The Student Room Group

Has anyone... gotten any D* at BTEC Level

Scroll to see replies

This is only applicable from 2010 onwards, so only people in their first year of a two year course can achieve D*.

(In terms on level 3 courses, level 2 & 1 have been like this for ages, I think.)
Reply 2
I don't think that exists.
Original post by Nayred

It does exist for BTEC Extended Diploma.

My BF'd friend has got 3 Distinction* in his BTEC... :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by Nayred

From September of 2010 it does look at the links I posted. Pupils can get D*,D*D,D*D* ,D*D*D or D*D*D*.
I got D* for the GCSE equivelent
Reply 6
Haha, yeah it exists :biggrin:

All 3 of my friends doing Btec are predicted this and all are convinced a D*D*D* = A*A*A* and will get them into oxbridge...
Good luck to them :biggrin:
Reply 7
so if you're in your 2nd year of the BTEC you can't get a D*?
Reply 8
On the mark scheme it only goes up to DDD. However I am on my second year.
Reply 9
Although I want to get up to DDD as my main target, I might try and get higher than that if I want to, it might give me a better chance of application into university.
Reply 11
Hi could you explain to me how you managed to get D*? I am currently doing my gcse's and i was wondering what i need to do in order to get D* for my btec subject.. Do i need all distinctions for every piece of work?
Original post by Mikaylaa
Hi could you explain to me how you managed to get D*? I am currently doing my gcse's and i was wondering what i need to do in order to get D* for my btec subject.. Do i need all distinctions for every piece of work?

Just had a look online - I don't know what course you're taking but here's the Pearson grade calculator, if it helps.

http://qualifications.pearson.com/content/demo/en/support/support-topics/results-certification/calculating-your-overall-btec-grade.html/#tab-QCF

Your teacher should know the correct grading, just ask them when you have the chance to be sure. :smile:
Students in BTEC Hair Dressing be like

yup😄
(edited 8 years ago)
Yes it does exist, I studied a BTEC Lev 3 in Uniformed Public Services and I got a D*D*D and I'm studying at Uni of Nottingham now, the star comes when you have done almost all of your assignments to distinction level with a couple of merits here and there, that's all really
to get D*D*D* you need to get destinction in everything but you can have 2 merits I believe :smile:
I
I got D*D*D* in a Level 3 Extended Diploma in Business Studies, which is 420 UCAS Points and equivalent to 3 A-Levels! Now I am in my third year at university :smile:
hope to do as well in BTEC level 3 engineering already got D*D* in my first year going to go for D*D*D*
I have D*s in both my BTEC Subsidiary Diplomas (each equal to one A* at A Level)!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending