The Student Room Group

What do i do?!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
So any idea how i get my app built up

Original post by dmz

do some volunteering and with something you find interesting and fun. Go look at what kind of flyers are set up in the library :dontknow:

take a writing course in how to write the best ps in the world? :pierre:

or you know just do something you are passionate about and that you can talk about later in your ps, and check of the list of leadership-role, responsibility, work exp, communication skills etc. Dunno it really depends on your current qualifications and your ps and what you would like to do and how much time you are ready to spend. How you could improve really and how you can do that efficiently, not good if you spend 5 hours a day on something that is just making you stressed out and dislike life just because you want to get into medicine... do something you enjoy and you think you can benefit from :smile:
Original post by Tariq786
I don't think you can. I heard that A* can only be achieved if you get over 90% in your first attemp.

I've heard something about one exam board's geography course not allowing it. It sounds too specific to be true, so I call bull****
Original post by dmz

There might be a chance for you to do some extra projects with the uni that could be medically related. This could help. I know nothing else regarding this. Sorry.

Be a nerd and aim for a first.

Perhaps before you submit your application do some volunteering in Africa or something. Teach English abroad. Tutor A-level/GCSE students (some good side money as well aside from your pimping :lolwut:). Do all these things, reflect on them well, get a good GAMSAT, BMAT and/or UKCAT and I'll make a medical school just so I can have you.:tongue:
Reply 24
Original post by dunnicare
There might be a chance for you to do some extra projects with the uni that could be medically related. This could help. I know nothing else regarding this. Sorry.

Be a nerd and aim for a first.

Perhaps before you submit your application do some volunteering in Africa or something. Teach English abroad. Tutor A-level/GCSE students (some good side money as well aside from your pimping :lolwut:). Do all these things, reflect on them well, get a good GAMSAT, BMAT and/or UKCAT and I'll make a medical school just so I can have you.:tongue:

yer, that's the plan, play hard and work hard :tongue:. I suck at teaching, couldn't help my brothers much at GCSE :tongue:.

Haha, i hope you're a girl :wink:
Original post by dmz

yer, that's the plan, play hard and work hard :tongue:. I suck at teaching, couldn't help my brothers much at GCSE :tongue:.

Haha, i hope you're a girl :wink:

Yes, but this time money is involved.

Also...............no I'm not a girl!!
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Good bloke
That is a very doubtlful contention given that universities and employers are well aware that the A* grade was not available two years ago. By that logic you could argue that the preponderance of high grades undermines the achievements of pupils from, say, the 1980s or 1970s who took A levels when the number of people who could get each grade was based on relative results each year, and before the standard of questions was reduced and the exams modularised. How irritating would that be?

you make a very valid point grumpy mod! :smile:. If i was doing A-levels in the 80's and 90's I would be very bitter :P
Original post by dmz

I'd rather take 9K up front for one year, than pay 9K for the next 5yrs

If you think it's going to be only for one year you're going to be in for a shock!
Reply 28
Original post by winter_mute
If you think it's going to be only for one year you're going to be in for a shock!

at the moment, it is but I did say things could/will change :colonhash:

right now I'm only worrying about how yo get in, once that's covered I'll make a thread on finance assuming I don't figure it out
Original post by dmz
at the moment, it is but I did say things could/will change :colonhash:

right now I'm only worrying about how yo get in, once that's covered I'll make a thread on finance assuming I don't figure it out

Nappa:- Vegeta, What does the scouter say about the tuition fees for graduate medicine.
Vegeta:- It's over 9000............

Lol. :biggrin:
Reply 30
Original post by firestar101
Nappa:- Vegeta, What does the scouter say about the tuition fees for graduate medicine.
Vegeta:- It's over 9000............

Lol. :biggrin:

Haha someone's been watching a lot of dragon ball z!
Reply 31
Original post by blue_shift86
god these new A* grades are seriously undermining the achievements of people who in the old system got 4A's. I find that somewhat irritating :tongue: ...oh well :P

Me too. I got 90-100% in my first 5 modules for Maths and Physics so went out and got absolutely wasted the night before my final two exam because I had nothing to gain from revising (I already knew I had an A overall). I was still drunk while I took them. If I'd had an A* to aim for, I might not have had to suffer such a horrific hangover.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending