The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Dont hurt your self revising.. but it definately can't hurt reivising now.

Do an hour or two every weekend if you want too
Reply 2
Of course not, just don't overwork yourself because it's not needed. If you decide to revise early, then revise for Maths and Science.
You don't need to revise. Just make sure you pay attention from the start, and it'll all be fine. I doubt doing revision that early would make much difference anyway.
How do you revise for your GCSEs before you've actually learned any of the content the first time?
Reply 5
You may not have started learning the content but it would definitley help by getting you into a structured revision technique which is needed for GCSE and vital at A level.
Reply 6
oh mate, are you one of those people who starts revising aaaaaaaages before a real exam because your so paranoid or phobic to faliure? year 9 work is really really easy compared to year 11 work, which in its self isnt that hard either. put it this way, ive got exams in 2 months and I haven't even started for them yet, just chill! most teachers are only recommending starting now at my school anyway (independant if you were wondering), just depends on your confidence and what level you think your at, and if you already are an A-A* student take things easy!
Reply 7
Original post by Josh_Dey
Is it good to revise GCSE from year 9?

I want to get a good GCSE grade, will revising now help me get A*s or As.

I want to go to Medical School when I'm older so all As is a good impression but even some people get rejected with all As so it's very tough...

Thanks
Josh

* I know it sounds really cheesy but I really do need to get all As, I love medicine :biggrin:
:doctor:

You are going to fail, you should have been revising 10 hours per day since primary
school. It's too late.
No.
Enjoy your gcse years as they are the easiest you'll have for a very long time.
Save your energy for a levels and uni, 'kay? :smile:
No GCSE's are easy. You'll be fine just to rush ahead whilst your in year 10.
Its not like GCSE's are that hard.
But feel free to treat your self.
Reply 10
Seiously no need to start revising in year 9, I didnt at all just make sure you are completing your work and year 9 test or internal SATs to the highest level

In year 10 you can work hard and do well in coursework and in year 11 revise!!!

I think what would help you most is reading now to broaden your ideas and prepare you to talk about a wide range of topics

I got 12 A*s and I did this so I think its a quite good plan for me anyways! :smile:
Reply 11
Original post by hihihi!!!
oh mate, are you one of those people who starts revising aaaaaaaages before a real exam because your so paranoid or phobic to faliure? year 9 work is really really easy compared to year 11 work, which in its self isnt that hard either. put it this way, ive got exams in 2 months and I haven't even started for them yet, just chill! most teachers are only recommending starting now at my school anyway (independant if you were wondering), just depends on your confidence and what level you think your at, and if you already are an A-A* student take things easy!

We have sets in our school, from 1 being the highest to 6 being the lowest.

I am:

For Science: Set 1
For Maths: Set 2
For Languages: Set 2

Do you think I could do good in GCSEs?
We have sets in our school, from 1 being the highest to 6 being the lowest.

I am:

For Science: Set 1
For Maths: Set 2
For Languages: Set 2

Do you think I could do good in GCSEs?

It's impossible to tell how well you'll do based on sets... What kind of school do you go to? I know of grammar schools were people in bottom sets get A* for maths, whereas at my school no one below set 1 even got As. But on the whole, sets don't matter, as long as you are able to get hold of appropriate revision guides and past papers and spend the time using them.

As admirable as you dedication for medicine is, I wouldn't bother "revising" for GCSEs in year 9 (though technically revision is when you're going over things you've already learnt). Enjoy you freedom whilst you have the chance. GCSEs are VERY easy. I did very little in terms of studying outside of lessons and came out with A*s and As. Just make sure you do well in coursework, and if you can, try and get into set 1 this year if possible.
:smile:
Bit early in my opinion
Reply 14
awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww bless
Reply 15
It's a marathon, not a sprint...
How do you intend to revise GCSE work when you've not done any GCSE work yet? Do like me and coast through life.
The fact that you're even asking this tells us you'll be getting 11 A*s.
Starting revising before your GCSE courses start in year 10 is probably a tad overkill...
Is it good to revise GCSE from year 9?

I want to get a good GCSE grade, will revising now help me get A*s or As.

I want to go to Medical School when I'm older so all As is a good impression but even some people get rejected with all As so it's very tough...

Thanks
Josh

* I know it sounds really cheesy but I really do need to get all As, I love medicine :biggrin:
:doctor:

No, it won't hurt. Understand the syllabus for GCSEs now, so when you get there it will be a piece of cake and you could start preparing for A-Levels! Snap on medical school! :biggrin:

And, by the way, getting As and A*s isn't hard at GCSE. I'm doing them now, and it's really easy as long as you work hard and keep everything up to date. But, I understand how you're feeling. When I was in year 9, GCSEs were a really big thing. Don't worry about it. You'll understand in two years time, what I mean. :wink:

Latest