The Student Room Group

Worst pain you've experienced?

Scroll to see replies

Took a high double footed tackle in the knee when I was about eight. Blood everywhere, leg cut to bits, and it did something to my knee - I'm not entirely sure what - however I was out for at least a month and walking hurt for quite a while.

Also a classic punch/hit of some kind in the balls. Ruined.
Reply 121
Original post by dothestrand
Almost unbearable - and to this day, unexplained - stomach pains, from which I passed out and vomited a few times. I've never had anything like it since either, and I'm a massive hypochondriac who freaks out when I have a headache so I would have noticed.
Also I've had a bad back for about 6 years, but it doesn't trouble me as much as it used to.

Have you been tested for gallstones/gallbladder problems?
Reply 122
Standing on a plug with the pins facing up!!! Ouchhh!! killed like hell!! :frown: x
Another one was getting a severe burn on my arm. I worked at McDonalds and their hot food storage went into overdrive I brushed against it for a second and burnt half my lower arm, Was given 2 minutes to run under water before being made to go back to work. Still have a faint scar on my arm (this 3-4 years on)
Yet stupidly, I put my hand into a fryer to rescue something that had fallen, didn't feel the heat nor got a mark :/
The cold. All men will agree.
Original post by ShaolinTemple

Original post by ShaolinTemple
The cold. All men will agree.

Probably not because its cold but because your wee willies shrink :p:
Original post by userdloat
Have you been tested for gallstones/gallbladder problems?

Yeah, they did all kinds of tests, I was in hospital for a couple of days, but they never discovered what had caused it. It was a couple of years ago now, and I've no trouble of that sort at all.
Thought I was having a heart attack 3 years ago, so much pain and tightness in my chest! The paramedics were so rude to me, "you're only 19 what the hell is this" bla bla!!
This is kind of embarrassing but at the time it was so terrifying and painful! Last summer I worked at a camp in America on the ropes staff, part of my job was that every morning myself and the other ropes staff would have to set up the entire ropes course- put up all the ropes, tie all the knots and put up all the ladders. Usually I just put up the ropes and tied the knots but one day, I was left to help put up the ladders. The ladders were about 12ft high and were solid wood and were so heavy that we couldn't lift them very much and we had a certain method of putting them up where we would lie them on the ground then walk them up to prop them against the edge of the pole or wall and then tie them to it. Unfortunately for me it had rained that night and the ground and the ladders were soaking wet and really slippy! I was walking one of the ladders up against the rock wall when it skidded on the floor, slipped against my hands and started falling towards me. Now, it retrospect I should have either dove out of the way or at least just let it hit me. The worst it would have done would have knocked me out. Stupid me panicked and decided to move my head to that the rungs wouldn't hit me, instead my head would go through the rungs! It then balanced on my shoulders, one rung fitted underneath my chin and it then started tipping backwards, lifting my head back, so far back that it hurt like hell. Another member of staff ended up having to jump down fromthe top of her ladder and stop mine from tipping my head completely back. The terror I felt was immense, everyone around me was in shock and we had all thought that the ladder was going to take my head off. I thought my neck was about to break. I ended up with whiplash for ages =[ So freakin painful both at the time and for ages after!

Also, when I was 10 I went on holiday with my cousins and we were playing in the kids park jumping off a tube slide and catching hold of monkey bars and swinging. It was pretty boring after a while so we decided to be a bit more daring. My cousin wondered if we could catch hold of the monkey bars with one hand so me being the stupid little idiot that I was (and still am, see ladder incident for proof!) I decided to try it. I managed it but instead of swinging forward with the momentum of the jump, I swung sideways. WHat happened was that my hand stayed on the monkey bars and my body pretty much swung round 360 degrees leaving my hand to do some sort of move like that scene on the exorcist where her head spins all the way round. I snapped 10 bones in my wrist- the 8 between my hand and my wrist and the radius and ulna. I had to have pins in it for ages and a cast up to my armpit for months. I can't even begin to describe the pain... the itchy cast was a bitch too!

Also, last summer I stepped off of a step wrong and went down on my ankle! It was the most intense pain i've ever felt and then it stopped after 5 minutes and my whole foot went completely numb. Turned out to be a third degree ankle sprain and I was in a foot brace for weeks. Couldn't walk on it at all for a week, American crutches suck! Bruised ribs all round =[
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 129
Original post by dothestrand
Yeah, they did all kinds of tests, I was in hospital for a couple of days, but they never discovered what had caused it. It was a couple of years ago now, and I've no trouble of that sort at all.

Aww, that's alright then, as long as the pain doesn't come back! Not so lucky myself haha!
Reply 130
emotional
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Reagan Smash
x

Ooh well described and satisfyingly grim. I approve.

Edit: argh ****e I can't rate any more posts today.
Original post by God Himself
Playing cricket - Got hit in the box. The box shattered, bits of sharp plastic everywhere..... Playing cricket again, wicketkeeping someonethrew the ball into me, lost it in the sun hit me in the left eye. Umpire let me play on but two overs later ball thrown into me again, hit a ditch in the floor flew up and hit e in my right eye. Resulting in two black eyes and painfully crying myself to sleep for 2 weeks after :smile:

Wow that's pretty unlucky. Mine's also a cricketing injury for my school when I was about 16. I bowled, the batsman hit it straight down the wicket back at me on the full toss, I went to catch him out but misjudged it slightly so this speeding cricket ball crashed off my right thumb and onto the stumps at the non-strikers end meaning I'd inadvertently got the other batsman out. My thumb was pretty much shattered though, bad times.

That's it for me in terms of breaks, I've had a prop forward fall on my outstretched leg and tear my knee ligaments before and playing football I've turned my marker only for him to have stepped on my foot, holding it in place as the rest of my body went in the opposite direction.
Original post by Ice_Queen
Most painful experience for me was having my coil put in. Ouch!

Reminded me of a story I heard recently: My work colleague went in for a pap smear. The nurse caught her coil with the speculum and managed to yank it out of her uterus, tearing her Fallopian tube on the way. Just thinking about that makes me cross my legs and curl up in a ball.

I've never experienced bad pain. Dislocated my thumb, broke my foot, but nothing terrible. I think the worst was when my back muscles went into spasm, but I wouldn't have said that was excruciating - more disabling, because I couldn't do ANYTHING for three days. Even breathing hurt. I never realised how much you use your back muscles, lol.
Reply 134
I was riding my bike on a summers day morning. I was doing the paper round. I started getting this weird kind of pain above my left hip. Wasn't that bad. Got home, got worse and worse. Eventually I was sweating so bad, heart was beating so fast. Was screaming a bit and got angry with everyone for no reason. Called the ambulance, they took me to the hospital. Got there and the doctors asked me to pull down my pants. I was a bit surprised. The pain is elsewhere. Then I saw it. Left testicle swelled up big time. Apparantly it's called Testicular Torsion. Some vein of mine twisted, stopped the blood flowing or something. Thankfully it untangled itself. Otherwise it would have been an emergency operation. Had ultrasounds and stuff. Was asked if I have had sex or what not. Was 14 at the time. I didn't get a hard one or anything during the time. The pain was awful.

Edit: I remember being checked for any lumps you know where. I screamed when the finger went in. Other than this, have had ankle and toes fracture now and then.
(edited 13 years ago)
I've never broken, sprained or dislocated anything because I was such a wuss as a child, and still am now really. I'd say the worst pain I've ever had was period pain when I was a teenager, which was so bad sometimes it actually made me vomit. Though I sometimes get really bad headaches that make me feel sick too.
Original post by Terpsikhore
Reminded me of a story I heard recently: My work colleague went in for a pap smear. The nurse caught her coil with the speculum and managed to yank it out of her uterus, tearing her Fallopian tube on the way. Just thinking about that makes me cross my legs and curl up in a ball.

I've never experienced bad pain. Dislocated my thumb, broke my foot, but nothing terrible. I think the worst was when my back muscles went into spasm, but I wouldn't have said that was excruciating - more disabling, because I couldn't do ANYTHING for three days. Even breathing hurt. I never realised how much you use your back muscles, lol.

Ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow...............................
When I was about 8yo I tripped when walking across a brick wall and somehow managed to fall exactly on my willy which then scraped against the wall all the way down. Blood dripping everywhere.

The funniest part was, it was in my back garden and the first person to hear me scream was the old (like 80) woman next door, who came over to see what was up. She pulled my pants down and crap, it must've been quite a sight for an old dear.

And then at the hospital the nurse was like prodding my willy and then bitching and whining at me for not sitting still which was like WTF you could never understand this pain, bitch ._.
Got my tragus pierced. Didn't hurt that much.

Said tragus got infected so badly the back embedded into my ear, my jaw was swollen shut and all my glands behind my ear doubled in size and I had to go into A&E to get it pulled out.

Got there. They gave me maximum dose of paracetamol and ibuprofen. They pulled on the stud. NOW THAT HURT, as the only way to get it out was to pull it backwards through my tragus. I screamed the place down. Other patients in A&E probably feared for their lives. They gave me codeine. Tried again, I screamed the place down. Eventually they put me on the gas and air and managed it. I unfortunately had a panic attack due to the gas and air. I started yelling 'I can't feel my face I can't feel my face' I was so drugged, that I forgot that was the point of the stuff. Now have a deformed tragus due to it being mauled.

And before some piercing expert gets on my ass about it, I cleaned it correctly, followed instructions and it still got infected. On talking to the doctor in A&E she said she had never seen an ear piercing get so badly infected in so little time. She thought I had done it myself, but I promise, I didn't!
Original post by thru sun and rain
Probably not because its cold but because your wee willies shrink :p:

Leave my willy alone. Don't make me slap you with it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending