The Student Room Group

The Reading/Leeds Festival Thread 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 200
Original post by Man-in-the-Moon
Haha, fair point, I just think that this year's stuff is a bit of a random collection of different bands.

I understand what you're saying, I'm just trying to be mean. :p:

I like the lineup tbh.
Original post by lozz2601
I'd have been sorted if most genres of music and a lot of bands had appeared on that line-up, is all I'm saying - which probably isn't the case for some! Like I said above, if it's the case that you haven't heard of the bands then it's your own fault because they're clearly big enough to be known. And like I said if it's that you've heard them and don't like them, then fair enough!
(general "you" here).

I'm just getting fed up of people trying to put a downer on those of us who are genuinely excited.

Fair enough. I'm sure you didn't mean it too but it came across a bit snobby, i do hope those who are happy with the line up get tickets and enjoy it though.

I'm just gutted there are no festival line ups that please me when I wanted a festival summer.
Oh well.
Original post by ily_em
Alternative stage though, isn't that really small? Hopefully won't be too packed :/

Not a clue, never been before!
I'm really pleased it's not all really new (dare I say mainstream) bands, I love me a bit of Pulp and Strokes (and Beady Eye and the National.....)
Original post by clo-clo1
Fair enough. I'm sure you didn't mean it too but it came across a bit snobby, i do hope those who are happy with the line up get tickets and enjoy it though.

I'm just gutted there are no festival line ups that please me when I wanted a festival summer.
Oh well.

(I'd think it's more snobby to proclaim other people's music tastes as **** tbh like some have been doing, but if that's how I came across my bad - i just get annoyed with people who stick to one genre then get all annoyed when stuff doesn't suit them).

That does really suck - is there nothing even halfway good?
Reply 205
every year people say the line up is rubbish, remember last year with the 'who is arcade fire' thing
Reply 206
Original post by metric
every year people say the line up is rubbish, remember last year with the 'who is arcade fire' thing

Ahahaha the 'Who the **** is Arcade Fire?' was brilliant.
(I'd think it's more snobby to proclaim other people's music tastes as **** tbh like some have been doing, but if that's how I came across my bad - i just get annoyed with people who stick to one genre then get all annoyed when stuff doesn't suit them).

That does really suck - is there nothing even halfway good?

Nah not that'd I'd spend goo money on, lots of little gigs though so its okay. Going Wireless too but only for Pulp.
If Frank Turner was on the Saturday I'd totally go for the day through, shame really.
Original post by clo-clo1
Nah not that'd I'd spend goo money on, lots of little gigs though so its okay. Going Wireless too but only for Pulp.
If Frank Turner was on the Saturday I'd totally go for the day through, shame really.

Ahh ok, well at least that way you get to spend your money on people you really want to see!

maybe just ask them to swap him round?! :p:
I've loved the line up this year and last year, soo happy!

It's better than Friday.
Reply 210
Original post by metric

lol, noobz.

It annoys me when people seem to think the headliners have to be these huge bands that headline every year. If that was how it works you wouldn't have any good new bands coming through and it'd all get rather boring. Seeing Muse headline has lost it's appeal now they're headlining everywhere for the 2nd time round, it'll still be good just not anything special.
Muse apparently going to play a more even spread of material from all albums. Great news.
Download > Reading
Whoop just purchased weekend tickets, bring it on!!!!
The Strokes.
Original post by Kreuzuerk
Muse apparently going to play a more even spread of material from all albums. Great news.

That's really great news - I like their latest album but it's far from their best.

Provided they stay away from that godawful song (imo!) that they wrote for Twilight we'll be fine...
Muse, Friendly Fires, Enter Shikari, The Strokes, Two Door Cinema Club, Pigeon Detectives, My Chemical Romance, 30 Seconds To Mars, New Found Glory, Bombay Bicycle Club, Everything Everything, White Lies, Noah and The Whale, and The Naked and Famous <3 cannot waitttt :biggrin:
AHAAA you have MCR.
Reply 218
Original post by Kreuzuerk

I like the sound of this

Original post by BradfordCityJoss
Download &gt; Reading

I also agree with this.
Reply 219
That's really great news - I like their latest album but it's far from their best.

Provided they stay away from that godawful song (imo!) that they wrote for Twilight we'll be fine...

The V fest gigs were some of the best from the BHAR era. Deadstar and Space Dementia :coma: So lets hope for another good end to the tour.

Quick Reply

Latest