The Student Room Group

Things that didn't hurt as much as you expected

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Blood tests: Really quite painless.
Tragus/Rim ear piercings: Again painless (Until my tragus got infected, then it was agony)
Implant (contraceptive) insertion & Removal: Again, completely painless.

However, on the opposite end of the spectrum, things that were just 'A slight discomfort' which actually meant 'Agony for days'?
- IUD insertion & recovery (Then following periods)
- Having my tooth out when I was younger: I think the anesthetic started to wear off too quick.
Impaled my foot on a rusty spike last year - didn't hurt, just ached a bit later.

Getting punched in the face doesn't hurt that much either.
Original post by Wilzyy
Those tricky horses...
Don't scare me lol, I think i need these before my holiday :frown:

haha yeah silly beasts :wink: but you gotta love em!

oo where you off too?
I think it's because I lived in Cyprus and because it's so hot there they have to keep all their meds and stuff in a fridge and it always hurts more when they're cold
xx
Heart transplant

for real.
Original post by Willum Infanta
Touching the electric wire fence around a horse field near my dads house, all it did was make my arm fly back and make it feel really 'creaky'

I've always wanted to do that, but I can never bring myself to. :colondollar:
All the vaccine injections I've had,nearly every time I get nervous and worked up then its not bad at all.When I was in the hospital and had to have blood taken,it was done through my hand and it didnt hurt much either,just an uncomfortable under the skin tugging feeling.
Smear test :p: Told horror stories and it was fine....
Reply 47
Being bummed - quite nice actually.
Reply 48

Paintball.

Went once, was so scared I just hid behind stuff the whole time and just shot people from my relative safety, next time I just played properly and wasn't that bad.

Repeatedly or from quite close can be pretty horrendous though.
Original post by Expecto_Patronum

The cervical cancer jabs that all the girls in my year had last year. Don't know what everybody was complaining about; they were fine!

I thought this too, until their aftermath.

Promptly after about 5 or so minutes each time, I'd stand up, intend to walk to my next class... and then find myself lying on the floor. -.- Hate fainting.
Original post by SophiaKeuning
I've always wanted to do that, but I can never bring myself to. :colondollar:

You really should, it was pretty fun seeing your arms shoot back.

Me and my stepbrother dared each other :ahee:
losing my vcard.
Reply 52
When I had braces. I heard tales of how it hurt to have them put on, tightened, and taken off. But none of the process hurt me in the slightest.
Having my helix peircing,
The HPV jab,
Walking into concreate bridge, I got a wicked lump, but was relatively pain free

However, my yellow fever jab was nasty, I actually pulled my arm off the needle it hurt so much when she put in in!
Original post by Lily Academia
I thought this too, until their aftermath.

Promptly after about 5 or so minutes each time, I'd stand up, intend to walk to my next class... and then find myself lying on the floor. -.- Hate fainting.

Ouch. That sucks, poor you!

I actually found that I was really hyperactive just after I'd had the jab, and ended up skipping to my next lesson...
Reply 55
Walking barefoot through broken glass this Sunday morning just gone. I know people walk on nails etc but I assumed it would hurt a lot more.

.. Could have been the alcohol though :colondollar:
Open heart surgery - piece of cake
breaking my leg, teachers tried to get me to walk it off.

Ouch. That sucks, poor you!

I actually found that I was really hyperactive just after I'd had the jab, and ended up skipping to my next lesson...

I always try to do this - after the 2nd injection at school however, friends have restrained me. Not without me muttering.
Reply 59
Pretending that scaffolding in school were monkey bars, and swinging off them (stupid i know) which led to me then falling from quite high up onto my back, everyone was ridiculously worried about me but I just got up and carried on walking
Oh the stupidities of year 9, looking back, it was so stupid, could have really hurt myself!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending