The Student Room Group

'Worst song ever' gets 29m views after going viral

A song by a 13-year-old American teenager has gone viral on the internet after being widely described as the worst one ever recorded.

Rebecca Black's pop song called Friday has been viewed on YouTube more than 29 million times.

It has trended on Twitter and been the subject of huge online comment and discussion.

That's mainly because it's been derided by millions of people for what they say are its awful lyrics.

Ones like "yesterday was Thursday Thursday, today it is Friday Friday", "gotta get down to the bus stop, gotta get my bus, i see my friends" and "we we we so excited, we so excited".

People have been quick to criticise the song for more than just its words.

The teenager's heavily auto tuned singing and video have also been labelled as terrible.

Future stars
The song was produced by Los Angeles-based Ark Music Factory which describes itself as an independent record label.

On its website it says its main objective is to discover future number one artists and produce the next outstanding star.

Rebecca's profile page on the site describes her as "a fun loving, 13-year-old".

"She loves to sing, dance and act, and she is always looking to try something new," it says.

"She landed the lead role in her school musical, Oklahoma!"

There are many parents willing to pay whatever it takes to make their children become the next Justin Bieber.

The now internationally-recognised number one star was discovered on YouTube and later signed by Usher.

In this case though, despite the criticism, Rebecca Black may have the last laugh.

Tweeting on 15 March she said: "My song Friday is now available on iTunes !!! Thank you all for your support. xoxo <3 :smile:".

It's now entered the iTunes chart and by Monday lunchtime (21 March) had reached the number 25 spot.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/12784330

(edited 13 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Dead horse.
Perhaps illegal downloading is a good thing. If we all download illegally, record companies will lose money and then they will stop signing piece of **** artists like this.
Original post by Sushidelight

A song by a 13-year-old American teenager has gone viral on the internet after being widely described as the worst one ever recorded.

Rebecca Black's pop song called Friday has been viewed on YouTube more than 29 million times.

It has trended on Twitter and been the subject of huge online comment and discussion.

That's mainly because it's been derided by millions of people for what they say are its awful lyrics.

Ones like &quot;yesterday was Thursday Thursday, today it is Friday Friday&quot;, &quot;gotta get down to the bus stop, gotta get my bus, i see my friends&quot; and &quot;we we we so excited, we so excited&quot;.

People have been quick to criticise the song for more than just its words.

The teenager's heavily auto tuned singing and video have also been labelled as terrible.

Future stars
The song was produced by Los Angeles-based Ark Music Factory which describes itself as an independent record label.

On its website it says its main objective is to discover future number one artists and produce the next outstanding star.

Rebecca's profile page on the site describes her as &quot;a fun loving, 13-year-old&quot;.

&quot;She loves to sing, dance and act, and she is always looking to try something new,&quot; it says.

&quot;She landed the lead role in her school musical, Oklahoma!&quot;

There are many parents willing to pay whatever it takes to make their children become the next Justin Bieber.

The now internationally-recognised number one star was discovered on YouTube and later signed by Usher.

In this case though, despite the criticism, Rebecca Black may have the last laugh.

Tweeting on 15 March she said: &quot;My song Friday is now available on iTunes !!! Thank you all for your support. xoxo &lt;3 :smile:&quot;.

It's now entered the iTunes chart and by Monday lunchtime (21 March) had reached the number 25 spot.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/12784330

Yeah it's worse than that tiny tempah shizzle.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 4
:rofl: great pics there
Old news.
Reply 6
I'm proud to say that I have never heard this song. And I shall keep it that way.
Original post by Lewroll
Perhaps illegal downloading is a good thing. If we all download illegally, record companies will lose money and then they will stop signing piece of **** artists like this.

I don't think she was signed, I think her parents paid a record company to bring out a single for her ... then this happened. :eek:
Reply 8
Original post by Genocidal
I'm proud to say that I have never heard this song. And I shall keep it that way.

This version is much better....

What a hero. :love:
I can't remember the exact post on Youtube, but I remember dying with laughter after reading some guy rant about her only to end with "she is nothing more than a swamp donkey."
Reply 10

Hilarious :rofl:
Reply 11
This may well be the worst song ever written & performed.
I feel quite sorry for her - she's only 13. She didn't write the song though; she only sang it.
Reply 13
'Getting down on fried egg'? Sounds messy...
I still cannot get over these photos hahahaha.....

Just been laughing to myself for about five minutes at those pics haha
What I don't get is how 13 year olds are driving and going nightclubbing?
Dead horse? OP you are flogging the fossilized remains of a prehistoric horse skeleton!!!!!
Thought this was funny:

Original post by ArcadiaHouse
I don't think she was signed, I think her parents paid a record company to bring out a single for her ... then this happened. :eek:

Really? :facepalm:

When I first heard this song, blood started to leak out of my ears :afraid:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending