population are white. An asian or black person is likely to experience much more racism than a white person. Racism as a whole needs to be addressed, not just that against whites.
Reply 109
I've just had a conversation about this. My friend thinks my group of friends think we are better than everyone else because we are the asian group. I find this shocking because I thought it was clear that we take the mick out of OURSELVES and our OWN race and there are white and black people in our group as well (it's barely an asian majority). We take the mick out of 'freshies' and asian chavs as well as asian parents, etc. It's actually pissed me off because we've not said anything racist and everything we say is clearly a joke. Racism is wrong on all counts.
Original post by imperial maniac
That's not a justification for racism :facepalm:

I didn't say it was and I've already explained it. I don't agree with it, I'm white myself. It is just the way it is, and I doubt it will change.
As a White, I can safely say the following. Generally White people experience the least amount of racism than any other race in England. Obviously because this country is predominantly White. People need to realise that Black and Asian receive the most amount of racism in society. Of course, White people experience racism, but trust me there is no comparison.
Original post by Dream Weaver
I didn't say it was and I've already explained it. I don't agree with it, I'm white myself. It is just the way it is, and I doubt it will change.

So to conclude:

Everyone is racist, but everyone pretends not to be racist to avoid offending anyone.

Marvellous.
Reply 113
An asian or black person is likely to experience much more racism than a white person.

the majority of racist murder and violence is committed against white people.

''Figures recently published under the Freedom of Information Act seem to support such fears: of the 58 people killed because of the colour of their skin between 1995 and 2004, almost half were described as white.

The British Crime Survey reveals that in 2004, 87,000 people who described themselves as black or minority ethnic (BME) had been victims of what they believed was a racially motivated crime. They had suffered 49,000 violent attacks, with 4,000 being wounded.

At the same time a staggering 92,000 white people also said that racism was the cause of an attack or crime they had suffered. The number of violent attacks against whites reached 77,000, while the number of white people who reported being wounded was five times the number of black and minority ethnic victims at 20,000.''

timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/article633759.ece?token=null&offset=12&page=2

most violence is committed by street thugs. its not the collective black or asian community committing the violence.

but, politically correct society refuses to deal with the minority of street thugs committing the violence which in turn damages relations between all people.

thsi si wher
Reply 114
white. People need to realise that Black and Asian receive the most amount of racism in society. Of course, White people experience racism, but trust me there is no comparison.

no, trust the crime statistics.

Figures recently published under the Freedom of Information Act seem to support such fears: of the 58 people killed because of the colour of their skin between 1995 and 2004, almost half were described as white.

The British Crime Survey reveals that in 2004, 87,000 people who described themselves as black or minority ethnic (BME) had been victims of what they believed was a racially motivated crime. They had suffered 49,000 violent attacks, with 4,000 being wounded.

At the same time a staggering 92,000 white people also said that racism was the cause of an attack or crime they had suffered. The number of violent attacks against whites reached 77,000, while the number of white people who reported being wounded was five times the number of black and minority ethnic victims at 20,000.
Reply 115
also, what people ned to realise is that lot of asian on black, or black on asian racist crime takes place.

so, the 77,000 figure does not necessarily mean it was committed by white people.

these are extremely worrying figures. made worse by the fact that most people think the majority of racism is committed against blacks and asians.

whats going to happen if white people ever become a minority?
Because non whites can insult white people so hurtfully.

Don't get me started on honky and cracka.

I picture a scene something like this.

*Hard black voice* "Hey you. Yeah you you whitey with your white skin that's so shiny and white. Trash."

if you agree with large scale mass immigration then you are an anti white racist.

This should have ended the thread haha
Because the white people are just to chilled to care.

Plus us white British take the piss out of every single nationality in the entire world and just cant understand why they get so offended. The truth behind it is we are the most awesome set of people ever and it is our ability to laugh at ourselves that makes everyone else so pissed off.

Hence the reason we tolerate it is because deep down inside, all nationalities are secretly jealous of our brilliance :biggrin:
the majority of racist murder and violence is committed against white people.

''Figures recently published under the Freedom of Information Act seem to support such fears: of the 58 people killed because of the colour of their skin between 1995 and 2004, almost half were described as white.

At the same time a staggering 92,000 white people also said that racism was the cause of an attack or crime they had suffered. The number of violent attacks against whites reached 77,000, while the number of white people who reported being wounded was five times the number of black and minority ethnic victims at 20,000.''

most violence is committed by street thugs. its not the collective black or asian community committing the violence.

but, politically correct society refuses to deal with the minority of street thugs committing the violence which in turn damages relations between all people.

thsi si wher

Firstly the attacks have to be looked at in terms of population size. Secondly, this is just racist attacks, racism occurs in other parts of society where whites are unlikely to ever experience it, such as in employment. Also, consider the fact that white people have more opportunity in societies and that ethnic minorities often live in poor areas. Obviously as I said racism is bad on either side but as a whole, in all western countries the problem will be greater for ethnic minorities than for white people. This is obvious. Lack of opportunity + poor environment will equal a more violent community with more crime.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending