The Student Room Group

Girls who try so hard to be a lad. Why?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by booksnob
Who says dude anyway, female, male or otherwise? uck.

I know, the days of "dude" are long gone.
Original post by IlexBlue
I say dude and man all the time. If this puts a guy off, he's not the kind of guy I give a flying **** about getting to know anyway, so it works out.

Seriously, are you living in the Victorian era? Does my vernacular offend you?
Then I shall of course immediately start wearing all pink and talk like the dizzy tarts on my facebook: "oh hey darlin u lukin gd bbz xxx"

^ thats chav talk which is just as much of a turn off as being a ladette is.

Also, no I dont live in the Victorian Era and I understand equality and that women should be free to do what they want, however, i just find it unattractive, just as many women think men who show their emotional side are unattractive.

So, its okay for women to dislike men who show their feminine side but its not okay for men to dislike women who show their masculine side? hypocritical!
Original post by AreYouDizzeeBlud_x
I don't call girls babe. I call them beautiful if that is what I think of them.

You're the one generalising her. I never said women had to wear certain clothes or anything. Women can wear whatever they want, they can talk about what ever they want, what im talking about is addressing someone in an appropriate manner. Mannerisms in this country have gone down the pan.

Its just women cant still show authority and still be a woman without using such words, believe me. If im in a bar or a club, I'll instantly start speaking to women who drink out of wine glasses, cocktail glasses, vodka glasses who show a bit more class than just succumbing to the chavette norm that society wants!

I WANT A REAL WOMAN WHO SHOWS HER WOMANLY WAYS! GOD PUT A WOMAN ON THE EARTH TO ACT LIKE A WOMAN SO MEN WOULD BE ATTRACTED TO HER WOMANLY WAYS AND WANT TO GET UP ON IT!

that is all!

But a lot of women like me decide that they like having pints of beer not because they want to appear manly, but because they like the taste of beer. I don't see why we should comply with what you say 'makes' a woman just to attract men as we have our own tastes and preferences.

A real woman isnt just someone who acts stereotypically submissive and saccharine for men's benefits. You make it sound like we exist to serve you:

"GOD PUT A WOMAN ON THE EARTH TO ACT LIKE A WOMAN SO MEN WOULD BE ATTRACTED TO HER WOMANLY WAYS AND WANT TO GET UP ON IT!

You need to get with the 21st century, man!

For the record, I find it sweet and endearing for men to be sensitive and emotional because it means i'm more likely to be able to bond with and understand them. I have no problem with men with traditionally stereotypical feminine traits.
(edited 13 years ago)
Chill man. If the usage of a couple of words is enough to turn you off a woman, you're going to get nowhere in life. Girls who actually act like 'lads', yeah, major turn-off, if a girl called me 'dude' (and some of my girl friends do call me 'dude'), who the hell cares?
Original post by blush.ox

:lol: omg true, didnt even notice

Hypocrite ****er noob OP hahaha...
Original post by Straight up G
Fair enough, but rarely outside of certain areas in London does anyone actually say 'brah'. TSR isn't a good place if you're looking for real English slang...

I didn't think 'brah' was used a lot over there. Haha, I was writing it using slang from over here :cool:
Reply 46
Original post by AreYouDizzeeBlud_x
^ thats chav talk which is just as much of a turn off as being a ladette is.

Also, no I dont live in the Victorian Era and I understand equality and that women should be free to do what they want, however, i just find it unattractive, just as many women think men who show their emotional side are unattractive.

So, its okay for women to dislike men who show their feminine side but its not okay for men to dislike women who show their masculine side? hypocritical!

How is saying "dude" and "man" being a ladette? I don't boast about going to strip clubs, enjoy football or try to be "one of the guys" in any way, they're just meaningless words I've picked up, I guess because of my surroundings, the music I listen to and just our general culture.

And I don't dislike a guy who shows his emotional side... holy sweeping generalisations, Batman!
Original post by Peachykeen09
I didn't think 'brah' was used a lot over there. Haha, I was writing it using slang from over here :cool:

Basically, I've only heard it on TSR and from some of my... posher friends.

Whereabouts in America are you? East coast, West Coast, neither coast?
Reply 48
Hypocrite ****er noob OP hahaha...

:lolwut: where'd my post go, think i deleted it while editing :facepalm: nvm :lol:

lots of guys say 'dude' to me
think im guna fuss next time and be like say 'dudette' or something :rolleyes:
I hate laddish girls who constantly bitch about other girls being bitches. Hypocrites. You only hang out with an all-male group because you're a bona fide sket.
Calm yourself dude.
Reply 51
I don't actually know any girls who talk like that (and I know exactly three guys who still say "dude"...), except ironically. I'd probably find it a bit odd, but it wouldn't be a big issue unless it was REALLY overdone/ grating.
(edited 13 years ago)
Standard, bro.
Original post by rmanoj
I don't actually know any girls who talk like that (and I know exactly three guys who still say "dude"...), except ironically. I'd probably find it a bit odd, but it wouldn't be a big issue unless it was REALLY overdone/ grating.

It is though and thats what drives you mad.

Its like when someone constantly uses the f word in a sentence because they're so retarded they haven't learn enough real words to make a sentence so they just fill in the gaps with that instead.
Basically, I've only heard it on TSR and from some of my... posher friends.

Whereabouts in America are you? East coast, West Coast, neither coast?

Really? from your posh friends? that's pretty funny haha

and you'd think it's used by people on the west coast but I'm from the east and it's really popular here
Original post by blush.ox
:lolwut: where'd my post go, think i deleted it while editing :facepalm: nvm :lol:

lots of guys say 'dude' to me
think im guna fuss next time and be like say 'dudette' or something :rolleyes:

I say dude occasionally, but no-one says it that much anymore. I guess its out of fashion. Depends where you are in the country too I guess

And erm, classic paki mistake deleting your post. I've done it before haha
I call my friends lad all the time, its just a bit of banter. Also, girls lives dont revolve around what lads think of them, there'll be someone that appreciates its a bit of fun :s-smilie:
Hey, dude

How come you can use them words but we cant?

Shut up, you are a bitch.

PS* Do it like a brotherrrrrrrrrrrrr Do it like a dudeeeeeeeeee..... *dance like Jessie J.*

:wink:
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Eveiebaby
But a lot of women like me decide that they like having pints of beer not because they want to appear manly, but because they like the taste of beer. I don't see why we should comply with what you say 'makes' a woman just to attract men as we have our own tastes and preferences.

A real woman isnt just someone who acts stereotypically submissive and saccharine for men's benefits. You make it sound like we exist to serve you:

"GOD PUT A WOMAN ON THE EARTH TO ACT LIKE A WOMAN SO MEN WOULD BE ATTRACTED TO HER WOMANLY WAYS AND WANT TO GET UP ON IT!

You need to get with the 21st century, man!

For the record, I find it sweet and endearing for men to be sensitive and emotional because it means i'm more likely to be able to bond with and understand them. I have no problem with men with traditionally stereotypical feminine traits.

How is it like im saying women were put on the earth to serve men? Grow up!

Women were put on the earth to be deemed attractive to men so therefore men would want to take part in intercourse with them due to their attractiveness and thus reproduce which then leads to the continuation of the human race.

Now, in all honestly, I didn't really want to have to spell it out for you. The same applies the other way round. Men were put on the earth to appear attractive to women so women too would want to have sex with men and reproduce. You're just going on a completely unrelated tirade.

Also, you saying you find men who show a sensitive side as sweet, thats in your opinion. I know loads of women who can't stand them and want a man to be manly, so why can't men want a woman to act womanly?

No one is saying women have to act submissive or sacharine are they? Im just saying that certain behaviour is a turn off, just as I find men who swear constantly, men who are rude, men who act like idiots in the pub etc as pricks!
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 59
Soooo... a girl isn't allowed to use the word 'dude'. Great. What else aren't we allowed to do because of our vaginas? Drink beer because we like the taste? Watch football because we like it? Step over the threshold of the kitchen?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending