The Student Room Group

gf loves me, but thought of someone else ...?

my gf loves me but admitted she liked someone else for a few days, but her feelings remained for me.

and now she feels awful and says she doesnt deserve me.

what should i do? how can i help her? and is that normal?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Dump.
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
my gf loves me but admitted she liked someone else for a few days, but her feelings remained for me.

i have also treated her badly recently and pushed her away:frown:
Reply 3
Its only natural to like the look of someone else every now and again. As long as she didn't act on it.
Original post by CapnHooch
Dump.

How would having a dump help him in this situation? Come on, the guy is in real need of advice!
Dump her and let her have get with the guy she likes. Maybe it'll work out and maybe it won't. I was in the same situation with my ex boyfriend. Should've dumped him, but in the end he cheated and left me for her.
Reply 6
Threesome.
No that isn't normal, its a bit harsh and you should be glad she feels bad, because at least she regrets it... in what way have you treated her badly?

You just need to ask yourself if you can carry on with the relationship knowing that she liked someone else while she supposedly loved you!
Reply 8
liking for a few days shows she can't have been serious!probably just thought he was hot
wouldn't worry :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by Peachykeen09

Original post by Peachykeen09
Dump her and let her have get with the guy she likes. Maybe it'll work out and maybe it won't. I was in the same situation with my ex boyfriend. Should've dumped him, but in the end he cheated and left me for her.

Exactly what happened to me

Just be nice, not tooo nice so she feels she doesnt deserve you, and try to create new moments so that something else becomes the focus :smile:

If she was so honest, I would trust her, she either wants to reveal her true self to see if you still want her as she is, or is trying to hurt you.... and I would say its the first over the latter...

so love her :smile:
that is all :smile:
Reply 11
If you were pushing her away she probably felt neglected and then 'turned' to someone else, but if she admitted it told you the truth and is sorry then surely dumping her isn't the way to go? At least she was honest - if it was in her head then noone would ever have found out but at least she had the decency to own up - she obviously cares a lot for you. It's normal for everyone to wonder now and then, the only difference is when they become obsessive and act on it. If you want to forgive her, then forgive her... but make sure you just talk everything out - tell her you're upset/why you pushed her away etc. Don't raise any voices... talking works and you'll feel closer and a lot better after. Also if you decide to forgive her for it, then you can't bring it up in any future arguments... if you think it'll always be 'there' and be a problem, put both of you out of your misery and end it.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 12
Original post by Jellybean91
No that isn't normal, its a bit harsh and you should be glad she feels bad, because at least she regrets it... in what way have you treated her badly?

You just need to ask yourself if you can carry on with the relationship knowing that she liked someone else while she supposedly loved you!

i would make a big deal out of any argument and then 'attack' her (not physically) and i would make it seem as if it was always her fault.:frown:

she didnt act on it though.
Reply 13
Original post by mmmegan_x
If you were pushing her away she probably felt neglected and then 'turned' to someone else, but if she admitted itm told you the truth and is sorry then surely dumping her isn't the way to go? It's normal for everyone to wonder now and then, the only difference is when they become obsessive and act on it. If you want to forgive her, then forgive her... but make sure you just talk everything out - tell her you're upset/why you pushed her away etc. Don't raise any voices... talking works and you'll feel closer and a lot better after. Also you can't forgive her for it and then bring it up in any future arguments... if you think it'll always be 'there' and be a problem, put both of you out of your misery and end it.

gd advice
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 14
Original post by mmmegan_x
If you were pushing her away she probably felt neglected and then 'turned' to someone else, but if she admitted it told you the truth and is sorry then surely dumping her isn't the way to go? At least she was honest - if it was in her head then noone would ever have found out but at least she had the decency to own up - she obviously cares a lot for you. It's normal for everyone to wonder now and then, the only difference is when they become obsessive and act on it. If you want to forgive her, then forgive her... but make sure you just talk everything out - tell her you're upset/why you pushed her away etc. Don't raise any voices... talking works and you'll feel closer and a lot better after. Also if you decide to forgive her for it, then you can't bring it up in any future arguments... if you think it'll always be 'there' and be a problem, put both of you out of your misery and end it.

i know i told her i forced her into it.
we have just been talking cos i know it was my fault too.

thank u
i would make a big deal out of any argument and then 'attack' her (not physically) and i would make it seem as if it was always her fault.:frown:

she didnt act on it though.

I'm forever making a big deal out of arguments but my boyfriend doesn't go after other girls! Yeh fair enough she didn't act on it, but doesn't it hurt you knowing, that for those few days, she wanted someone else instead?
Reply 16
Original post by bacforever3
Just be nice, not tooo nice so she feels she doesnt deserve you, and try to create new moments so that something else becomes the focus :smile:

If she was so honest, I would trust her, she either wants to reveal her true self to see if you still want her as she is, or is trying to hurt you.... and I would say its the first over the latter...

so love her :smile:
that is all :smile:[/QUOT

this
Reply 17
Original post by Jellybean91
I'm forever making a big deal out of arguments but my boyfriend doesn't go after other girls! Yeh fair enough she didn't act on it, but doesn't it hurt you knowing, that for those few days, she wanted someone else instead?

it wasnt 'instead'. during them days she still wanted me.
but afterwards she realised she liked some1 else too.
Original post by Rishz
Exactly what happened to me

i feel ya :frown:
Reply 19
To be fair I think a lot of girls have probably thought it, just your girlfriend was more forward and open that she actually said it. Maybe she was just hinting for you to give her more attention so she won't stray from you? As you did say you were pushing her away recently..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending