The Student Room Group

Non-smokers, have you ever tried a cigarette?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Never and, fingers crossed, never will.
No, I just don't see the point and if I did I know I would just feel disappointed in myself.
Yeah i tried it, i couldn't see what all the hype was. I smoked it because apparently it helps you drink alcohol
nope....my lungs are already full of crap from the air of london.....no point filling them with more stuff on purpose
Original post by Raving_Hippy
Have any non-smokers here ever tried a cigarette? What did you think of it?

The first time I tried one I felt really sick from the tase and smell.

I got used to it because so many people around me smoked. Later on I started having the random odd one, because somehow it seemd like a good idea :rolleyes: Now I haven't touched one in years and once again the smell makes me feel nauseous.
Yeah don't mind it, makes me feel quite calm. Only occasionally smoke when I'm drunk though, don't really see the need for it in general. Certainly not the ridiculous amounts that someone people smoke aday.
I have tried it and didn't really like the taste or the effect it had on me. i do sometimes like to smoke cannabis using a pipe or bong though. Probably just me but tobacco made my teeth feel really dirty.
Reply 27
Never have tried it even once...but I will surely try it before 2012, if the world does end :tongue:
Reply 28
Original post by emeleh
No. And don't plan to either :smile: Inhaling passively cause a smoker friend is next to you is bad enough.. urgh.

This.
Reply 29
Nah, the smell puts me off.

I would try a cigar though. I like their smell.
Reply 30
Original post by kerily
The only thing I noticed was that in the days after, I was coughing an absolute tonne. I do plan to try it again.

Lol :rolleyes:
Reply 31
Original post by No Man
Nah, the smell puts me off.

I would try a cigar though. I like their smell.

This. I have also tried, in my teens.
Never since, I am too busy going back and forth to the dry cleaners with my clothes that are infested with other people's cigarette stink. Friends who smoke cost me a fortune :mad:
Reply 32
Went through a phase where i'd smoke when I was drunk, cus I wasn't a smoker I'd get head rush so it made me feel more drunk.
Never have, don't intend on doing so either. It was curious about it in year 6 but that phase quickly passed thankfully! See it as a bit of a waste of money too.
yes, kind of enjoyed it and I can see why people do it, but it isn't for me, I have asthma, really can't afford it, and don't really want another bad habit to go along with my binge eating and drinking, although I am making a concious effort to drink less. 3 days without drinking is an accomplishment for a fresher right?

I am not one of those people who condemns smokers, but I have had a few asthma attacks this term, and so i feel bad when my friends go stand outside and do it because of me
(edited 12 years ago)
same I smoke at parties and have done it a few times in my room out of my window when i felt stressed to see if it helped to calm me down. I think it did help but that might just be because it took my mind off things because i had to concentrate on the breathing in and out part! Menthols i like. real cigarettes are too strong for me because i usually do the menthol ting. but then people who smoke real cigarettes dislike menthols. i dont know. i love the smell though but feel just INCREDIBLY guilty when i smoke when sober/ in public.
Reply 36
I first tried it when I was in year 7 at school and choked on it, I turned quite red in front of all the year 11's we were hanging out with at that moment.

Since then I've tried it a few times, a few weeks ago I nearly had a full one to myself. I wouldn't take it up as a constant habit, plus my mum would kill me if she found out I'd followed in her foot steps and smoked. and I'm not rich enough to pay out £5 for a pack of cigarettes all the time.
Yes, on various different occasions, and I really don't see the appeal or point of the whole thing tbh.
Reply 38
Original post by awais590
Lol :rolleyes:

I didn't just have one; I'm not that pathetic, don't worry :tongue: I probably had somewhere between 7 and 10 in a day, when I'd never smoked before (expect for passive smoking from birth to age 3, which left me with a tendency to asthma) and it left me coughing stuff up for the next couple of days, although I didn't cough at the time.
Yeah it didn't do much for me. I'll smoke when I drink but only because when I drink I decide smoking will make me look cool.

Quick Reply

Latest