The Student Room Group

How do I let him know I like him?

So there's this boy, let's call him Neil. I've known him for years, and I can honestly say he is the nicest boy I have ever met in my life. He's sweet and considerate, and would never set out to hurt someone. He was in a relationship for two and a half years but that ended last year, and since then he has been in a few relationships but nothing serious.

We have a very playful relationship, but he is like this with all his girl friends really. He often gropes me or whatever. So when he is like that, how can I show him that I think I like him as more than a friend? I see him everyday at college, and we hang out in a big group.

Scroll to see replies

Well, grope him back! And if you find yourselves alone then ask him out for coffee or drinks or something, isn't that how most people go about it these days!
Reply 2
Original post by INeedToLoseWeight
So there's this boy, let's call him Neil. I've known him for years, and I can honestly say he is the nicest boy I have ever met in my life. He's sweet and considerate, and would never set out to hurt someone. He was in a relationship for two and a half years but that ended last year, and since then he has been in a few relationships but nothing serious.

We have a very playful relationship, but he is like this with all his girl friends really. He often gropes me or whatever. So when he is like that, how can I show him that I think I like him as more than a friend? I see him everyday at college, and we hang out in a big group.

:lolwut:
But he wouldn't think groping would show I like him cos it's just how he rolls. Also, I don't have a lot of confidence!
Reply 4
But he wouldn't think groping would show I like him cos it's just how he rolls. Also, I don't have a lot of confidence!

Does he hug you when he says goodbye? If so hold on for longer than usual. Little things like that. Hell even kiss him ! :P
'I like you'.

Rocket science it is not.
My friend decided to play matchmaker and told him..Good thing he thinks I'm attractive or whatever. Maybe have a friend to do the same for you but only one that you trust..?
Original post by JCC-MGS
'I like you'.

Rocket science it is not.

That would be great I Was an appealing person but i and very likely to be rejected because of my fatness, ugliness, and general not niceness
Sounds like Neil puts the 'sex' back into sexual predator.
Reply 9
That would be great I Was an appealing person but i and very likely to be rejected because of my fatness, ugliness, and general not niceness

bored of seeing people say they're ugly. bet you aren't at all
just go for it!!
Original post by ritchie888
Sounds like Neil puts the 'sex' back into sexual predator.

No he's lovely! He does it in a way which makes you feel comforted, not creeped out!
Reply 11
Sex.
No he's lovely! He does it in a way which makes you feel comforted, not creeped out!

Groping comforts you?

Sounds like you have major issues :frown:
flash ya baps
"Niel. I like you."
Original post by hanaalou
bored of seeing people say they're ugly. bet you aren't at all
just go for it!!

You should see my nose. It's actually disgusting.
Original post by ritchie888
Groping comforts you?

Sounds like you have major issues :frown:

No I just mean he does it in a friendly way not a threatening way
Original post by Peachykeen09
My friend decided to play matchmaker and told him..Good thing he thinks I'm attractive or whatever. Maybe have a friend to do the same for you but only one that you trust..?

yesssssss this. Get a mutual friend (shouldn't be hard since your in a group) that you trust, confide in them and get them to try and stealthly find out. Or even ask for their opinion. Signals are often quite obvious to an outside observer.
I don't want to tell my friends because last time I told them I liked someone it turned out he liked one of my friends and i was very embarrassed.
Reply 19
Get em out, put em in his hand and cry, he should get the hint.....

Quick Reply

Latest